Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Whoslying interviews President Bush

1. Oct 18, 2004 #1
    In "Without a Doubt", New York Times, Oct. 16, 2004, Ron Suskind quoted a “senior advisor to Bush” who said people like Suskind were ''in what we call the reality-based community,'' who ''believe that solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality.'' He continued:

''That's not the way the world really works anymore… We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're studying that reality -- judiciously, as you will -- we'll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out. We're history's actors . . . and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do.''​

Having been heavily indoctrinated in the “reality-based community”, we had some difficulty understanding what exactly this senior aide was getting at. So it was to our great pleasure and surprise that the President of the United States, George W. Bush, agreed to sit down with Whoslying to explain the difference between these two world views.

WHOSLYING: First of all, thanks for agreeing to speak with me.

BUSH: My pleasure.

WHOSLYING: I want to talk with you about what you mean by “reality-based community”, but first off, I’d like to clear up, once and for all, the question about your National Guard record. On your application form, next to the question “Do you volunteer for Vietnam?” you checked no.

BUSH: That’s right.

WHOSLYING: Later, you were asked in an interview if you had volunteered for Vietnam, and you said “No.”

BUSH: That’s right.

continued... http://www.whoslying.org/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=636&Itemid=2
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2004
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted