Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Who would be interested in a weekly topic thread?

1. Nov 1, 2004 #1
    Not in general discussions of course, but in the physics forum. After reading around here for a while, I notice that although the discussions are enjoyable, sometimes they are TOO specific. A lot of people come here to learn about different topics, wouldn't it be cool to have a weekly "topic" thread where the thread starter (a moderator, I would think) names a topic (anything, from gravity to the Navier Stokes Equations) and for a week there is a discussion on it, people adding information they know, asking questions, etc.? I think it would be nifty, personally!

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 2, 2004 #2
    Great idea. :smile:

(Thats two of us then!)

4. Nov 2, 2004 #3
    I concur. How many is that? I can't count very well in my head. :tongue:

5. Nov 3, 2004 #4
    is this this week's topic? cuz I don't think it'll last a whole week.

6. Nov 3, 2004 #5
    No, this is just to see if anyone would be interested. It would be in General Physics anyway. I thought it was a good idea and I would enjoy it.. but *shrug*

7. Nov 4, 2004 #6
    sounds like you've hit some sort of happy note and minds are going to farter no can't take it,
    yah i like it
    sure lets do it

8. Nov 6, 2004 #7
    Weekly? I'm more of an "hourly" type of guy.

9. Nov 7, 2004 #8

PerennialII

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm in .... could perhaps eliminate some of the fragmentation going about around many topics & threads.

10. Nov 7, 2004 #9
    Sounds like a great idea.

There is no real need for a moderator to make this thread however. Unless of course, we could not organize a specific group of people to write these threads. It would be more conveniant however, if a moderator or admin took the opportunity.

11. Nov 7, 2004 #10
    What the heck are you all talking about? Keeping a topic going for a week? lol, if you like a topic keep posting to it. All you are proposing is requiring someone to post to a thread that would die out from lack of interest if they didn't.
    If it is a good topic it will last, if it's not then it won't.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?