Who is the Most Physically Gifted Actress in Hollywood?

• Thread starter zoobyshoe
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physicist
In summary: Additionally, she can wear a tight suit with one eye tied behind her back:In summary, according to this website, Meg Ryan is a better candidate for physics because she can wear a tight suit with one eye tied behind her back.
zoobyshoe
Cathrine Zeta-Jones:

http://www.poster.net/entrapment/entrapment-sean-connery-cathrine-zeta-jones-3700233.jpg [Broken]

Or Angelina Jolie?

B00005V1YZ.01._PE05_.Lara-Croft-Tomb-Raider._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Two options?

I pick other.

JasonRox said:
Two options?

I pick other.
That's fine as long as "other" fits the black skintight suit criteria.

I have some formal physics training. And sometimes I wear a black skintight suit... at night... when I'm alone. Does that mean I'm in the running? :redface:

- Warren

I have to go with Zeta-Jones here!

chroot said:
I have some formal physics training. And sometimes I wear a black skintight suit... at night... when I'm alone. Does that mean I'm in the running? :redface:
If you like. You'll have to post a picture, though. I suppose Arildno might possibly vote for you.

mattmns said:
I have to go with Zeta-Jones here!
Yes, she demonstrated a particularly advanced understanding of laser-physics, I thought, with the sinuous way she snaked her skin tight clad body under that alarm beam.

zoobyshoe said:
Yes, she demonstrated a particularly advanced understanding of laser-physics, I thought, with the sinuous way she snaked her skin tight clad body under that alarm beam.
Ahh yes, I remember that very well.

I’d have to go with Angelina out of the two. But then again, I would probably have to go to a clinic to be tested afterwards.

chroot said:
Well, this thread just DEMANDS a comment about Britney Spear's Guide to Semiconductor Physics.

bs2.jpg
I really don't know how to classify this entry. There's physics, sure, but the absense of a black skin-tight suit reminds me of Dennis Conner entering the America's Cup Yacht race in a catamaran. The other contestants may well object, I don't know.

zoobyshoe said:
I really don't know how to classify this entry. There's physics, sure, but the absense of a black skin-tight suit reminds me of Dennis Conner entering the America's Cup Yacht race in a catamaran. The other contestants may well object, I don't know.

Oh, you're right, I may have to concede. However, you have to admit, this is one of the funniest pictures ever made, er, I mean, taken:

bswp001_800x600.jpg

- Warren

That's where she keeps her baby when she's not driving with it on the dash board.

chroot said:
Oh, you're right, I may have to concede. However, you have to admit, this is one of the funniest pictures ever made, er, I mean, taken:
Well, someday, perhaps, we'll have a semiconductor physics poll with a metalic pantaloon requirement...or who knows. Dennis Conner did win the cup that year.

that britney spears physics site weirded me out. i didn't know what to think when i was reading it. also, she did wear that red leather suit in the oops i did it again video... now is she in the running?

cyrusabdollahi said:
I’d have to go with Angelina out of the two. But then again, I would probably have to go to a clinic to be tested afterwards.
Well, if you think you get to sleep with the one you vote for, I'm curious to know who you pick in the Einstein vs Newton threads.

Gale said:
that britney spears physics site weirded me out. i didn't know what to think when i was reading it. also, she did wear that red leather suit in the oops i did it again video... now is she in the running?
I'm all confused Gale. I thought I'd put up two evenly matched candidates, but the public seems to demand great variety.

This needs to be added to GD classics...

How about Meg Ryan?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d3/IQposter.jpg [Broken]

TheStatutoryApe said:
How about Meg Ryan?
awwww... I loved that movie!

But, wait a minute - do astronomers count as physicists?
jodie.jpg

Wow, Tim Robbins and Meg Ryan, how could that movie be anything BUT good? :uhh:

I'd have to go with Angelina simply because she shows evidence of successful anti-gravity work...

FredGarvin said:
I'd have to go with Angelina simply because she shows evidence of successful anti-gravity work...
Additionally, she can wear a tight suit with one eye tied behind her back:

http://entimg.msn.com/i/gal/SkyCaptain/untitled3_430x300.jpg [Broken]

1. Who is considered the greatest physicist of all time?

The answer to this question is subjective and varies depending on personal opinions. However, some of the most commonly mentioned names include Albert Einstein, Isaac Newton, and Galileo Galilei.

2. What makes someone a great physicist?

A great physicist is someone who has made significant contributions to the field through their discoveries, theories, and experiments. They also possess a deep understanding of the fundamental laws and principles of physics and have the ability to apply them to solve complex problems.

3. Can a modern physicist be considered the greatest?

Yes, a modern physicist can certainly be considered the greatest. While many people may think that only historical figures can hold this title, there are several modern physicists who have made groundbreaking discoveries and advancements in the field.

4. Are there any female physicists who could be considered the greatest?

Yes, there have been several female physicists who have made significant contributions to the field, such as Marie Curie, Emmy Noether, and Chien-Shiung Wu. However, due to historical and societal barriers, their achievements may not have been as recognized as their male counterparts.

5. Is it possible for more than one physicist to be considered the greatest?

Yes, it is possible for multiple physicists to be considered the greatest. As mentioned before, this title is subjective and can vary depending on personal opinions and criteria. It is also important to recognize that different physicists may excel in different areas of physics, making it difficult to compare and determine a single "greatest" physicist.