Who is your alter ego?

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Taken as meaning the opposite or unfulfilled side of your personality.

I have an under-used and failed artistic side. I would love to write novels and paint, if I could write or paint. I was a bit of a natural on the piano but I seem to have no talent for music composition, which is what I would like to do. I do think I might have done well as a gourmet chef as I love to cook. I was also a natural as a teacher. I have tutored quite a bit and really liked it. My students loved me and they did well, but I don't think I had or have the patience to be a full time teacher.

Answers and Replies

Danger
Gold Member
Ivan Seeking said:

I have an under-used and failed artistic side. I would love to write novels and paint, if I could write or paint. I was a bit of a natural on the piano but I seem to have no talent for music composition, which is what I would like to do. I do think I might have done well as a gourmet chef as I love to cook. I was also a natural as a teacher. I have tutored quite a bit and really liked it. My students loved me and they did well, but I don't think I had or have the patience to be a full time teacher.
It's pretty obvious from that post that you're a total failure. Suicide is the only answer. (Tsu has my number, right?)

matthyaouw
Gold Member
My alter ego is a serial womaniser.

Danger said:
It's pretty obvious from that post that you're a total failure. Suicide is the only answer. (Tsu has my number, right?)
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I think this IS my alter ego. i.e. just hanging around in a random physics forum. :rolleyes:

heh! my alter egos name is vout... very crazy and rambles a lot

Wealthy philanthropist.

I always wished I had enough money to do some serious good in the world. As it is, I do what I can in my own little corner.

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Ivan Seeking said:

Novelist/writer, painter, musician/composer, gourmet chef, teacher.

Your alter-ego has multiple personality disorder? Does Tsu know about this? :biggrin:

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Ivan Seeking said:

Hmm, depends on which personality I'm using for the day. :biggrin:

My alter ego wants to be a flaky bimbo who hits all the parties and wakes up next to hot guys whose names she doesn't know the next morning. :rofl:

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Astronuc said:
Novelist/writer, painter, musician/composer, gourmet chef, teacher.

Your alter-ego has multiple personality disorder? Does Tsu know about this? :biggrin:
Yes, but she eats my Chicken Kiev and Baked Alaska anyway; while I play The Summer Of '42 or Funeral For a Friend [if we knew the chicken] on the piano. :biggrin:

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Moonbear said:
My alter ego wants to be a flaky bimbo who hits all the parties and wakes up next to hot guys whose names she doesn't know the next morning. :rofl:
You biologists are all alike; sex, sex, sex. :tongue2:

I took a class from the guy considered to be Oregon's foremost expert on wildflowers. When he walks outside on a spring day, he "sees sex going on all around him". I think it got him a little worked up at times! :biggrin:

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Oh yes, Astronuc, are you a musician?

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Ivan Seeking said:
You biologists are all alike; sex, sex, sex. :tongue2:

I took a class from the guy considered to be Oregon's foremost expert on wildflowers. When he walks outside on a spring day, he "sees sex going on all around him". I think it got him a little worked up at times! :biggrin:
Yeah, well, you know what sluts those birds and bees are. EVERYONE talks about them and even warns their kids about them. :biggrin:

Casanova, obviously.

I'm Batman.

Well, someone had to say it.

Oooh music! I'd be a flautist in my alter ego.

Danger
Gold Member
Moonbear said:
Are you deliberately ignoring the word alter, or does it need to be explained again? :tongue:

SOS2008
Gold Member
Moonbear said:
So I guess my alter ego would be an intelligent, mature college professor who is respected by all. :rofl:

Danger
Gold Member
SOS2008 said:
So I guess my alter ego would be an intelligent, mature college professor who is respected by all. :rofl:
I think that you need a couple more of those little blue rollers after a statement like that.

I would of liked to be someone like Chrissie Hynde, except of course that I could play guitar better then her. My voice has always been to sweet sounding for hard rock.

Danger
Gold Member
hypatia said:
My voice has always been to sweet sounding for hard rock.
Slugging a couple of shots of Kentucky Tavern first oughtta take care of that.

My alter ego?

Hmmm... I paint, I'm a musician, I tutor, I write poetry...hmmm...

I wish I could cook and pick up languages easily.

My sister has all the luck of getting the good qualities of the family.

Sting said:
My alter ego?

Hmmm... I paint, I'm a musician, I tutor, I write poetry...hmmm...

I wish I could cook and pick up languages easily.

My sister has all the luck of getting the good qualities of the family.
Yeah. Painter, musician, teacher, and poet are just so over rated aren't they? ;-p

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
My alter ego must be a Fransiscan nun. I have indulged way too much in earthly pleasures.

SOS2008
Gold Member
Math Is Hard said:
My alter ego must be a Fransiscan nun. I have indulged way too much in earthly pleasures.
There are some things you can't have too much of. :biggrin: :uhh:

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
SOS2008 said:
There are some things you can't have too much of. :biggrin: :uhh:
hmmm...men, chocolate, days at the beach, conversation with good friends.. all these things are wonderful.
IIRC, St. Francis used to sprinkle bitter powders on his all his food so he would not enjoy it. Too tough of a path for me to follow. I suppose I am a wanton. :smile: