Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Why are other people having more fun than me?

1. Jul 30, 2004 #1
    What is it with them that makes them deserve it, while I have to miss out? What am I a spastic? I guess the fun comes in proportion with how much you are above a spastic... but if I know this then how could I be unaware, un-spastic?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 30, 2004 #2
    you could consider dropping your victim attitude and approach life with a positive and engaging attitude instead... that almost inevitably leads to fun...

4. Jul 30, 2004 #3
    Analogy:

Think of a new analogy.

Tom Mattson

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2004
  5. Jul 30, 2004 #4
    Wrong forum.

6. Jul 30, 2004 #5

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This ain't philosophy, so it's going to General Discussion. (You're welcome, Evo! :biggrin: )

7. Jul 30, 2004 #6
    Ahhh haha. That laugh made everyone look at me :(

8. Jul 30, 2004 #7

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Be honest with yourself, be yourself, be patient. Be true to your own spirit and give yourself time to mature. The changes and awards will amaze you! :smile:

9. Jul 30, 2004 #8

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Fun doesn't just show up, you have to go after it! It doesn't do any good to sit inside, looking out the window, wondering why the other kids are having fun playing while you're sitting in the window, you have to get up and go outside and join them!

10. Jul 30, 2004 #9

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Another way of saying that :

It doesn't do any good to sit inside, looking out the window, wondering why the other kids are having fun playing while you're sitting inside, looking out the window and wondering why the other kids are having fun playing while you're ...

11. Aug 1, 2004 #10
    You have to love yourself and be an optimist whatever it is going to take; whatever you are going to do.

12. Aug 2, 2004 #11

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

After 5+ years in a POW camp, the POW's all came to the same conclusion: the only thing completely under your control is what is going on inside your head. Your attitude is what you choose it to be. Choose a positive attitude.

13. Aug 2, 2004 #12

jimmy p

Gold Member

I keep myself happy by mercilessly torturing my colleagues and co-workers. I suggest you do that for a giggle. It certainly cheers me up :devil:

14. Aug 6, 2004 #13
    I think one of your main problems is that you go on the internet and come to a physics forum for advice on how to have fun.

15. Aug 6, 2004 #14
    Fun is what you make of it. I consider running to be fun. Of course most people think im nuts, but thats beside the point. If you see someone having fun and think it is a fun activity, join in. If, however, you think that what they are doing is suicidal (bungee jumping off of bridges, etc) then find your own meaning of fun. Im having fun right now tinkering with Winamp's downloadable Milkdrop visualization plugin.

View the world in a positive outlook... who knows, maybe the world will give you a positive outlook in return... unless you're screaming for dear life by having fun jumping off of bridges with a synthetic cord sealing your fate :biggrin:.

16. Aug 6, 2004 #15
    it is still anyway better than animals in some jungles which always try to make things clearer by pretending to be like this like that in order to laugh most right behind their veils, or to take the most benefits from naive human beings

17. Aug 6, 2004 #16

Gza

always speakin truth wasteof02.

18. Aug 7, 2004 #17
    So are you saying posting on a physics forum asking how to have fun is better than going out there and doing stupid/superficial things to laugh? I'm sorry, but the extremely metaphorical stuff lost me quite a bit.

Still, you're sitting in a chair, logged onto the internet, posting in a phsyics forum, asking people how to have fun, that's a big problem right there.

I'm lost, I came here to learn about a bunch of random physics questions I had, stayed to ask more Biology questions and discuss politics.

19. Aug 7, 2004 #18

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

wasteofo2,

You forget : leaving goats hanging upside down from their spidey-silk-milk, is NOT considered engaging in Biological discussion. :wink:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?