Who won israel vs gaza ?

• News
  • Thread starter ALYAZAN
  • Start date

Seems pretty obvious to me: anywhere but there.

seems pretty obvious: that proves that israel is targeting civilian .. in name of what israel is asking people to leave thier own homes ??

and ain't it prohibited to destroy civilian houses that are used by thier owners to live in in war time ?? ain't it a war crime ??

tiny-tim
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
destroying civilian houses

and ain't it prohibited to destroy civilian houses that are used by thier owners to live in in war time ?? ain't it a war crime ??

No, not if they are next to a military site.

Artillery isn't completely accurate, and any house near a military target is likely to be hit.

For this reason, civilians living near a military target usually leave anyway.

Israel isn't obliged to warn them to leave, so the warnings show that Israel is doing more than is necessary under international law to avoid civilian casualties (unlike Hamas, which is deliberately turning civilian streets in Gaza into target areas, and which tries to kill as many civilians possible with its own rockets).
seems pretty obvious: that proves that israel is targeting civilian .. in name of what israel is asking people to leave thier own homes ??

In the name of humanity. :approve:

bleh

but my question is : who u think did really win this battle ??

Terrorists won, because they put Israel creating more terrorists. They are "reproducing", so to speak.

Hurkyl
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

I remember this thread used to be about a specific armed conflict, and the issues of civilian casualties in war. How (and why) did it turn into a soapbox for people to push their opinion on the entirety of Israeli history?

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor

I remember this thread used to be about a specific armed conflict, and the issues of civilian casualties in war. How (and why) did it turn into a soapbox for people to push their opinion on the entirety of Israeli history?
Both sides hold on to the past to justify current actions. The conflicts in the middle east are unresolved issues from that last 3 millenia or so - not that they will be resolved in a thread on any internet site.

peace upo u

dear everybody

i have no enough time to read all these discussions .. but .. i guess that there is no need to try to convice any body of what the fact is .. any body who would not believe the shining and obvious fact on land .. will ever be conviced at all .. what ever was your effort .. and on the other hand the whole world now can see the truth of what this war was about ..

i' not going to discuss who won and who lost .. it's meaningless to discuss such an issue while >1300 innocent civilian were killed >40% of them are women and children .. >5300 were wonded >50% of them are women and children

as aljazeera says .. and the numbers here is alost the same to what western sources published about numberd of victims

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middleeast/2009/01/200911915726719317.html

and this is one of the last pix i've seen .. it's very painfull that i can't thin of who won !!
http://www.jamaa.cc/art20039.html [Broken]
what kind of victory are we talking about ?? victory of killing people .. i believe that hamas is not responsible for all that .. from the very begining .. hamas has been estabished to resist the israeli occupation .. so obviously israel is the cause and hamas is a reason of the israeli occupation .. if there were no israel there would never be hamas .. as simple as this

my opinion is that no political side won .. at all .. o military comparison between israeli army (tanks .. fighters .. weapons .. cutting edge technologies .. and nubmer of fighters) and those people .. have no single tank .. even the weapon they are using in front of the 4th largest army in the world are very simple and old ..

i'l never discuss in who won .. the ony one who won is the blood !!

my word is just this .. may God help us see the right and help us follow it .. and may peace be upon the world

my thanks and prayers to everybody ..

Last edited by a moderator:
Vanadium 50
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
2021 Award

.. hamas has been estabished to resist the israeli occupation .. so obviously israel is the cause and hamas is a reason of the israeli occupation .. if there were no israel there would never be hamas ..

Damn straight! If all those pesky Jews would just lay down and die we wouldn't be in this mess. It's all their fault.

(sheesh!)

Evo
Mentor

Alayazan, you keep repeating the same thing over and over. You make it sound like Israel made an unprovoked attack on Gaza, when this simply is not the case.

And for the last time. There will be no more threads with the intention to point blame. This subject does nothing but antagonize people on both sides of this issue and accomplishes nothing.