Why are other people having more fun than me?

  • Thread starter Reflector
  • Start date
  • #1
49
0
What is it with them that makes them deserve it, while I have to miss out? What am I a spastic? I guess the fun comes in proportion with how much you are above a spastic... but if I know this then how could I be unaware, un-spastic?
 
Last edited:

Answers and Replies

  • #2
140
0
you could consider dropping your victim attitude and approach life with a positive and engaging attitude instead... that almost inevitably leads to fun...
 
  • #3
49
0
Analogy:

Think of a new analogy.

Tom Mattson
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • #4
1,840
209
Wrong forum.
 
  • #5
Tom Mattson
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
5,500
8
This ain't philosophy, so it's going to General Discussion. (You're welcome, Evo! :biggrin: )
 
  • #6
1,840
209
Reflector said:
Analogy:

Think of a new analogy.

Tom Mattson
Ahhh haha. That laugh made everyone look at me :(
 
  • #7
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
7,213
176
Reflector said:
What is it with them that makes them deserve it, while I have to miss out? What am I a spastic? I guess the fun comes in proportion with how much you are above a spastic... but if I know this then how could I be unaware, un-spastic?
Be honest with yourself, be yourself, be patient. Be true to your own spirit and give yourself time to mature. The changes and awards will amaze you! :smile:
 
  • #8
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
11,490
52
Fun doesn't just show up, you have to go after it! It doesn't do any good to sit inside, looking out the window, wondering why the other kids are having fun playing while you're sitting in the window, you have to get up and go outside and join them!
 
  • #9
Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
7,051
18
Moonbear said:
Fun doesn't just show up, you have to go after it! It doesn't do any good to sit inside, looking out the window, wondering why the other kids are having fun playing while you're sitting in the window, you have to get up and go outside and join them!
Another way of saying that :

It doesn't do any good to sit inside, looking out the window, wondering why the other kids are having fun playing while you're sitting inside, looking out the window and wondering why the other kids are having fun playing while you're ...
 
  • #10
382
2
You have to love yourself and be an optimist whatever it is going to take; whatever you are going to do.
 
  • #11
russ_watters
Mentor
19,854
6,276
After 5+ years in a POW camp, the POW's all came to the same conclusion: the only thing completely under your control is what is going on inside your head. Your attitude is what you choose it to be. Choose a positive attitude.
 
  • #12
jimmy p
Gold Member
358
33
I keep myself happy by mercilessly torturing my colleagues and co-workers. I suggest you do that for a giggle. It certainly cheers me up :devil:
 
  • #13
466
2
I think one of your main problems is that you go on the internet and come to a physics forum for advice on how to have fun.
 
  • #14
344
2
Fun is what you make of it. I consider running to be fun. Of course most people think im nuts, but thats beside the point. If you see someone having fun and think it is a fun activity, join in. If, however, you think that what they are doing is suicidal (bungee jumping off of bridges, etc) then find your own meaning of fun. Im having fun right now tinkering with Winamp's downloadable Milkdrop visualization plugin.

View the world in a positive outlook... who knows, maybe the world will give you a positive outlook in return... unless you're screaming for dear life by having fun jumping off of bridges with a synthetic cord sealing your fate :biggrin:.
 
  • #15
wasteofo2 said:
I think one of your main problems is that you go on the internet and come to a physics forum for advice on how to have fun.
it is still anyway better than animals in some jungles which always try to make things clearer by pretending to be like this like that in order to laugh most right behind their veils, or to take the most benefits from naive human beings
 
  • #16
Gza
437
0
I think one of your main problems is that you go on the internet and come to a physics forum for advice on how to have fun.
always speakin truth wasteof02.
 
  • #17
466
2
Just an Asterisk said:
it is still anyway better than animals in some jungles which always try to make things clearer by pretending to be like this like that in order to laugh most right behind their veils, or to take the most benefits from naive human beings
So are you saying posting on a physics forum asking how to have fun is better than going out there and doing stupid/superficial things to laugh? I'm sorry, but the extremely metaphorical stuff lost me quite a bit.

JFruit said:
non, non :wink: i don no bout anything on pf, my physics knolwdege bad. so, i stay in chating forum only, sure for fun. heh, you come to a chting for um for reserch in Creationism :wink:, hmm ?
Still, you're sitting in a chair, logged onto the internet, posting in a phsyics forum, asking people how to have fun, that's a big problem right there.

I'm lost, I came here to learn about a bunch of random physics questions I had, stayed to ask more Biology questions and discuss politics.
 
  • #18
Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
7,051
18
wasteofo2,

You forget : leaving goats hanging upside down from their spidey-silk-milk, is NOT considered engaging in Biological discussion. :wink:
 

Related Threads on Why are other people having more fun than me?

Replies
20
Views
4K
Replies
21
Views
919
Replies
49
Views
2K
  • Last Post
Replies
14
Views
3K
Replies
17
Views
1K
  • Last Post
2
Replies
34
Views
4K
  • Last Post
2
Replies
37
Views
17K
  • Last Post
2
Replies
45
Views
8K
Replies
79
Views
18K
Top