Why All the Hate Between Religions?

• Thread starter yourdadonapogostick
  • Start date
In summary, the three major religions are basically the same, but with different details. Judaism, Islam, and Christianity all have the same message, but there is hate between the religions because of the different details. There have been instances of Jews slaughtering Muslims, and of Muslims slaughtering Jews.
yourdadonapogostick
Personally, I am an Atheist, but I think it is good to study some of the major religions in order to see their POV and argue with their crazies better. Not all of the crazies are Christian.I have seen just as many Islamic crazies as Christian, but I have yet to see any Jewish crazies. That would make sense considering that Christianity is highest population followed by Islam and then a few religions down is Judaism. Here are the numbers for 2004:
http://www.wholesomewords.org/missions/greatc.html#worldpop said:
Christians: 2,106,962,000
Muslims:1,283,424,000
Jews:14,990,000

I propose that three of the world's major religions are just different forms of the same one. At a cursory reading of the synopsis of all of the Surahs, I see that almost all of the all of theTorah is included, but slightly different(names and such). The Gospels are in there as well. The Qur'an even says
A'l-e-'imran 3:3 said:
He has revealed to you this Book with the Truth, confirming the scripture which preceded it, as He revealed the Tawrat and the Injeel.
The Tawrat and Injeel are the Torah and Gospels, respectively. It even has the virgin birth: There are passages that talk about how Jews only use part of the word of Allah and that Isa(Jesus) was just a prophet and not the son of Allah. So, most of the world (roughly 56.8% as of 2004) believe in the same religion, yet deny that it is the same religion. The only difference is the details. Jews don't believe Muhammad or Jesus were prophets and definitely don't believe that Jesus was the son of Allah. Islam believes that Jews only have part of the truth and that Jesus was only a prophet.
A'l-e-'Imran 3:23 said:
Have you not seen the behavior of those who have been given a portion of the book?
Al-Ma said:
idah 5:75]Al-Maseeh, the son of Maryam, was no more than a Rasool; many Rasools had already passed away before him
. Christians believe that Jews only have part of the truth, Muhammad was not a prophet, and that Jesus was the son of Allah. All three agree on most of the doctrine, so why is there so much hate between the religions? I have noticed(at least in Christianity) there is even hate between the different sects due to details. The message is the same, just the details are different. So, why hate each other?

Physics news on Phys.org
As for Jewish crazies, remember the settler who massacred Muslims during their prayers, and the murderers of Yitzchak Rabin?
Secondly, if you go back to the time prior to the diaspora (i.e, 71 AD, when the Romans crushed the Jewish state), Jewish politics was characterized by, and infamously renowned for the fierce squabbles among different sects of Jews.
If you've seen "Life of Brian", Monty Python satirizes over this well-authenticated aspect of ancient Jewish society.

i meant personal encounters. i haven't heard of those events. thanks for the history lesson.

What causes the hate between religions?

The hate between religions can stem from a variety of factors, such as differing beliefs and practices, historical conflicts, and power struggles. In some cases, individuals or groups may use religion as a means to justify their hatred towards others.

Is there a specific religion that is most hated?

It is difficult to determine a specific religion that is most hated as this can vary depending on location and cultural context. However, some research suggests that religions with a larger following may face more hate due to their visibility and perceived influence.

Can religions coexist peacefully?

Yes, religions can coexist peacefully. Many countries and communities have a diverse population of different religions living together in harmony. It is important for individuals to respect and tolerate each other's beliefs and practices in order for peaceful coexistence to occur.

How does media play a role in perpetuating hate between religions?

Media can play a significant role in perpetuating hate between religions by portraying certain religions in a negative light or promoting stereotypes and misinformation. This can fuel existing tensions and lead to further division and hate. It is important for media outlets to promote accurate and unbiased representation of all religions.

How can we reduce hate between religions?

One way to reduce hate between religions is through education and promoting understanding and respect for different beliefs. Interfaith dialogue and collaboration can also help to bridge gaps and foster mutual understanding. It is also important for leaders and individuals to denounce hate and discrimination based on religion.