Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Whos your favorite comic hero?

1. Jun 8, 2003 #1

Who did you wanna emulate as a toddler? Whose your all time favorite comic/TV hero?

Mine is spiderman. Hes cool plus he had a few movies back in the 70s or 80s eg. spiderman goes to Tokyo! Anyone seen that?
    Tell me what you like?
    Dx :wink:
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 8, 2003 #2
    Spawn or Green Lantern
  4. Jun 8, 2003 #3

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

wonder woman, and i even had the underoos for wonder woman
  5. Jun 8, 2003 #4

I didnt want to say but i had them too.:wink:
    teasing but i had spideroos as a kid and popeye.
    im a total wuss now, lost all my man dignity left. Oh yeah, im married dont have anymore anyways. God bless! :wink:
  6. Jun 8, 2003 #5
    Batman...no powers, smarter and badder than everyone else.
  7. Jun 8, 2003 #6
    you gotta love wolverine!
  8. Jun 8, 2003 #7
    Well, I was always much more fascinated by the villains. But, to be sure to destroy what dignity I have left, and still be on-topic, my favorite TV hero was ("was" being the operative word) Captain Planet.

My favorite comic hero was always between Gambit and NightCrawler (from X-Men).
  9. Jun 8, 2003 #8
    i know exactly what you mean. apocalpyse and wormtounge (from Lord of the Rings) are some of my favorite.
  10. Jun 8, 2003 #9
    Apocalypse rocked.

When I read "Batman" comics, I always used to love "the Riddler", and "the Joker". Batman was nothing compared to his villains (IMO).

Oh yeah, and whose going to deny that Mysterio, Venom, Carnage, etc were much cooler than Spiderman? (Again, this is just my opinion, but I just can't see anyone liking Spiderman better than Carnage ).
  11. Jun 8, 2003 #10
    mentat, how do you move so fast? one minute you're in one forum doing something, and the next your somewhere else, posting posting posting. always posting! i'm no longer surprised you have as many as you have!
  12. Jun 8, 2003 #11

No, seriously, I just keep four windows open to the PFs, and post like mad.
  13. Jun 8, 2003 #12

Science Advisor

"Captain Daylight; the World's Busiest Superhero!"

Never heard of him? That's 'cause I made him up! See, I was workin' the graveyard shift at a plastics factory, and I decided we needed a hero who works third shift. That's why he's "the worlds busiest superhero"TM, while all the other Superheroes are "mild-mannered reporters" or "millionare playboys" BY DAY, he's a lowly janitor at a food processing plant in Poughkeepsie BY NIGHT, and in the daytime, he's the only hero on duty!

He's always all surly and grumpy, he frequently falls asleep and flies into the side of a mountain and stuff. To make matters worse, he's always stopping the runaway train or catching the buss that's going over a cliff, only to find that Clark Kent or Peter Parker is onboard, but couldn't reveal their secret identity. So they just sit there, knowing ol' Cap'n D will handle everything. (Lazy freeloading chumps, I don't know why I bother...zzzz*)
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2003
  14. Jun 12, 2003 #13
    Wonder Woman! You've got to love a hot brunette decked out in Under-Roos!

Edit: Damn you mettling kids and your beating me to the punch-line!

15. Jul 2, 2003 #14
    Conan was my guy.
  16. Jul 2, 2003 #15
    I have to agree with Maximus: Wolverine

I grew up reading Uncanny X-men and Wolverine comic books and he by far stood out the most for me as far a favorites super heroes are concerned.

As for super-villains: Dark Phoenix, Dr. Octopus...
  17. Jul 2, 2003 #16
    Spiderman and Wolverine

As for villians, Sabretooth (although I was disappointed with him in the first X-Men movie), Mystique, and Tusk.
  18. Jul 5, 2003 #17
    No one touches Wolverwine! I must like the X Men more because I inherited a collection of multiple copies of issues 1-157, lol.
  19. Jul 6, 2003 #18
    I dotn know comics but i know keven smith so Blunt man and Cronic
  20. Jul 8, 2003 #19
    i grew up watching lynda carter as wonder woman, and i totally had a crush on her; i probably still do, since she's aged rather well. when i was 7 i dressed up as wonder woman for halloween, except my costume was some funky shorts outfit that was a hand me down and had tank top sleeves instead of being sleeveless. i think that even at 7 my mom was afraid that if i had a real wonder woman costume, my womanhoods would spill out!
  21. Jul 8, 2003 #20
    This is the single most wrong post I have ever seen...
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?