Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Who is the Funniest Person at PF?

1. Oct 25, 2004 #1

Les Sleeth

Gold Member

Which PF member makes you laugh or smile the most? It doesn't have to be outright jokes or humor that does it, maybe it is just they way they are or think.

I will start out and nominate Saint as the funniest person at PF. Not only does he keep me cracked up with his questions, he is totally unrepentant about it.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 25, 2004 #2
    Hahaha, Seconded. Saint is hilarious.

4. Oct 25, 2004 #3

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I vote tribdog!

5. Oct 25, 2004 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Wow, this is hard!!!!!

In no particular order, for being funny on a consistent basis - tribdog, jimmy p, Tsunami, Math Is Hard, Moonbear, Gokul, The Bob, Artman. tribdog may be the Grand Prize winner.

Marcus surprises me many times with his humor. :approve:

6. Oct 25, 2004 #5
    I'm rarely affected by text written without someone tangibly nearby to enjoy it with me;therefore, I have a difficult time voting. Through analysis of certain behaviors and writing styles I would say jimmy p has a unique sense of humor that is quite interesting.

7. Oct 25, 2004 #6

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

funny folks

Better count yourself in there Evo. I remember at least two occasions when I have sprayed a mouthful of soda pop all over the monitor due to one of your clever quips! :biggrin:
    and yeah, I gotta agree, Tribdog is pretty darn funny... especially when he waxes poetic! :smile:

8. Oct 25, 2004 #7
    I vote for chroot. I find his constantly having to deal with the crackpots at this site quite humorous.

Paden Roder

9. Oct 25, 2004 #8

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I know he's been gone a while, but we mustn't forget Zooby !

10. Oct 25, 2004 #9

Les Sleeth

Gold Member

You too MiH, your angst over chemistry is pretty funny. After all these great recommendations I have lots of new humor to check out. You guys are right about Tribdog though, I forgot about him. If anyone remembers Alexander, I used to laugh so hard at his logical processes.

11. Oct 25, 2004 #10

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Yes, zooby was a riot!!!! :biggrin:

So was Njorl!!!!! He always had me in stitches!!!! :rofl: Does anyone know what happened to him???

If anyone wants to read up on some of the funniest threads on PF, go here https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=42220

Last edited: Oct 25, 2004
  12. Oct 25, 2004 #11
    Jimmy P. Hands down.

13. Oct 25, 2004 #12

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Ooooh...how could I forget Njorl ? :eek:

This one's among my favorite Njorl quotes (from the oft repeated brain teaser involving the liar and the truth teller)

"You ask, while imitating Sam Jackson, "Which way to City A. If you're lying to me, I'm gonna come back and kick you're ass. I don't give a damn about no logic puzzles! What kinda jackass brothers always lie while the other tells the truth! DON'T ANSWER THAT! It was rhetorical. Don't they teach you rhetoric in logic puzzle land, you lamea** m***** f*****!"

Njorl"

14. Oct 25, 2004 #13
    Two categories: Oblivious and Raw Talent

Saint and Tribdog :rofl:

15. Oct 25, 2004 #14

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I thought this site was about being serious. :confused:

I have no clue who I would vote for.

I'll vote for Bush, since that's what most people do when they don't know who to vote for. :grumpy:

Note: Stay on topic.

16. Oct 26, 2004 #15
    Zero was pretty funny.

17. Oct 26, 2004 #16

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Under the oblivious category, the was the "cubered girl"...remember her, Boulder ?

She had only one post, and it was quite serious and emotional, but the heartless scavengers that we are, we jumped on it as soon as the thread looked dead.

18. Oct 26, 2004 #17

MSI

maybe zero, tom and boulderhead..
    i dunno .. i haven't been here for a loo....oo.ong time so i can't judge.

19. Oct 26, 2004 #18
    Saint his immoraly funny.

20. Oct 26, 2004 #19
    Saint is so funny, he probably thinks we are complimenting him by voting him as the funniest person. :rofl:

I find it hard to vote for the funniest person as everyone here keeps me smiling (for I don't laugh out loud). However, I think that Njorl was most consistent with humor in his posts.

21. Oct 26, 2004 #20
    Indeed, this one had a high placing. :tongue: Sad was I she never returned. :frown:

Like ravenous John Crow (vulture) did we partake in that feast. :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?