Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Whom do you rely on most?

1. Policemen

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  2. Firemen

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. Postmen

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  4. Garbagemen

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
  1. Mar 9, 2006 #1
    Of policemen, firemen, postmen and garbagemen, whom do you rely on most?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 9, 2006 #2

Mk

I think fireman are like a merge between policemen and garbagemen.

4. Mar 9, 2006 #3
    My postmen visit at least 6 days out of the week, are known personally and have helped people, pets and property well beyond their mail duties in the neighborhood.

5. Mar 9, 2006 #4
    Garbage men.

6. Mar 10, 2006 #5

cronxeh

Gold Member

And just WTF happened to 'Paramedics' ?!

Btw I wont rely on 'Garbage men' so readily, some of them are ex-cons.

7. Mar 10, 2006 #6

JamesU

Gold Member

some are philosophical geniuses...

okay so I made that up...

8. Mar 10, 2006 #7

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Obviously postmen, who delivers mail 6 days/week.

I deliver garbage and recycling every Saturday to a collection facility.

I rarely interact with firemen and policemen/sheriff. However, they did respond very quickly (within minutes) when there was a head-on collision outside our house.

9. Mar 10, 2006 #8

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

That's not a collection facility!! That's my front yard, damn it!!! :grumpy:

If you do happen to be one of those folks that drop their garbage off somewhere along country roads, just make sure you shred anything that has personal info. I know one irate person who went through the trash dropped off on his farmland and found the address of the person who dropped it off. He returned it to the litterer's front yard the next night and wasn't nearly as careful about tieing the bags closed. :rofl:

10. Mar 10, 2006 #9
    cronxeh
    In my county, paramedics work side-by-side with the fire department.

11. Mar 10, 2006 #10
    I'd have to say that I rely most on paramedices, even though they weren't on the list. Although, since I will never require any of their services, I'm not the best judge.

12. Mar 10, 2006 #11

shmoe

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

shush you. please don't give good advice to the inconsiderate.:wink:

13. Mar 10, 2006 #12

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh rats and tits, you're still alive!

Must be the most notorious poster not to have any posts showing. And I'm sure that you have required treatment by ambulancemen many times in your recent existence, that's how you keep coming back to life isn't it?

14. Mar 10, 2006 #13
    Well, in actually they weren't really paramedics in the traditional sense. I'm a bit fuzy around the logic, but since I have no body I can't be rescued by true paramedics. I was rescued by the belief of paramedics, just as I was tortured by the belief of pain.

15. Mar 10, 2006 #14

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Since the person who delivers my mail each day is female, I don't rely on postmen at all; haven't had much need for firemen or policemen, so I guess it's the garbagemen.

16. Mar 10, 2006 #15

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Police bikers; they have the sexiest uniform.

17. Mar 10, 2006 #16

cronxeh

Gold Member

I personally put Policemen, because the question is too ambiguous. Do cops deliver mail? You betcha. Its called eviction notice. Do cops clean the streets? You betcha. We call em bums. Do cops deal with fire? Yeah they open fire everynow and then :devil:

18. Mar 10, 2006 #17
    cops give me speeding tickets.

19. Mar 10, 2006 #18
    I don't understand what you mean by rely on most?
    Edit:I think I understand it know
    Policemen:Crime rate is low where I live.You don't have to worry about too much here(of cource there small things that never get reported).
    Firemen: There's hasn't been a big fire here just some grass fire's and that's it.But I think paramedics would go under this.
    Postmen:The internet has been ivneted they are no longer used expect for delviery of objects that cannot be transferd threw cabel's or wirless commications...yet...but other that they can be useful for testing guard dogs,consiparacy theories,putting good use to your mailbox,mailing secert messages without NSA knowing
    Garbgemen:The day when the unvirse goes into the big crunch will be the day that no longer any to seperte garbge from anything...Or if someone invents technology that allows to trun garbge into another man's tressure.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2006
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?