Who wants to help me with my MySpace?

• Thread starter quantumdude
  • Start date
In summary: Hehehe, if you mean the models, i know a couple of them like 5. The rest just start adding you because they are friends of friends and whatnot...
quantumdude
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
There are computer geniuses, and there are computer illiterates. Then there's me: a dribbling computer imbecile.

I've just started a MySpace account, and I was wondering if you technically savvy people wanted to help me. Here's the URL:

http://www.myspace.com/quantumdude

I want to make it look cool, but let's start slow. See that guy "Tom" under my friends? I have no idea of who that guy is. He was there when I started the account, probably because my original display name was "Tom". Perhaps the MySpace people thought I would be lonely, so they set me up on a playdate with someone with the same name to ease the transition. Whatever. I don't want him there.

So here is job #1: How do I bounce this freeloader off my friends list?

Last edited by a moderator:
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Oh, that guy Tom is the person who started the site, or is the tech support, or something like that. Now I have to remember how I ditched him. :biggrin: I'm a spaz at using stuff there too, so have been ignoring it after setting up a profile and then staring at it saying, "Okay, now what?" :rolleyes:

Edit: Just added you as a friend...I think you have to approve that or something.

Edit 2: Okay, go to your homepage, down to "Friend Space" and choose "View: all" Once in that, choose "Edit" and then you can check people to delete.

Last edited:
OK he's out, and you're in. :approve:

I don't have a myspace. Sorry, I am lame!

Tom Mattson said:
OK he's out, and you're in. :approve:

Cool! I've got a new friend! :biggrin:

Cyrus said:
I don't have a myspace. Sorry, I am lame!

Aw, that's okay Cyrus. We already knew you're lame. :biggrin: But, seriously, I don't really know what to do with it now that I have it other than collect friends who never contact me through that site anyway?

I looked up an old friend just to see if she was on the site. Found her, but couldn't access her (page?). Apparently, even if I joined I wouldn't be able to access her page unless I was on her 'list'. Since we're no longer on speaking terms, that ain't likely to happen.
Tom, if I can be your friend, I just might start a page of my own.

edit: Moonbear, I missed your post while composing my own. I definitely want to be your friend. :tongue2:

Last edited:
Moonbear said:
Cool! I've got a new friend! :biggrin:

Aw, that's okay Cyrus. We already knew you're lame. :biggrin: But, seriously, I don't really know what to do with it now that I have it other than collect friends who never contact me through that site anyway?

Face book is a much better way of keeping in touch with friends. MIH and I are friends on facebook. So is Jason, and cyclo. A lot of professors have accounts as well.

Danger said:
I looked up an old friend just to see if she was on the site. Found her, but couldn't access her (page?). Apparently, even it I joined I wouldn't be able to access her page unless I was on her 'list'. Since we're no longer on speaking terms, that ain't likely to happen.
I looked up an old flame on FaceBook but instead found her neice by the same name. Her niece had a complicated birth while my flame was breaking up with me so, though I've never met her, she's well-known to me. Anyway, I nudged her but now she wants to know if we know each other.

How the heck does one avoid being a dirty old man stalking a 21yo girl?

Well, except for simply walking away...

DaveC426913 said:
How the heck does one avoid being a dirty old man stalking a 21yo girl?

Why would you want to? That was my primary hobby before health issues got in the way.

Danger said:
Why would you want to?
Want to what?

Stalk? Or avoid it?

Danger said:
before health issues got in the way.
Is that your pet name for your wife?

(Or is that simply what she threatened you with...)

Last edited:
I am on myspace, too. http://www.myspace.com/carlosjusto"

DaveC426913 said:
Want to what?

Stalk? Or avoid it?

The latter, of course. :biggrin:

DaveC426913 said:
Is that your pet name for your wife?

Now it is...

edit: Cyclo, you little devil. I just checked your link. There are a lot of your friends that I wouldn't mind knowing. Didn't see Jess, though, or is that her gorgeous ass on the bicycle?

Last edited:
Danger said:
edit: Cyclo, you little devil. I just checked your link. There are a lot of your friends that I wouldn't mind knowing. Didn't see Jess, though, or is that her gorgeous ass on the bicycle?

Hehehe, if you mean the models, i know a couple of them like 5. The rest just start adding you because they are friends of friends and whatnot :cool:

Looks like you've been helped. I've had my myspace for over a year and still haven't added a layout (the background pic thingy). Power to you if get one working. I've heard there's a lot of good editors. Just do some Googling.

Useless fact: my right eye is twitching and its starting to bug the hell outta me!

Tom, you should get a facebook account instead. Lots of PF members are on there. I'm even friends with Greg. Facebook is much easier to work with. Theres no need to worry about layout and all that crap.

I sent you a friend request.

I may get a facebook eventually. How much better is it?

binzing said:

The best thing about Facebook is poking Cyrus. :approve:

Math Is Hard said:

Or poking yourself. Love that feature :biggrin:

Math Is Hard said:

Check your facebook :devil:

binzing said:

Much better.

I agree i prefer Facebook over myspace! :approve:

Dude, is every girl in the DR a super model? My goodness.

Cyrus said:

Haha. I've asked that many times.

Cyrus said:

LOL, not all of them are in the DR, some of them i met while i was in LA, CA. Althought, i definitely cannot complain about the lovely ladies we have here (models or not) hehe :redface:

Try this code for a layout

Code:
<a href="[PLAIN][PLAIN][URL]http://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vbXlzcGFjZS5udWNsZWFyY2VudHVyeS5jb20="[/URL][/URL] style="position:absolute; top:0px; left:0px; height:120px; width:200px; background-image:url(); background-repeat:no-repeat; z-index:9;"></a><a href="[PLAIN][PLAIN][URL]http://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vbXlzcGFjZS5udWNsZWFyY2VudHVyeS5jb20="[/URL][/URL] style="position:absolute; top:0px; left:50%; margin-left:180px; z-index:9; width:80px; height:15px; background-image:url('[PLAIN]http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/5223/pia03048mh4.jpg');"></a>[/PLAIN] 
<style type="text/css">
body {
background-color:black;
  background-image:url('[URL]http://gnome-look.org/CONTENT/content-files/61428-waterfire.jpg');[/URL]
  background-position:center center;
  background-repeat:no-repeat;
  background-attachment:fixed;
}
table, tr, td {background:transparent; border:0px;}
table table table {background:transparent;}
table table table td {
  background-color:black;
  filter:alpha(opacity=30); ..-opacity:0.7; opacity:0.7; -khtml-opacity:0.5; 
}
table table table table td {filter:none;}
table table table {
  border-width:2px;
  border-color:000000;
  border-style:solid;
}
table table table table {border:0px;}
input {background-color:transparent !important;}
td, span, div, input, a, table td div div font,
body div table tbody tr td font {font-family:Verdana !important;}
td, span, div, input, table td div div font,
body div table tbody tr td font {color:000000 !important;}
.nametext, .whitetext12, .lightbluetext8, .orangetext15, .blacktext12,
.redtext, .redbtext, .blacktext10, .btext {color:000000 !important;}
a {color:000000 !important; text-decoration:none !important; text-transform:none !important; font-weight:normal !important; font-style:normal !important;}
a:hover {color:000000 !important; text-decoration:none !important; text-transform:none !important; font-weight:normal !important; font-style:normal !important;}
img {border:0px;}
</style>
<a href="[PLAIN][PLAIN][URL]http://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vbXlzcGFjZS5udWNsZWFyY2VudHVyeS5jb20="[/URL][/URL] style="position:absolute; top:0px; left:0px; height:120px; width:200px; background-image:url(); background-repeat:no-repeat; z-index:9;"></a><a href="[PLAIN][PLAIN][URL]http://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vbXlzcGFjZS5udWNsZWFyY2VudHVyeS5jb20="[/URL][/URL] style="position:absolute; top:0px; left:50%; margin-left:-235px; z-index:9; width:80px; height:15px; background-image:url('[PLAIN]http://myspace.nuclearcentury.com/images/banners/banner8813.gif');"></a><br>
[/PLAIN]

I have both a myspace and a facebook account. I'm not excited enough about either to put any effort into the pages (I think I've been on my facebook page twice in 4 months...) but it is a good way to share pics and keep in touch.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=60382378

Woo-Hoo, 6 friends and counting!

OK, the next thing my new page needs is music. How do you get a playlist up there? Do you have to upload the songs yourself, or are they online somewhere?

ranger said:
Tom, you should get a facebook account instead.

Mebbe I will!

vincentm said:
Try this code for a layout

What does it do?

Moonbear said:
Oh, that guy Tom is the person who started the site, or is the tech support, or something like that. Now I have to remember how I ditched him. :biggrin: I'm a spaz at using stuff there too, so have been ignoring it after setting up a profile and then staring at it saying, "Okay, now what?" :rolleyes:

Edit: Just added you as a friend...I think you have to approve that or something.

Edit 2: Okay, go to your homepage, down to "Friend Space" and choose "View: all" Once in that, choose "Edit" and then you can check people to delete.

MB: Send me a friend request. (I'm one of Tom's friends now). I couldn't get past your security to add you as a friend. Was sent away like common riff-raff. :frown:

Tom Mattson said:
What does it do?

Do http://www.myspace.com/bound_gagged

I rarely visit myspace nowadays, i find it extremely boring now.

Math Is Hard said:
MB: Send me a friend request. (I'm one of Tom's friends now). I couldn't get past your security to add you as a friend. Was sent away like common riff-raff. :frown:

Really? I don't know what I have set. Maybe that's why nobody wants to be my friend there. :cry: I'll have to figure out how to allow people to request to be my friend.

Google's parents leave town, so she throws a party:
(FYI - there's a little bit of potty language in here)

Hilarious characterizations of Facebook and MySpace among others.

LOL!

Tom! Myspace is very much a thing of the past. facebook is where it is at.

_Mayday_ said:
LOL!

Tom! Myspace is very much a thing of the past. facebook is where it is at.

Don't you need to use a .edu address to use facebook? That would be my work email, and I'm not tying it to any online account (I get enough spam from people who have picked up my email off professional organization lists, I don't need any more). Besides, I don't like getting work emails and friend emails all tangled up on one account (mostly because I HATE my work email, and like to avoid using it when I'm not actually at work).