Why is the 3D view in Doom 3 making me feel sick?

• Thread starter Saint
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Half-life
In summary: It was just terrible. I don't know how they managed to make it so laggy. Give over on the bloody Halo2 thing will yah :biggrin:
Saint
is it as interesting as Doom 3?

actually, playing games is fun, but too time-consuming

Computer science news on Phys.org
Better... More Interactive, with far better graphics and Story Line... The graphics although better IMHO do not need to have an Ultra Ubber System to play well, and without video Lag

Last edited:
i also have Warcraft III and Age of Empire/Mythology,
but i seldom play,
when i play, io play with cheat code

Anttech said:
Better... More Interactive, with far better graphics and Story Line... The graphics although better IMHO do not need to have an Ultra Ubber System to play well, and without video Lag

I'm not going to argue the interactive or storyline part...especially not the storyline part! (HL2 has that, ahnds down). But while HL2 has the most awesome water ever seen, and characters have soft shadows, that's about all it has on Doom 3, graphically. Doom 3 has features that are well beyond any other game out there--most significantly, the unified lighting. Doom 3 also has better artists...there is not a graphical defect in that entire game that I have noticed. The lighting (shadows, normal-mapping, specularity, per-pixel lighting) is just superb.

how about final fantacy ?

Dissident Dan said:
I'm not going to argue the interactive or storyline part...especially not the storyline part! (HL2 has that, ahnds down). But while HL2 has the most awesome water ever seen, and characters have soft shadows, that's about all it has on Doom 3, graphically. Doom 3 has features that are well beyond any other game out there--most significantly, the unified lighting. Doom 3 also has better artists...there is not a graphical defect in that entire game that I have noticed. The lighting (shadows, normal-mapping, specularity, per-pixel lighting) is just superb.

Doom3's graphics are great, but to me HL2 looked better, Probably becuase I couldn't play Doom3 on a higher resolution etc because it was very laggy... HL2 I could play at the highest resolution and effects

Last edited:
Saint said:
how about final fantacy ?

What are you doing playing finaly fantasy, those games easily suck in 100 hours each, all that time you cald have been making money!

Actually, i only recently discovered the final fantasy series a few months ago. I've played I, VI, VII, and X. They're all great.

HL 2 is great, but i haven't seen DOOM3, but all that I've heard suggests that HL 2 is the better game. And HL 2 would be hard to match in my mind, just for the sheer terror of some of the moments.

Although I am a huge fan of halo 2, half life 2 is much better than doom 3... doom 3 was a bit of a let down for the gamer world... it had too high of exspectations.

I need a better video card before I would be able to play. And even then, I would need a lot of time. It took me forever to beat the first one. It really is amazing how good graphics are getting so quickly, just look two decades ago, when Pong was an arcade game.

Saint said:
is it as interesting as Doom 3?

actually, playing games is fun, but too time-consuming
Doom 3 is horrible. I got bored after 20 minutes. Half Life 2 is incredibly interactive.

Gaming is an everyday activity for me :biggrin:

Hl2 has amazing gameplay and world physics. The graphics, although great, don't seem to reach the high standard set by Doom3 and FarCry. Also the opponent AI is quite low.
Besides that it is very addictive and very fun to play.

Doom3 is very different in gameplay and if you don't play with graphics options set to high you'll probably don't like it or get bored of it.

I use cheat code "give all" to get all weapons,
and kill all monster.

hah!

You should use the cheat code... "sell on ebay" and save up money to buy xbox and halo 2 with xbox live.

i am in malaysia,
the games i bought is pirate one,
just 12 ringgit for Doom 3, which is alomost 3 US dollars.

hahahahahaha

Saint said:
i am in malaysia,
the games i bought is pirate one,
just 12 ringgit for Doom 3, which is alomost 3 US dollars.

hahahahahaha

Isn't stealing immoral Saint?

You know, for being so self-righteous, you're no gem of virtue.

You should use the cheat code... "sell on ebay" and save up money to buy xbox and halo 2 with xbox live.

LMAO Tom your crack me up! Give over on the bloody Halo2 thing will yah :biggrin:

Joking of course :tongue2:

franznietzsche said:
Yeah really Halo 2 isn't that great. After all they had to do this to make it:

http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/?t=archives&date=2004-11-06

The horror! The horror!

HAhahaha
I would hate to be around when they made doom 3, it would have smelled horrible when they grinded in the ****.

Half-life 2 is the closest I've ever been to be a living participant in a freaky movie, truly stunning graphics, sometimes I just walk around checking things out, a bit expensive but if you love games it's like you could rent 17 movies for 35 hours of passive entertainment or one good 30 to 50 dollar game for 100+ hours of active entertainment, still a lot of sitting around either way.

I love halo

I just like halo, its graphics are maxed to the box... I mean who else likes a game so much to sneak playdo in the middle of math class and make this.

Its a map of blood gultch... created by yours none other than myself. :rofl:

Attachments

• blood.jpg
    blood.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 363
I love ctrl+alt+del :)

the 3D view made me dizzy every time i played it,
why?
Warcraft is ok, game like doom3 makes me feel nausea.

1. Why does the 3D view in Doom 3 make me feel sick?

The 3D view in Doom 3 can make some people feel sick because it uses intense graphics and fast-paced movements, which can cause motion sickness or eye strain. Additionally, the use of strobe lights and dark environments can also contribute to the feeling of nausea.

2. Is there a specific reason why the 3D view in Doom 3 affects some people more than others?

Yes, there are individual factors that can contribute to the level of discomfort experienced with the 3D view in Doom 3. These can include sensitivity to motion, susceptibility to motion sickness, and overall physical health.

3. How can I prevent feeling sick when playing Doom 3 in 3D?

There are several steps you can take to prevent feeling sick while playing Doom 3 in 3D. These include taking breaks frequently, adjusting the display settings to reduce motion blur and strobe effects, and sitting further away from the screen to reduce eye strain. You can also try playing in a well-lit room and avoiding playing for extended periods of time.

4. Is there a scientific explanation for why the 3D view in Doom 3 can cause motion sickness?

Yes, there is a scientific explanation for why the 3D view in Doom 3 can cause motion sickness. The fast-paced movements, strobe lights, and dark environments can create a sensory conflict between what you see and what your body feels. This conflict can lead to symptoms of motion sickness, such as nausea, dizziness, and headaches.

5. Are there any long-term effects of playing Doom 3 in 3D?

There is no solid evidence to suggest that playing Doom 3 in 3D has any long-term effects. However, if you experience severe motion sickness or discomfort while playing, it is best to take breaks and limit your time playing in 3D to avoid any potential long-term effects.