Who would be interested in a weekly topic thread?

• Thread starter mathlete
  • Start date
Not in general discussions of course, but in the physics forum. After reading around here for a while, I notice that although the discussions are enjoyable, sometimes they are TOO specific. A lot of people come here to learn about different topics, wouldn't it be cool to have a weekly "topic" thread where the thread starter (a moderator, I would think) names a topic (anything, from gravity to the Navier Stokes Equations) and for a week there is a discussion on it, people adding information they know, asking questions, etc.? I think it would be nifty, personally!

Answers and Replies

Great idea. :smile:

(Thats two of us then!)

I concur. How many is that? I can't count very well in my head. :tongue:

is this this week's topic? cuz I don't think it'll last a whole week.

Smurf said:
is this this week's topic? cuz I don't think it'll last a whole week.
No, this is just to see if anyone would be interested. It would be in General Physics anyway. I thought it was a good idea and I would enjoy it.. but *shrug*

Zirox
sounds like you've hit some sort of happy note and minds are going to farter no can't take it,
yah i like it
sure lets do it

Weekly? I'm more of an "hourly" type of guy.

PerennialII
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I'm in .... could perhaps eliminate some of the fragmentation going about around many topics & threads.

dekoi
Sounds like a great idea.

There is no real need for a moderator to make this thread however. Unless of course, we could not organize a specific group of people to write these threads. It would be more conveniant however, if a moderator or admin took the opportunity.

What the heck are you all talking about? Keeping a topic going for a week? lol, if you like a topic keep posting to it. All you are proposing is requiring someone to post to a thread that would die out from lack of interest if they didn't.
If it is a good topic it will last, if it's not then it won't.