Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Who is more evil and destructive to the world ?

1. Mar 26, 2003 #1
    1) Bush

2) Saddam

3) Osama

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 27, 2003 #2

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Toss-up. I'll go with Bin Laden (assuming both he and Hussein are alive).

4. Mar 27, 2003 #3
    Just wait for the 'Bush! Bush! Bush!'...

5. Mar 27, 2003 #4

amp

Just give him a little more time,

Bush may pass Saddam and Bin Laden.

6. Mar 27, 2003 #5

FZ+

Absolute Evil does not exist. Evil to us? I guess Bin Laden.

Destructive? Considering Bin Laden hasn't destroyed much (not in comparison) and Saddam's motivation is to continue the status quo of his own leadership, Bush is technically more destructive. OBL only destroyed the twin towers. SH only destroyed a few US tanks. But Bush has destroyed dozens of Taliban/Iraqi buildings, effective Democrat opposition and the entire Taliban regime etc etc.

Remember, the poster didn't mention whether X is RIGHT to destroy these things.... On pure stats, Bush is way ahead.

7. Mar 27, 2003 #6
    In terms of sheer destruction, and ignoring attempts at justification, my pick would be Bush.

[edit]
    In terms of 'evil' I favor Saddam.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2003
  8. Mar 27, 2003 #7
    If we look at the total number of people killed under each person's leadership, it would be Saddam the winner by several miles.

9. Mar 27, 2003 #8

amp

Nope,

Bush again.

10. Mar 27, 2003 #9

kat

I'd have to say Saddam, he's the only one of the three legitimately acredited with genocide.

11. Mar 27, 2003 #10
    Amp,

Give us some evidence that Bush has killed more people than Saddam.

12. Mar 27, 2003 #11
    Amp is wrong me thinks.

13. Mar 27, 2003 #12

amp

14. Mar 27, 2003 #13
    FZ+ said what i would have nearly down to the letter.

15. Mar 27, 2003 #14
    Sure Bush has broken more stuff, but...

The most evil 'and' destructive is obviously, hands down, Saddam Hussien.

He has killed more people, by far, than either of the other two.

There is simply no argument here. This is an issue about facts and not opinion.

16. Mar 27, 2003 #15

amp

Nicool003, I work a few blocks away from 'Ground Zero',

I felt the concussion wave from the blast when the secound plane impacted. I saw the people jumping..., I saw the panic, lived it... felt the unreal reality of it. Still, I can be objective about it 4000 people died in WTC some were friends of mine, well notwithstanding in Afghanistan more died ... and most of them had nothing to do with 9/11-I'm talking about the civilians who perished under a carpet of bombs; men, women ...children. Thats one of the reasons the US is being so careful in Iraq.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2003
  17. Mar 27, 2003 #16
    But...but..No! We don't like Bush, he has all the power, he has all the big guns! We mustn't look at the facts :wink:

18. Mar 27, 2003 #17
    I am sorry then amp I truly am but i simply do not understand. Some of my family were there too and thankfully they were all safe, but, one member of my family saw the whole thing (she was attending columbia university getting her masters) and she left columbia because it affected her. How could you be so against our president? The one who held us together and had everyones backing after 9/11? Now everyone is against him.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2003
  19. Mar 27, 2003 #18
    he may have held you together but i have not been pleased with the way he has been handling things for quite some time.

20. Mar 27, 2003 #19
    Yeah you were probably the .0000000001 percent that was against president bush at the time...

21. Mar 27, 2003 #20
    ^^^ Why should Bush get any credit for 9/11? There was so much solidarity and patriotism going around 9/12, a chimpanzee could have held the country together.

Saddam easily wins most evil.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?