Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Who's watching Stranger Things?

1. Nov 24, 2016 #1
    An 80s styled sci fi mystery original to Netflix. I just finished the second episode, but I'm already hooked and impressed!

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 24, 2016 #2
    Season (next) started yet?

4. Nov 24, 2016 #3

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

I have been told I should and I'm looking for something to watch while exercising, so...

5. Nov 24, 2016 #4
    It's worth a watch, for the Gremlin alone. :wink:

6. Nov 26, 2016 #5

DennisN

Gold Member
    2017 Award

I liked it. A lot of 80s nostalgia... I personally got some E.T. vibes from it... :smile:

7. Nov 28, 2016 #6
    Finished the first season. Fantastic! Next on my list is Luke Cage!

8. Dec 3, 2016 #7
    Well, thanks alot boss! I just dropped my NF acct., cuz I found PF! :oldmad::oldsurprised::oldsmile:

9. Dec 29, 2016 #8
    We watched the whole season. My only knock was that everyone yelled all the time. Standing a few feet from each other, people yelled. Otherwise, loved it. And loved seeing Wynona Ryder at work.

10. Dec 29, 2016 #9
    I just stopped having nightmares about it, so I guess I am ready for season 2.

11. Dec 30, 2016 #10
    Ryder has not been recognized so much for this work. The children have taken all the credit. They did quite well, but I bet if Ryder had not participated, maybe the whole serie would not be much appreciated. So I'll say, Winona Ryder was impressive.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  12. Dec 30, 2016 #11
    At least she learned something from that Saturday detention.

13. Nov 3, 2017 #12
    8 eps into season 2 and I'm not disappointed. Still a great show. A little more forced drama and relationships and the eleven story line was weak (so far), but still great entertainment!

14. Nov 13, 2017 #13
    It's fantastic! Sadly I was so eager to watch series 2 that I watched all the episodes over a couple of days so now I have nothing for the next year!!!

I particularly enjoyed the juxtaposition whereby the children were maturely cooperating and figuring out solutions and learning things whilst the adults were squabbling, petty and generally failing miserably to achieve anything.

_

There do appear to be some very slight (and hardly plot-affecting) details that I think are oversights but with a show that pays so much attention to some small details, it's hard to be sure if other small elements are actually intended or 'goofs'.

Doesn't detract from my entertainment in any way, though!
    There's a lot of really "bad (at least, not to my interest/taste) content on Netflix, so it's truly refreshing to see something that has been made with such an artistic devotion.

--

Wynona Rider has the perfect face and expressions for her character I truly worry about her sanity!

15. Nov 14, 2017 #14
    Just finished S2 yesterday.

Waiting for 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, etc. to show up in S3.

16. Nov 14, 2017 #15

strangerep

Science Advisor

Hmm, so... ok,... Season 1 (Collector's Edition) just got released here on bluray, so... (on your recommendation) I'm off to buy it. :oldbiggrin:

Edit: and... b#gger! It's not available here yet. That was the US target website. :headbang:

Oh well, at least GoT S7 bluray will be here in 4 weeks time. :woot:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  17. Nov 14, 2017 #16
    Binge watched season 2 the night of release. Not a groupy, just decided it was time for a binge.
    Really good show though.

18. Nov 15, 2017 #17

lekh2003

Gold Member

I heard of the series and watched the two seasons in a couple of days. Now I regret that choice.

19. Nov 15, 2017 #18
    Can't please everybody, now can they.

20. Dec 3, 2017 #19
    <Big Grin> I came for the Sci Fi and stayed for the Babes.... I mean the quality of acting ;P Oh wait. That was Under the Dome...... nah both had ummmm good acting.....OK and babes.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted