Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Who plays Half-life 2 ?

1. Dec 8, 2004 #1
    is it as interesting as Doom 3?

actually, playing games is fun, but too time-consuming
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 8, 2004 #2
    Better... More Interactive, with far better graphics and Story Line.... The graphics although better IMHO do not need to have an Ultra Ubber System to play well, and without video Lag
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2004
  4. Dec 8, 2004 #3
    i also have Warcraft III and Age of Empire/Mythology,
    but i seldom play,
    when i play, io play with cheat code
  5. Dec 9, 2004 #4
    I'm not going to argue the interactive or storyline part...especially not the storyline part! (HL2 has that, ahnds down). But while HL2 has the most awesome water ever seen, and characters have soft shadows, that's about all it has on Doom 3, graphically. Doom 3 has features that are well beyond any other game out there--most significantly, the unified lighting. Doom 3 also has better artists...there is not a graphical defect in that entire game that I have noticed. The lighting (shadows, normal-mapping, specularity, per-pixel lighting) is just superb.
  6. Dec 9, 2004 #5
    how about final fantacy ?
  7. Dec 9, 2004 #6
    Doom3's graphics are great, but to me HL2 looked better, Probably becuase I couldnt play Doom3 on a higher resolution etc because it was very laggy... HL2 I could play at the highest resolution and effects
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2004
  8. Dec 9, 2004 #7
    What are you doing playing finaly fantasy, those games easily suck in 100 hours each, all that time you cald have been making money!

Actually, i only recently discovered the final fantasy series a few months ago. I've played I, VI, VII, and X. They're all great.

HL 2 is great, but i haven't seen DOOM3, but all that I've heard suggests that HL 2 is the better game. And HL 2 would be hard to match in my mind, just for the sheer terror of some of the moments.
  9. Dec 9, 2004 #8
    Although I am a huge fan of halo 2, half life 2 is much better than doom 3... doom 3 was a bit of a let down for the gamer world... it had too high of exspectations.
  10. Dec 9, 2004 #9
    I need a better video card before I would be able to play. And even then, I would need alot of time. It took me forever to beat the first one. It really is amazing how good graphics are getting so quickly, just look two decades ago, when Pong was an arcade game.
  11. Dec 9, 2004 #10
    Doom 3 is horrible. I got bored after 20 minutes. Half Life 2 is incredibly interactive.
  12. Dec 9, 2004 #11
    Gaming is an everyday activity for me :biggrin:

Hl2 has amazing gameplay and world physics. The graphics, although great, don't seem to reach the high standard set by Doom3 and FarCry. Also the opponent AI is quite low.
    Besides that it is very addictive and very fun to play.

Doom3 is very different in gameplay and if you dont play with graphics options set to high you'll probably dont like it or get bored of it.
  13. Dec 9, 2004 #12
    I use cheat code "give all" to get all weapons,
    and kill all monster.

14. Dec 9, 2004 #13
    You should use the cheat code... "sell on ebay" and save up money to buy xbox and halo 2 with xbox live.
  15. Dec 9, 2004 #14
    i am in malaysia,
    the games i bought is pirate one,
    just 12 ringgit for Doom 3, which is alomost 3 US dollars.

16. Dec 10, 2004 #15

Isn't stealing immoral Saint?

You know, for being so self-righteous, you're no gem of virtue.
  17. Dec 10, 2004 #16
    LMAO Tom your crack me up!! Give over on the bloody Halo2 thing will yah :biggrin:

Joking of course :tongue2:
  18. Dec 10, 2004 #17
  19. Dec 11, 2004 #18
    I would hate to be around when they made doom 3, it would have smelled horrible when they grinded in the ****.
  20. Dec 11, 2004 #19
    Half-life 2 is the closest I've ever been to be a living participant in a freaky movie, truly stunning graphics, sometimes I just walk around checking things out, a bit expensive but if you love games it's like you could rent 17 movies for 35 hours of passive entertainment or one good 30 to 50 dollar game for 100+ hours of active entertainment, still a lot of sitting around either way.
  21. Dec 11, 2004 #20
    I love halo

I just like halo, its graphics are maxed to the box... I mean who else likes a game so much to sneak playdo in the middle of math class and make this.

Its a map of blood gultch... created by yours none other than myself. :rofl:

Attached Files:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?