Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Who is your alter ego?

1. Apr 25, 2005 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Taken as meaning the opposite or unfulfilled side of your personality.

I have an under-used and failed artistic side. I would love to write novels and paint, if I could write or paint. I was a bit of a natural on the piano but I seem to have no talent for music composition, which is what I would like to do. I do think I might have done well as a gourmet chef as I love to cook. I was also a natural as a teacher. I have tutored quite a bit and really liked it. My students loved me and they did well, but I don't think I had or have the patience to be a full time teacher.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 25, 2005 #2

Danger

Gold Member

It's pretty obvious from that post that you're a total failure. Suicide is the only answer. (Tsu has my number, right?)

4. Apr 25, 2005 #3

matthyaouw

Gold Member

My alter ego is a serial womaniser.

5. Apr 25, 2005 #4
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I think this IS my alter ego. i.e. just hanging around in a random physics forum. :rolleyes:

6. Apr 25, 2005 #5
    heh! my alter egos name is vout... very crazy and rambles a lot

7. Apr 25, 2005 #6
    Wealthy philanthropist.

I always wished I had enough money to do some serious good in the world. As it is, I do what I can in my own little corner.

8. Apr 25, 2005 #7

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Novelist/writer, painter, musician/composer, gourmet chef, teacher.

Your alter-ego has multiple personality disorder? Does Tsu know about this? :biggrin:

9. Apr 25, 2005 #8

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hmm, depends on which personality I'm using for the day. :biggrin:

My alter ego wants to be a flaky bimbo who hits all the parties and wakes up next to hot guys whose names she doesn't know the next morning. :rofl:

10. Apr 25, 2005 #9

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yes, but she eats my Chicken Kiev and Baked Alaska anyway; while I play The Summer Of '42 or Funeral For a Friend [if we knew the chicken] on the piano. :biggrin:

11. Apr 25, 2005 #10

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You biologists are all alike; sex, sex, sex. :tongue2:

I took a class from the guy considered to be Oregon's foremost expert on wildflowers. When he walks outside on a spring day, he "sees sex going on all around him". I think it got him a little worked up at times! :biggrin:

12. Apr 25, 2005 #11

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh yes, Astronuc, are you a musician?

13. Apr 25, 2005 #12

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yeah, well, you know what sluts those birds and bees are. EVERYONE talks about them and even warns their kids about them. :biggrin:

14. Apr 25, 2005 #13
    Casanova, obviously.

15. Apr 25, 2005 #14
    I'm Batman.

Well, someone had to say it.

16. Apr 25, 2005 #15
    Oooh music! I'd be a flautist in my alter ego.

17. Apr 25, 2005 #16

Danger

Gold Member

Are you deliberately ignoring the word alter, or does it need to be explained again? :tongue:

18. Apr 25, 2005 #17

SOS2008

Gold Member

So I guess my alter ego would be an intelligent, mature college professor who is respected by all. :rofl:

19. Apr 25, 2005 #18

Danger

Gold Member

I think that you need a couple more of those little blue rollers after a statement like that.

20. Apr 25, 2005 #19
    I would of liked to be someone like Chrissie Hynde, except of course that I could play guitar better then her. My voice has always been to sweet sounding for hard rock.

21. Apr 25, 2005 #20

Danger

Gold Member

Slugging a couple of shots of Kentucky Tavern first oughtta take care of that.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?