Who's better at playing poker on average?

• Thread starter kramer733
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Average
In summary, a person with a masters in probabliity and or statistics. Or a physicist who specializes in string theory would be a better choice for poker than someone with a card counting style who doesn't need to know much stats.
Anonymous217 said:
And they're right. Jarednjames, although you only made one "mistake" in this topic, it makes one curious on to how much you really know about the game, which resulted in the criticism of your post where you claimed that you do know how to play Hold'em.

First issue aside, please, do tell what my mistakes in previous posts were. I will happily respond to criticism but to blankly say "you are to be ignored because of one mistake" does not work. Whether in this thread or any other one here.

If you can give me reason beyond doubt that my latter posts are incorrect or irrelevant, and as such should not be included in the thread I will happily back down.

As I've asked previously, do any persons involved in the last few posts completely disagree with my previous posts regarding poker?

Physics news on Phys.org
jarednjames said:
First issue aside, please, do tell what my mistakes in previous posts were. I will happily respond to criticism but to blankly say "you are to be ignored because of one mistake" does not work. Whether in this thread or any other one here.

there is no need to be so defensive. It's just that it was such a colossal error that it's impossible to ignore. And calls into question just how much you have played any form of poker.

I've been posting on my phone so its hard to review posts and respond. But its not a case of 'mistakes' you are making, as what is important in poker is subjective. What you are thinking is important shows no experience playing poker.

As I've asked previously, do any persons involved in the last few posts completely disagree with my previous posts regarding poker?

Not completely, but again your posts show a lack of experience with the game. Which is no bad thing, and nothing to be ashamed of. your subsequent posts try to make out that you do have some experience with the game 'holdem isn't my favourite' makes it sound like you pay quite a bit.

You are making classic statements that people who don't really play the game make.

turbo-1 said:
Do you have any reliable information to support that statement?

I won about $118 last night in a min-stakes game, so if you keep pressing these buttons, turbo, you're going to blow my cover, dang it!

Time to get your own game on, Turbo.

Ante up, And WOW! So many words!

Stop talking, people. Observe. Listen, learn.

Poker's not about stats (at least mostly not about stats) but about ego. The less one has, the better, and the more calculating one's mind, the better. The best poker players have no ego, know the stats odds six ways to Sunday, and are able to adjust those odds on the fly based on their reads of the other players (that's the art part).

Last edited: