Who Do You Rely On Most: Policemen, Firemen, Postmen, or Garbagemen?

• Thread starter Loren Booda
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the roles and reliability of different professions such as policemen, firemen, postmen, and garbagemen. The participants share their personal experiences and opinions, with some preferring paramedics even though they weren't listed. Some also mention the increasing use of technology, such as the internet, and the potential for garbage to be turned into treasure. Overall, the conversation highlights the importance of these professions and how they each play a unique role in society.

Of policemen, firemen, postmen and garbagemen, whom do you rely on most?

• Policemen

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Firemen

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Postmen

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Garbagemen

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters
Loren Booda

Physics news on Phys.org
I think fireman are like a merge between policemen and garbagemen.

My postmen visit at least 6 days out of the week, are known personally and have helped people, pets and property well beyond their mail duties in the neighborhood.

Garbage men.

And just WTF happened to 'Paramedics' ?!

Btw I won't rely on 'Garbage men' so readily, some of them are ex-cons.

some are philosophical geniuses...okay so I made that up...

Obviously postmen, who delivers mail 6 days/week.

I deliver garbage and recycling every Saturday to a collection facility.

I rarely interact with firemen and policemen/sheriff. However, they did respond very quickly (within minutes) when there was a head-on collision outside our house.

Astronuc said:
I deliver garbage and recycling every Saturday to a collection facility.
That's not a collection facility! That's my front yard, damn it! :grumpy:

If you do happen to be one of those folks that drop their garbage off somewhere along country roads, just make sure you shred anything that has personal info. I know one irate person who went through the trash dropped off on his farmland and found the address of the person who dropped it off. He returned it to the litterer's front yard the next night and wasn't nearly as careful about tieing the bags closed. :rofl:

cronxeh
And just WTF happened to 'Paramedics' ?!

Btw I won't rely on 'Garbage men' so readily, some of them are ex-cons.
In my county, paramedics work side-by-side with the fire department.

I'd have to say that I rely most on paramedices, even though they weren't on the list. Although, since I will never require any of their services, I'm not the best judge.

BobG said:
If you do happen to be one of those folks that drop their garbage off somewhere along country roads, just make sure you shred anything that has personal info.

shush you. please don't give good advice to the inconsiderate.:wink:

franzbear! said:
I'd have to say that I rely most on paramedices, even though they weren't on the list. Although, since I will never require any of their services, I'm not the best judge.

Oh rats and tits, you're still alive!

Must be the most notorious poster not to have any posts showing. And I'm sure that you have required treatment by ambulancemen many times in your recent existence, that's how you keep coming back to life isn't it?

brewnog said:
Oh rats and tits, you're still alive!

Must be the most notorious poster not to have any posts showing. And I'm sure that you have required treatment by ambulancemen many times in your recent existence, that's how you keep coming back to life isn't it?
Well, in actually they weren't really paramedics in the traditional sense. I'm a bit fuzy around the logic, but since I have no body I can't be rescued by true paramedics. I was rescued by the belief of paramedics, just as I was tortured by the belief of pain.

Since the person who delivers my mail each day is female, I don't rely on postmen at all; haven't had much need for firemen or policemen, so I guess it's the garbagemen.

Police bikers; they have the sexiest uniform.

I personally put Policemen, because the question is too ambiguous. Do cops deliver mail? You betcha. Its called eviction notice. Do cops clean the streets? You betcha. We call em bums. Do cops deal with fire? Yeah they open fire everynow and then :devil:

cops give me speeding tickets.

I don't understand what you mean by rely on most?
Edit:I think I understand it know
Policemen:Crime rate is low where I live.You don't have to worry about too much here(of cource there small things that never get reported).
Firemen: There's hasn't been a big fire here just some grass fire's and that's it.But I think paramedics would go under this.
Postmen:The internet has been ivneted they are no longer used expect for delviery of objects that cannot be transferd threw cabel's or wirless commications...yet...but other that they can be useful for testing guard dogs,consiparacy theories,putting good use to your mailbox,mailing secert messages without NSA knowing
Garbgemen:The day when the unvirse goes into the big crunch will be the day that no longer any to seperte garbge from anything...Or if someone invents technology that allows to trun garbge into another man's tressure.

Last edited:

1. Who do you rely on most in your research?

In my research, I rely on a team of fellow scientists and collaborators. We work together to design experiments, analyze data, and draw conclusions.

2. How do you determine who you rely on most?

I determine who I rely on most based on their expertise, reliability, and communication skills. I also consider their track record of producing high-quality research and their ability to work well in a team.

3. Do you rely on one specific person or a group of people?

In my research, I rely on both specific individuals and a larger group of people. Each person brings unique skills and perspectives to the research, and working together as a team allows us to accomplish more.

4. How does the person or group you rely on most impact your research?

The person or group I rely on most plays a crucial role in my research. They contribute their expertise and knowledge, provide critical feedback, and help to interpret and analyze data. Their contributions greatly impact the quality and validity of our research.

5. Can you rely on someone outside of your field of study?

Yes, I can rely on someone outside of my field of study. In fact, interdisciplinary collaboration is becoming increasingly important in the scientific community. By working with individuals from different fields, we can bring together diverse perspectives and expertise to tackle complex research questions.