Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Who wants to help me with my MySpace?

1. Feb 18, 2008 #1

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

There are computer geniuses, and there are computer illiterates. Then there's me: a dribbling computer imbecile.

I've just started a MySpace account, and I was wondering if you technically savvy people wanted to help me. Here's the URL:

http://www.myspace.com/quantumdude

I want to make it look cool, but let's start slow. See that guy "Tom" under my friends? I have no idea of who that guy is. He was there when I started the account, probably because my original display name was "Tom". Perhaps the MySpace people thought I would be lonely, so they set me up on a playdate with someone with the same name to ease the transition. Whatever. I don't want him there.

So here is job #1: How do I bounce this freeloader off my friends list?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 18, 2008 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh, that guy Tom is the person who started the site, or is the tech support, or something like that. Now I have to remember how I ditched him. :biggrin: I'm a spaz at using stuff there too, so have been ignoring it after setting up a profile and then staring at it saying, "Okay, now what?" :rolleyes:

Edit: Just added you as a friend...I think you have to approve that or something.

Edit 2: Okay, go to your homepage, down to "Friend Space" and choose "View: all" Once in that, choose "Edit" and then you can check people to delete.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
  4. Feb 18, 2008 #3

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

OK he's out, and you're in. :approve:

5. Feb 18, 2008 #4
    I dont have a myspace. Sorry, im lame!

6. Feb 18, 2008 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Cool! I've got a new friend! :biggrin:

Aw, that's okay Cyrus. We already knew you're lame. :biggrin: But, seriously, I don't really know what to do with it now that I have it other than collect friends who never contact me through that site anyway?

7. Feb 18, 2008 #6

Danger

Gold Member

I looked up an old friend just to see if she was on the site. Found her, but couldn't access her (page?). Apparently, even if I joined I wouldn't be able to access her page unless I was on her 'list'. Since we're no longer on speaking terms, that ain't likely to happen.
    Tom, if I can be your friend, I just might start a page of my own.

edit: Moonbear, I missed your post while composing my own. I definitely want to be your friend. :tongue2:

8. Feb 18, 2008 #7
    Face book is a much better way of keeping in touch with friends. MIH and I are friends on facebook. So is Jason, and cyclo. A lot of professors have accounts as well.

9. Feb 18, 2008 #8

DaveC426913

Gold Member

I looked up an old flame on FaceBook but instead found her neice by the same name. Her niece had a complicated birth while my flame was breaking up with me so, though I've never met her, she's well-known to me. Anyway, I nudged her but now she wants to know if we know each other.

How the heck does one avoid being a dirty old man stalking a 21yo girl?

Well, except for simply walking away...

10. Feb 18, 2008 #9

Danger

Gold Member

Why would you want to? That was my primary hobby before health issues got in the way.

11. Feb 18, 2008 #10

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Want to what?

Stalk? Or avoid it?

Is that your pet name for your wife?

(Or is that simply what she threatened you with...)

12. Feb 18, 2008 #11

Pyrrhus

Homework Helper

13. Feb 18, 2008 #12

Danger

Gold Member

The latter, of course. :biggrin:

Now it is...

edit: Cyclo, you little devil. I just checked your link. There are a lot of your friends that I wouldn't mind knowing. Didn't see Jess, though, or is that her gorgeous ass on the bicycle?

14. Feb 18, 2008 #13

Pyrrhus

Homework Helper

Hehehe, if you mean the models, i know a couple of them like 5. The rest just start adding you because they are friends of friends and whatnot :cool:

15. Feb 18, 2008 #14
    Looks like you've been helped. I've had my myspace for over a year and still haven't added a layout (the background pic thingy). Power to you if get one working. I've heard there's a lot of good editors. Just do some Googling.

Useless fact: my right eye is twitching and its starting to bug the hell outta me!

16. Feb 18, 2008 #15

ranger

Gold Member

Tom, you should get a facebook account instead. Lots of PF members are on there. I'm even friends with Greg. Facebook is much easier to work with. Theres no need to worry about layout and all that crap.

17. Feb 18, 2008 #16

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I sent you a friend request.

18. Feb 18, 2008 #17
    I may get a facebook eventually. How much better is it?

19. Feb 18, 2008 #18

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The best thing about Facebook is poking Cyrus. :approve:

20. Feb 18, 2008 #19

ranger

Gold Member

Or poking yourself. Love that feature :biggrin:

21. Feb 18, 2008 #20
    Check your facebook :devil:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?