Is Your Life Really Your Own or Are You Living a Simulation?

• Thread starter Binah
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Life
In summary, this conversation is discussing the idea that one's life does not belong to them, but is instead borrowed or borrowed and played by someone else.
Binah
Do you think your life belongs to you or… ?

Who’s Life is My Life?
To understand this apparent paradox, we need a broader perspective. The fact of the matter is that today, as the seven-continent-wide show Live Earth so beautifully demonstrated, we are all interdependent. To save our own lives, and the lives of our children we need to co-operate. However, we will not want to co-operate unless we know what for. We need to understand the reason we exist, the meaning of our lives, and from that derive motivation for positive global action.
http://searchwarp.com/swa232077.htm Agree, disagree?

Thanks

---

"Only a life lived for others is worth living"

Physics news on Phys.org
If you believe your life belongs to someone other than self then you believe you are a slave to that other--be it another person, society, god, etc. I do not so believe.

Imo, united global action by humans will not occur until we are visited by beings from another planet--then humans will form a new mythology to explain the meaning of living on earth. Humans always unite to cause extinction of species that compete with them for limited resources, and/or are more powerful. Global warming will not unite humans because some populations will benefit at expense of others.

We all breath the same air, drink the same water. Chances are some of Attila the Hun's atoms are in my body. We are social animals who cannot live independently from each other. We all belong to ourselves and, at the same time, to each other and the world we share.

well if you consider the Simulation Hypothesis [for any single universe with life there will be vast numbers- perhaps infinite- hypercomputers running physically equivalent simulations of large parts of that universe and others- so statistically any observer is vastly more likely to be part of an artificial simulation than in a 'natural' world] an intersting twist would be that you are not you at all- but someone else role-playing as you to experience your life- they could easily edit their memories and personalities to temporarily play you- and there is no way to know if you just started playing today- or perhaps you have been playing for the whole life of the person you are inhabiting- or you could have copied yourself and you are playing MANY people- such as your own wife and children- or EVERYONE so maybe you have been role-playing for millenia- you and your spouse might switch places every night- chew on that

Last edited:

1. What is "Who's Life is My Life?"

"Who's Life is My Life?" is a philosophical question that explores the concept of personal identity and the relationship between our current self and our past self.

2. Why is this question important?

This question is important because it challenges us to think about our sense of self and how it is shaped by our experiences and memories. It also raises questions about the continuity of our identity over time.

3. Can this question be answered definitively?

As a scientist, I believe that there is no one definitive answer to this question. It is a complex and abstract concept that can be interpreted and understood differently by different individuals.

4. How does science approach this question?

Science approaches this question by studying the brain and its functions, as well as the psychological and biological factors that contribute to our sense of self. It also considers the role of memory and how it shapes our identity.

5. What are some potential implications of this question?

This question has implications in areas such as psychology, neuroscience, and philosophy. It can also have personal implications for individuals as they reflect on their own identity and the factors that shape it.