Making Science Friends: What Brings You Here?

• Thread starter ScienceGurl
  • Start date
In summary: I could be totally off-base here.Who knows? I just wanted to say hi and see if any of you knew where my car keys were.In summary, this person is here looking for their car keys.
ZapperZ said:
Er.. the Chuck Norris of physicist? I'm not sure how to take that. Should I start selling an exercise equipment on infomercials as well? :)

Zz.

That depends... do you have a hot blonde friend willing to help you make the infomercial? :)

Physics news on Phys.org
Evo said:
You mean you're not getting paid for the "Ab Zapper"?

LOL! That's what I want to know!

Evo said:
You mean you're not getting paid for the "Ab Zapper"?

Nope, not a single cent. Can you believe that? I should sue.

Zz.

RetardedBastard said:
That depends... do you have a hot blonde friend willing to help you make the infomercial? :)

Hey, as long as I get my royalties for the sales too, sure, I'll help him with his infomercial. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Hey, as long as I get my royalties for the sales too, sure, I'll help him with his infomercial. :biggrin:

I don't think I'm doing this incline bench exercise correctly, could you people help me miss zapper'z hot blonde friend? :)

I came for physics and math help in high school...I'm in my 3rd year of university now and just never left. It is nice here :)

Someone told me that they gave you free einstein facemasks and beer, so I joined and was i totally fooled or what.

I though everyone came for the fish...

I'll have mine crumbled with a nice serving of chips, togo. thanks

I'm here as a science enthusiast (what we science nerds call ourselves). I have no formal training in science since high school, but I've read a lot over the quarter century since then.

I'm not really sure why I came here in the beginning. I think it was through some random google search with a problem I was having. I visited very infrequently to begin with, but then started helping out in the HH forums, whilst reading a lot of interesting information in the other forums.

Oh, and the fish of course. I don't recall ever being given any fish, though :cry: I think it's probably because I didn't venture into GD until a good few months after I joined!

<wham>

Ha, there is no escaping your fish inauguration, you just never know when it will strike. :devil:

That was striped sea bass, btw, nothing but the best for you. :smile:

Evo said:
I though everyone came for the fish...

fish? Wait is this some sort of aquarium that we're in right now :bugeye:

Evo said:
<wham>

Ha, there is no escaping your fish inauguration, you just never know when it will strike. :devil:

That was striped sea bass, btw, nothing but the best for you. :smile:

Cool! I like how it left stripes on him! :rofl:

Damn, I thought I'd have avoided the fish with being here nearly a year now! Ahh, well, at least I know it won't strike again. Thanks for the top notch fish though; I feel very privileged!

cristo said:
I feel very privileged!

I would feel somewhat abassed :biggrin: *drums bu-dum-pum-tss* anyone? ... abassed? ... no? ... *awkward silence* ...

moe darklight said:
I would feel somewhat abassed :biggrin: *drums bu-dum-pum-tss*

anyone? ... abassed? ... no? ... *awkward silence* ...

Wow, there'll be about a day's awkward silence after that! :wink:

http://www.thecenternetwork.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/tumbleweed.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
tough crowd :cool:

*groan*

I stumbled in here one day a week or so after I graduated high school, so I was kinda in your position, ScienceGurl. Now, I'm in my 3rd year of university, and I still can't get enough of this forum! Enjoy your stay!

I'm looking for my cat. I remember putting it in a box... :rofl:

When I'm tired of studying, having difficulty studying or otherwise have newly created free time, I find that it is better to come here as opposed to playing video games.

This is the best forum to relate to a math/physics major trying to keep their thoughts focused on the subject.

1: Knitting with dog hair was too difficult.

2: I was looking for a chili recipe that would singe eyebrow hair while leaving the tongue intact.

3: The willingness of so many to answer questions from the uninformed, rather than ridicule them for their lack of knowledge.

4: The hope that someone will invent a personal force field for Evo.

ScienceGurl said:
Helloo! So I was wondering, since I'm new here, are all of you guys on here because you are studying some sort of science at college or is it because you really like science (just like me) or...? :) I'd like to make friends who really like Science just as much as me. :approve:

A girl on the net who likes science? As if ;-).

On a serious note I love science, which is why I'm here ;-).

My god this thread made me wonder why I came here so I looked up some of my first posts, I sincerely hope I am not as much of an arrogant brat (anyone reading up my first posts will see what i mean :( ).

I think I came across this place when looking for a solution to a maths question, and have never left it because its got so many cool people who are willing to help and are interested in the same things as me :D

Kudaros said:
When I'm tired of studying, having difficulty studying or otherwise have newly created free time, I find that it is better to come here as opposed to playing video games.

This is the best forum to relate to a math/physics major trying to keep their thoughts focused on the subject.

Do you just read and never post? Because You've been a member for more than a year, you have only 4 posts and You've contributed to the website. Not that there's anything wrong with that :P

I'm here just trying to expose myself to much more intelligent people, hoping that their mannerisms and professionalism will rub off on me. Biggest lesson I need to learn is to recognize how ignorant I really am, and become serious about learning.

But only for as long as they'll put up with me. :tongue:

Mallignamius said:
I'm here just trying to expose myself to much more intelligent people, hoping that their mannerisms and professionalism will rub off on me. Biggest lesson I need to learn is to recognize how ignorant I really am, and become serious about learning.

But only for as long as they'll put up with me. :tongue:
We'll put up with you until you start exposing yourself, hoping something will rub off... :biggrin:

Ohhh--another reason I came to the forum---

I was hoping that someone may have posted one of the answers to a contest:

http://www.claymath.org/millennium/

or

http://www.gravitation.org/Institute_of_Gravity_Research/Contact/Goede_Prize/goede_prize.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't remember why i came here, but i know i stayed because this site appeals to my interests (the knowledge, the people, the whole place...).

DaveC426913 said:
We'll put up with you until you start exposing yourself, hoping something will rub off... :biggrin:

Eeyeah... :rofl: