Who Is This Little Nazi Wannabe? (Galliano)

Nismar, thanks for opening the thread. Gay Nazi haute couture has been my primary area of research for the past 15 minutes or so (and I hope not too much longer). I don't know if there was an official Reich Modedesignerin. But it seems that a Galliano-type person might be the prototypical candidate.

Perhaps I might contribute to the speculation regarding the motivation for Galliano's outburst.

Galliano looks sort of like a Jewish Willie Nelson (thanks to DA for the link). Which raises some interesting spitballing possibilities (not the least of which is an upcoming line of cheap corn/hemp based biocouture). It might be that he's the offspring of one of the Jewish women who were tasked with designing and sewing much of the Nazi Chic clothing of the period, but contemptuous of what he viewed to be his ancestry's too passive acquiescence to Nazi enslavement, he has closeted his Jewishness and instead identifies with their Nazi oppressors -- a la Ryan Gosling in The Believer. Such deep-seated emotional conflicts can surface in unpredictable, apparently spontaneous, violent outbursts.

Then again, maybe he's just a straight up nasty little gay Nazi guy with a penchant for designing unusual clothing, and the people he verbally lashed out at just caught him on a normal night (for a nasty little gay Nazi fashion designer).

Or maybe it was more like arildno speculated and Galliano is neither particularly nasty or Nazi (albeit apparently quite gay) and is actually a compassionate and extremely sensitive person, and he was dropping some irony on some people whose statements he perceived as being offensive.

The answers are out there. But I'm not going to look for them. It's not just that it's fun speculating about stuff that I know little or nothing about, or that I don't care in some broad as yet undefined sense, but that I don't want to know -- for I fear that once one is sucked, err, drawn into the world of gay Nazi haute couture (especially the stuff with the plastic armament replicas sticking out) then there might be no turning back.

Nismar, thanks for opening the thread. Gay Nazi haute couture has been my primary area of research for the past 15 minutes or so (and I hope not too much longer). I don't know if there was an official Reich Modedesignerin. But it seems that a Galliano-type person might be the prototypical candidate.

:rofl: Well, by forum-fashion standards, that seems to make you the resident expert, with Arildno hot on your heels.

Perhaps I might contribute to the speculation regarding the motivation for Galliano's outburst.

Galliano looks sort of like a Jewish Willie Nelson (thanks to DA for the link). Which raises some interesting spitballing possibilities (not the least of which is an upcoming line of cheap corn/hemp based biocouture). It might be that he's the offspring of one of the Jewish women who were tasked with designing and sewing much of the Nazi Chic clothing of the period, but contemptuous of what he viewed to be his ancestry's too passive acquiescence to Nazi enslavement, he has closeted his Jewishness and instead identifies with their Nazi oppressors -- a la Ryan Gosling in The Believer. Such deep-seated emotional conflicts can surface in unpredictable, apparently spontaneous, violent outbursts.

*taking notes*

Then again, maybe he's just a straight up nasty little gay Nazi guy with a penchant for designing unusual clothing, and the people he verbally lashed out at just caught him on a normal night (for a nasty little gay Nazi fashion designer).

Now that... sounds about right.

Or maybe it was more like arildno speculated and Galliano is neither particularly nasty or Nazi (albeit apparently quite gay) and is actually a compassionate and extremely sensitive person, and he was dropping some irony on some people whose statements he perceived as being offensive.

Also possible, but that makes hom a fool; those are not "retaliating" words, they're verbal suicide... and should be.

The answers are out there. But I'm not going to look for them. It's not just that it's fun speculating about stuff that I know little or nothing about, or that I don't care in some broad as yet undefined sense, but that I don't want to know -- for I fear that once one is sucked, err, drawn into the world of gay Nazi haute couture (especially the stuff with the plastic armament replicas sticking out) then there might be no turning back.

Certainly it took Germany a while to get over it, and while the club scene has lost all of the Nazi, it gained sooooo much leather. :biggrin:

DevilsAvocado
Gold Member
I want those 3 minutes back. :mad:

Ouch! :blushing: I FORGOT the warning! <-- A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME!! :yuck:

Are you sure that video wasn't something the Onion put together?

Huh? Onion?? Mek nöt speakka vhöry gööd... :redface: ...onion(s) = melons/balls...??? :uhh:

ps. My mom liked Hitler too. And I'm sure wouldn't have minded all the Jews being gassed. She also hated the Poles. They stole her land. She also hated America. We destroyed her country. This was the last thing she said to her 7 children at the last Christmas dinner before she passed away 18 years ago. We collectively looked around at each other, said nothing, but I'm sure were all thinking; "Yup, she's gone over the edge."

Holy pepperoni! A second generation NAZI!!! :surprised

Seriously, this 'stuff' is always much 'closer' than one might think... the father of the Queen Silvia of Sweden was a (Nazi) member of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NSDAP/AO" [Broken] and he owned a business that produced parts for German Panzers, as well as gas masks...

220px-S%C3%ADlvia_da_Su%C3%A9cia_%28meio_corpo%29.jpg

And while we’re at it; the 'proud' country of Sweden provided little Adolf with all the iron ore he needed... without this 'modest help' the WW2 would have ended long before 1945... :grumpy:

Last edited by a moderator:
lol @ the Willie Nelson comment. the funny thing is, hitler was an aspiring artist. and his rejection from art school must've left a burning resentment for him, especially if the school was being dominated by jewish people at the time. but digging more into the closeted jewishness and self-contempt, it is a little less well-known that adolf's heritage was a bit of a mystery even in his own day. enough that he had to send out a clean-up crew and construct the proper narrative. rumors were that his grandfather was a frankenburger or rothschild that knocked up a barmaid employee. and to top it all off, recent DNA evidence showed that he indeed had some jewish heritage.

DevilsAvocado
Gold Member
The answers are out there. But I'm not going to look for them.

Good decision. All this is probably as pathetic as the man himself. Facts: He is a gay Roman Catholic born in Gibraltar with Jewish ancestry who grew up in London.

This little downhill sissy is addicted for attention and when doesn’t get it – he steals it.

PS: Isn’t PF extremely s l o o o w today...??

DevilsAvocado
Gold Member
... recent DNA evidence showed that he indeed had some jewish heritage.

It’s a crazy world.

Don’t forget to mention his 'loving' father Alois Hitler, who was a heavy drinker that almost beat their dog to death every evening after work, before he went out for more booze and 'neue damen'. Alois Hitler was described as "hard, unsympathetic, and short-tempered"...

[PLAIN]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ea/Alois_Hitler_last_years.jpg [Broken]
Roots of nutcase No. 1

Is there something wrong with me...?? :uhh: I can’t help it... but I laugh every time I see this picture, and I could swear this guy was a member of Monty Python... (if I didn’t knew better)

[URL]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/39/Bundesarchiv_Bild_102-10460%2C_Adolf_Hitler%2C_Rednerposen.jpg/500px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_102-10460%2C_Adolf_Hitler%2C_Rednerposen.jpg[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
John Cleese did it bettter. :wink:

Seriously, in this connected world there is no place for bigotry; this is abusrd, and as so it's funny, but it's also pathetic.

Oh, and yes, there must be a clog somewhere in the "series of tubes".

Ah! Thanks man!

Phew!!!

:biggrin:

Yeah, it's very important to make sure that people know it's satire when language can be an issue. :smile:

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Holy pepperoni! A second generation NAZI!!!

Nah, Om's OK. It skips a generation :biggrin:.

If some truly malevolent comment like that was fired at Galliano, I sort of can understand if he went totally berserk verbally.

Yes. Such a reaction can be understood if he was attacked. Its the right of any man to respond violently at violence.

My response had, hopefully, been physical, rather than verbal, against somebody truly deserving to get a fist into his or her face.

Yeah, and then the little Arildno would have been considered a psychopath by the well meaning, but woefully de-testosteronized society :P But in my eyes you scored now, not that this have any relevance whatsoever for any of us.

But I do agree with you. IMO, a punch in someone's face more often than not solves more problems than it creates. At the very least, they'll think more carefully before going on another verbal assault against you. In practice, they'll keep their sorry mouth shut :P

Last edited:
Yes. Such a reaction can be understood if he was attacked. Its the right of any man to respond violently at violence.

Yeah, and then the little Arildno would have been considered a psychopath by the well meaning, but woefully de-testosteronized society :P But in my eyes you scored now, not that this have any relevance whatsoever for any of us.

But I do agree with you. IMO, a punch in someone's face more often than not solves more problems than it creates. At the very least, they'll think more carefully before going on another verbal assault against you. In practice, they'll keep their sorry mouth shut :P

Oh... not a psychopath... he's just pathetic. A psychopath would be enraged, and probably do more than punch if so moved to extrema... they don't declare a love of Hitler.

I think being fired and humiliated... and made essentially un-hireable... should do nicely.