Who watches NASCAR?

• Thread starter Pre-AlgebraDude
  • Start date
In summary: I mean, I like to drive fast.In summary, NASCAR is a popular motorsports event that many people enjoy watching. NASCAR drivers include Kurt Busch, Tony Stewart, and Jeff Gordon. Dodge and Ford are both okay, but Elliot Sadler is my favorite because he's so darn cute. I hate Chevy because their cars are so ugly, and Jeff Gordon is a yankee.
Pre-AlgebraDude
Who watches NASCAR? I love it. Who's your driver, if you do watch it? Mine's Kurt Busch. I HATE CHEVY. Dodge is okay, but Ford is the best. I cannot stand Jeff Gordon. He's a freakin' yankee.

So?

Physics news on Phys.org
Ok I confess, I go to 4 races a year, and watch nearly every other race on TV. I've been a race fan sense 1975. It use to be a whole lot better, but I got hooked and love the excitment of being there.
My favorit for the past 3 years has been Sadler, partly because I love M&M's. That cars just too darn cute! I'm glad he's decided not to wreck so many times, hard to watch him flip like that.lol
I was born a few blocks away from the birthplace of Henry Ford, so I'm always going to be a Ford fan too.

hypatia said:
Ok I confess, I go to 4 races a year, and watch nearly every other race on TV. I've been a race fan sense 1975. It use to be a whole lot better, but I got hooked and love the excitment of being there.
My favorit for the past 3 years has been Sadler, partly because I love M&M's. That cars just too darn cute! I'm glad he's decided not to wreck so many times, hard to watch him flip like that.lol
I was born a few blocks away from the birthplace of Henry Ford, so I'm always going to be a Ford fan too.

I'm pretty sure you're referring to Elliot Sadler since he's the m&m dude, and he wrecks everytime he goes to Talladega. I don't remember, but I'm pretty sure he got in the middle of the 25 car pile up last week, correct me if I'm wrong.

Tony Stewart had a close call at Talladega as well, missed by like an inch. Jimmie Johnson went right into the middle of it all! Or was that Waltrip...meh, I don't remember. I hate Chevy, and that's all that matters. I was sitting there watching it when that little wreck happened 3 laps before the end and was like "WHY COULDN'T YOU TAKE OUT THE YANK IN 24 CAR AHEAD OF YOU?! IF YOU'RE GOING TO WRECK AT LEAST TAKE OUT THE YANK IN THE CHEVY THAT'S LEADING!" Man, I really hate Chevy and Jeff Gordon. The only Chevy dude I like is Waltrip.

Don't ever call a NASCAR car cute again >_> unless you're a girl, if you are, sorry, I don't know.

Pre-AlgebraDude said:
Who watches NASCAR? I love it. Who's your driver, if you do watch it? Mine's Kurt Busch. I HATE CHEVY. Dodge is okay, but Ford is the best. I cannot stand Jeff Gordon. He's a freakin' yankee.

So?
I still do not understand how someone can watch cars go in circles all day! :grumpy: :tongue2: You have to have no life to do something like that.

By the words of Jeff Foxworthy-"everyone hates Jeff Gordon because he innunciates." :wink:

I used to love formula one racing until it got dominated by ferrari, this season its been quite interesting but it's still not as good as when drivers like ayrton senna and nigel mansell raced.

Sadler excaped the mixing bowl of Talladaga to finnish in the top ten. He's still 5th in points.
The engineering in those cars is fantastic, I can understand why the need for restrictor plate racing. When your standing next to the track and feel the full 24,000 horsepower{600x40 cars} flying by you, the Earth trembles and even the air concusses.
I'm thinking of adapting some of the safety items for use in my car. Heck the way people drive on the expressway here, I already sometimes wished I had a helmet on.

PS. yes I'm a girl , err or should I say a grown woman

Last edited:
hypatia said:
I was born a few blocks away from the birthplace of Henry Ford
And at approximately the same time. :tongue:

Pre-AlgebraDude said:
unless you're a girl, if you are, sorry, I don't know.
She most assuredly is, and pretty damned hot for an old broad. :wink:

And at approximately the same time

I'm glad you redeemed yourself, cause the way I drive I could be there in 16 hours and kick your a$$ by lunch time o:)

My dad watches F1. I just don't understand why. I always go by when he's watching and go *coughcoughunamericancoughcough*. Me and my friend call Asian cars rice burners. Give 'em some soy sauce for a little extra octane!

I actually rolled down the window at some woman in a Toyota 4Runner and yelled "RICEBURNER!" She didnt' see me.

hypatia said:
I'm glad you redeemed yourself, cause the way I drive I could be there in 16 hours and kick your a$$ by lunch time o:)
You say that as if you think I wouldn't enjoy it. :confused:

But you're right... I like to lay down some smoke to cover my exit. :tongue:

hypatia said:
I'm thinking of adapting some of the safety items for use in my car. Heck the way people drive on the expressway here, I already sometimes wished I had a helmet on.

:rofl: Yes, a crash helmet and 5 point belt might be a good thing for MI roads! Though, I'd rather have armor plating to head into Detroit!

Race week

YEA! race week is upon us! For one week the small township of Brooklyn, becomes the largest township in Michigan. A hundred thousand people will descend in this little hamlet, and spend millions of dollars over the course of the next 5 days.
I have 14 friends coming to share the infield spot from 5 different states, and Canada! {Canadian friends are bringing 15 cases of beer}
If you watch the race on TV, look for the blue 1949 bus on the fence just before turn 3, I'll wave to you!

I leave thursday and will come back monday. 4 days off in a row! wo0T!

uuuuhhhh...go fast, turn left...but believe it or not there's more skill involved than most people would think. Being able to avoid a wreck that is literally happening 10 feet in front of you and correct a powerslide at 200 mph is a feat on its own. Still, I'm not a fan.

I hate to admit it but I have actually attended.....a monster truck rally. IKNOWIKNOWIKNOW but my nephew's father in law got him tickets for his birthday and none of his friends wanted to go so I said "what-thuh-hey". I was almost in tears. My 4 year old great-niece raised the IQ when she walked through the gate. The greatest applause occurred when the Dinosaur truck (whatever) crashed through the Winnebago and a giant fireball exploded afterwards. Then, all was quiet as the dinosaur truck unfurled a green flag with the number 3 on it and slowly did a lap around the dirt track while everyone stood and held up 3 fingers on one hand up in the air. My nephew and I were looking at each other with our eyes watering and biting our lips to keep from guffawing.

I think I'll go again sometime and videotape it for Planned Parenthood.

I took my kids to monster truck something when they were little, my experince was about the same as yours.
At Michigan Speedway,infield, its like a giant party. Its no place for children. To many drunk, half naked people running around acting foolish.

Question!

I'm just curious. Of those out there who like auto racing, which type/organization/series do you prefer, and why? I like them all (though I seldom pay much attention to drags), but I also understand those who simply don't care for racing at all.

KM

Yeah, I'd like a roll cage, 5-point seat belts, a helmet/hans device. Tennessee roads are crazy.

On a separate note, who one this past race? I haven't had much chance to watch recently. The last race I saw was when Biffle did the wall-hitting-burnout about a month ago. He's doing pretty good this season. He's a yank though.

jr finnished 1st in Chigagoland, about time that team got it together.
Steward won in Daytona

1. Who watches NASCAR?

NASCAR is watched by millions of people around the world, but it is particularly popular in the United States. The majority of NASCAR viewers are male, with a slightly higher percentage of viewers in the 18-34 age range compared to other sports.

2. Why do people watch NASCAR?

There are a variety of reasons why people watch NASCAR. Some enjoy the high speeds and adrenaline rush of the races, while others are drawn to the strategic and technical aspects of the sport. Many fans also have a personal connection to the drivers or teams they support.

3. How many people attend NASCAR races?

The average attendance for a NASCAR race is around 100,000 people, but this can vary greatly depending on the track and event. The Daytona 500, for example, can have over 250,000 attendees, while smaller tracks may only have a few thousand.

4. Is NASCAR a popular sport globally?

While NASCAR is primarily popular in the United States, it does have a growing international fan base. Races are held in Canada, Mexico, and Europe, and the sport has gained popularity in countries like Australia and Japan.

5. How has the audience for NASCAR changed over the years?

NASCAR has seen fluctuations in its audience over the years. In the early 2000s, the sport experienced a surge in popularity thanks to the rise of stars like Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Jeff Gordon. However, in recent years, the audience has become slightly older and more male-dominated, leading NASCAR to make efforts to attract a younger and more diverse fan base.