Who is the artist of this religious painting?

• Thread starter Thecla
  • Start date
In summary: Not to mention the dead links. In summary, the painting in question was created by German artist Sulamith Wülfing and is titled "Rainbow Star." It can be found on the website illusionsgallery and has also been used as a greeting card design on the website fairyshopaholic. The search engine tineye was used to locate the image and it was previously referenced in a game on the forum in 2008.
Thecla
Who painted this beautiful painting?
painting.jpg

Attachments

• painting.jpg
    painting.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 814
Physics news on Phys.org
Have you run it through Google Images?

Answer+:

Artist: Sulamith Wülfing
"(January 11, 1901 – 1989) was a German artist and illustrator." [source: wiki]​

Title of painting: Rainbow Star [source: illusionsgallery]

search engine: tineye

ps. I had no luck with the Google Image search engine.

Likes Evo
berkeman said:
EDIT -- Om beat me to it! :smile:

YEARS of practice, until we decided to ban their use. It wasn't a game anymore when the search engines got too good.

Likes Bystander, Borek and berkeman
Thanks for the info . I didn't know you can do an image search.

OmCheeto said:
YEARS of practice, until we decided to ban their use. It wasn't a game anymore when the search engines got too good.

The last one is the Colony hotel in Maine

It had been used by Turbo1 in one of the first pages of the now lost part I of the landmarkgame in 2008-something.

Last edited:
Likes OmCheeto
Andre said:
The last one is the Colony hotel in Maine
Thanks! I assumed I was going to die before I figured that one out.
Now that I've checked, it shows up in neither Google nor Tineye, and there don't appear to be any other reverse image search engines left.
It had been used by Turbo1 in one of the first pages of the now lost part I of the landmarkgame in 2008-something.
Sad. Sometimes I use old threads as reference material. Guessing that one was a memory hog, and had probably hundreds of broken image URL's.

1. Who is the artist of this religious painting?

The answer to this question would depend on the specific painting in question. Some religious paintings may have a known artist, while others may be anonymous or part of a collective effort.

2. How can I determine the artist of a religious painting?

To determine the artist of a religious painting, you can start by researching the painting's history and provenance. This may involve looking for signatures or other identifying marks on the painting itself, as well as consulting art historians and experts in the specific religious tradition represented in the painting.

3. Why is knowing the artist of a religious painting important?

Knowing the artist of a religious painting can provide valuable context and insight into the artwork. It can also help to authenticate the painting and understand its cultural and historical significance.

4. Are there any resources available for identifying the artist of a religious painting?

Yes, there are many resources available for identifying the artist of a religious painting. These may include art databases, museum collections, and academic articles and books on religious art. Consulting with experts in the field can also be helpful.

5. Can a religious painting have multiple artists?

Yes, it is possible for a religious painting to have multiple artists. This may be the case for collaborative works or pieces that have been restored or altered by different artists over time.