Why all my girlfriends turned out to be psychos

• Thread starter BobG
  • Start date
BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper

Main Question or Discussion Point

Does it seem like everyone you find attractrive turns out to be suffering from mental illness? Maybe it's because you're sexually attracted to the schizophrenics. http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051207/hl_nm/creativity_tied_sexual_success_dc_2 [Broken]

On the other hand, ever wonder why so many of the opposite sex find you attractive? :frown:

Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

rachmaninoff
Yet again, I regret being sane.

BobG said:
Maybe it's because you're sexually attracted to the schizophrenics.
Damn right, it's the nearest some of us can get to a threesome.

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
In my 20's I dated only musicians and artists. All my boyfriends were "creative types".

Crazy women are freakin' wild in bed. Later, when they cook your pet rabbit, it's not so much fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
franznietzsche said:
They also tend to rub off on you...
Yeah, I dated a leper once too. We broke up. Well... she did.

El Hombre Invisible said:
Yeah, I dated a leper once too. We broke up. Well... she did.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm a horrible person, I really did lol at that.

franznietzsche said:
I'm a horrible person, I really did lol at that.
Don't judge yourself, man. I'm laughing at my own joke, so think how I feel!

DocToxyn
Science Advisor
zoobyshoe said:
Crazy women are freakin' wild in bed. Later, when they cook your pet rabbit, it's not so much fun.
except when the gravy is really flavorful...damn...'Buttons' tastes even better the next day.

Aether
Gold Member
BobG said:
Does it seem like everyone you find attractrive turns out to be suffering from mental illness?
You said "turns out to be suffering...". Have you considered that this leaves open the possibility that they weren't necessarily all "suffering" before they met you?

Last edited:
Danger
Gold Member
El, you've destroyed my ability to take anything seriously for the rest of the day! I'll be laughing my guts out every time I think of that. :rofl:

DocToxyn said:
except when the gravy is really flavorful...damn...'Buttons' tastes even better the next day.
I try to give this quiz to potential girlfriends:

Which of the two actors listed played the protagonist in the following movies:

Play Misty For Me
A.) Sondra Lock
B.) Clint Eastwoob

Misery
A.) James Caan
B.) Kathy Bates

Fatal Attraction
A.)Glenn Close
B.)Michael Douglas

SpaceTiger
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
It's true, crazy girls are hot. I won't date anyone that hasn't had at least one lengthy conversation with a lamp or seat cushion.

SpaceTiger said:
It's true, crazy girls are hot. I won't date anyone that hasn't had at least one lengthy conversation with a lamp or seat cushion.
Someday you'll get sick of waking up and finding them sitting in a chair staring at you holding a knife, though.

SpaceTiger
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
zoobyshoe said:
Someday you'll get sick of waking up and finding them sitting in a chair staring at you holding a knife, though.
I very much doubt it.

honestrosewater
Gold Member
Yeah, knives are classic, but flame throwers are so much more entertaining. :tongue2:

SpaceTiger said:

Well I would date someone who hasn't, but all of the ones i've dated certainly have had such conversations.

honestrosewater said:
Yeah, knives are classic, but flame throwers are so much more entertaining. :tongue2:

Yup. The screams, oh the screams. And the acrid smell of burning hair and flesh. Mmmm. I'm kinda hungry. What's for lunch?

matthyaouw
Gold Member
zoobyshoe said:
But post-knife-fight sex is the best!

matthyaouw said:
But post-knife-fight sex is the best!

Not quite as good as post-throwing-radiactive-materials-at-each-other-fight-sex. Something about that alpha radiation just leaves you with so much energy.

matthyaouw
Gold Member
franznietzsche said:
Not quite as good as post-throwing-radiactive-materials-at-each-other-fight-sex. Something about that alpha radiation just leaves you with so much energy.
The added bonus being, with all that radiation, you needn't worry about protection!

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
SpaceTiger said:
Does it have to be a lamp or seat cushion? Does it count if we talk to the computer or printer or try to talk an assay into behaving and giving us the right results?

SpaceTiger
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Moonbear said:
Does it have to be a lamp or seat cushion? Does it count if we talk to the computer or printer or try to talk an assay into behaving and giving us the right results?
I think I would require some extra convincing in this circumstance. Computers and printers aren't completely inanimate, so the conversation wouldn't be as one-sided. Perhaps if they were turned off at the time...

Moonbear said:

My printer curses back at me, so yeah.

Really, it prints censored profanity. Scary as %@#!.