Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Who is excited about tomorrow?

1. Jul 15, 2005 #1
    I cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It should be at my door tomorrow afternoon....the anticipation is almost painful!!!!

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 15, 2005 #2
    lol its 12am and my copy ain't here!!! I WANT MIDNIGHT DELIVERY.

4. Jul 15, 2005 #3
    :rofl: :rofl:

5. Jul 15, 2005 #4

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

Dude, get over yourself, its only Harry Potter.

6. Jul 15, 2005 #5
    Sorry, I just feel like a kid.... :tongue2:

I love Harry Potter!

7. Jul 15, 2005 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Aww...I just know my copy has been shipped, but don't know exactly when it will arrive. I'm just happy that I know it will show up before I have to fly to Canada at the end of next week; I'm looking forward to reading it on the flight! :biggrin:

8. Jul 15, 2005 #7

Janus

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Harry who?

9. Jul 15, 2005 #8
    ewwwwwwwwww, i have to go wash off all the geekiness that i got on me from this thread...

10. Jul 15, 2005 #9

Pengwuino

Gold Member

me too!!!! ewwwwwwww *chops off eyes*

11. Jul 15, 2005 #10
    How the heck did you manage to chop off your eyes? Never mind...I don't want to know.

Does your screen print in Braille?

12. Jul 15, 2005 #11

JamesU

Gold Member

so you all reserved harry potter, even though they will have 1,000 copies at costco tomorrow for less than half the price of what you're all paying.

13. Jul 15, 2005 #12
    I doubt it...but we will see tomorrow.

14. Jul 15, 2005 #13

JamesU

Gold Member

that's what happened to me when the last book came out.

15. Jul 16, 2005 #14
    Well, we will just have to see what happens.

Regards,

16. Jul 16, 2005 #15

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, since Costco membership costs more than the book, I doubt it would turn out cheaper to buy it there. I order most of my books online anyway, and they just happened to be taking the pre-orders when I was ordering some other books, so now I don't have to wait in lines to get it (I ordered enough other stuff at the time that the shipping is free too). If I see it cheaper somewhere, well, I still have the convenience of it being brought to me instead of having to fight off a bunch of kids to get to it. After reading the other 5, I couldn't wait for the paperback version on this one. :biggrin:

(Hey, if Zz can have his Disney obsession, I can have my Harry Potter obsession!)

17. Jul 16, 2005 #16

JamesU

Gold Member

in vancouver, a local bookstore released 14 copies yesterday as a mistake by the staff. The buyers were given a court order not do disclose any of the information on the book, untill it's release tomorrow.

the daily show claimed them "the least busy court in the world'. :biggrin:

18. Jul 16, 2005 #17

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: It was probably for their own protection. Nobody wants to hear from someone else what's in the book anyway! If anyone spoils the story for me before I read it, they should get the death penalty! :devil:

19. Jul 16, 2005 #18

JamesU

Gold Member

well the half blood prince is really harr- oh, you don't want me to spoil the ending...

20. Jul 16, 2005 #19
    online is alot cheapers...its like 40-60 % off. i paid 24 CDN(?20US?)...i doubt costco can beat that price plus you get a rebate from Chapters that could be up to 1000$ ..thus i can by the Kandel Neurosci book that i've been wanting to get and teh ALife conference set and a physics book.

and as for being nerdy and stuff...look at the forum you participate in. Games are nerdy too. and so is reading in itself...so geez.

moonbear:you flying to canada ? cool wher eyou going to. Mcmaster hospital?

21. Jul 16, 2005 #20

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I got it for $17.99 from Amazon, but I don't think it will arrive tomorrow unless they shipped it overnight, which I doubt they did.

I have a conference in Quebec City. That's assuming I actually make all my flights (no direct flights, and I know they've been busily overbooking the flights there because the seats were already all assigned for several flights, yet they were still trying to sell me tickets for them :grumpy:). Stupid conference organizers pick the peak of tourist season. They kept sending out notices to book rooms and flights back in March, before they even had a program out yet! How could anyone book that early when we didn't even know the meeting schedule yet?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?