Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Why are girls so manipulative?

1. Aug 20, 2004 #1
    Recently, I fell in love with a girl. I thought she liked me because she always laughs at my jokes and she touches me a lot. So I told her I liked her, she gets all wierd says she only wants to be "friends."

So to all the ladies out there, what's going on? Why are you guys so manipulative?
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 20, 2004 #2
    Right. They are evil. :devil:

No, I'm just kidding. :tongue2: I thought, we are manipulative as well (well, I'm not, but some people are, male or female has nothing to do about it).

It happens sometime to me too. I confuse frienship and love. :redface: :blush:
    Maybe you were too fast. maybe she was not sure about her feelings yet. If you hurry her, she'll step back :eek: and in that case, she will also pretend she never even considered the possibility. It is very common.
  4. Aug 20, 2004 #3

Staff: Mentor

Girls are much more touchie-feely than guys are, even with friends. And what a girl might consider just meaningless flirtation, guys might take as a sign of actual interest. Its not that they are manipulative (in this case), its just that we're not on the same wavelength.
  5. Aug 20, 2004 #4

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

interesting, i always had the opposite problem with boys in my youth...it would seem the more i ignored guys the more they pursued me and the more flirtatious i became with them, the more they wouldn't pick up a clue...
  6. Aug 20, 2004 #5
    It confuses me as well. I have given up on hints and have asked my girlfriend just to tell me what she wants and not to hint it. :biggrin:

The Bob (2004 ©)
  7. Aug 20, 2004 #6

Staff: Mentor

Maybe I was more popular with the ladies in high school than I realized!
  8. Aug 20, 2004 #7
    You were too nice to her. You let her become a "friend." That's where your problem is. You have to let her know you are interested in her, as a sexual partner, long before you become close friends. Don't let her make you into a girlfriend, it will never work out for you. Just become a bit more aggressive, but not to the point of scaring her.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?