Why is this website a great resource for learning about physics and space?

• Thread starter Lisa!
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around how each person found Physics Forums. Some were looking for answers to questions, others stumbled upon it while searching for something else, and some were dared to check it out. There was also a discussion about the founder of PF and how it all began.
Moonbear said:
Well, now someone really can find us by typing in that search string thanks to this post. :rofl:

Maybe the google spiders haven't caught it yet, but I'm not coming up with PF when I type in that search.

Physics news on Phys.org
loseyourname said:
I'm not coming up with PF when I type in that search.
Me neither, but I got some interesting stuff when I entered it without quotes.

Perhaps changing it from 'Chicks' to "Women" would help, after all, chicks should bring up either KFC or "The chicken farmers of the World assoc" right? {or left?}

I must have been looking for something, but what was it...??

cefarix said:
And here's the real story of why I'm here.

Night was falling in the Amazon rainforest as I and my tribal guide trekked ever closer to the foreboding Temple of Death. I saw my guide trembling with fear at an exponential rate as we got ever nearer to that dreaded place. We should never have gone there. As soon as the orange sun winked below the horizon yonder, the day murmuring of the rainforest died and gave birth to an ever increasing cacophony of other-worldly and dreadful animal sounds. There were howls and yelps, and long mournful bellows...beckoning the sane mind to abandon all hope. And yet we were insane, so we kept on going, our clothes full of leeches, mosquitoes, blood smears and thick smelly sweat. As we trekked into that final clearing surrounding the Temple of Death, we knelt upon the ground in humbleness, and offered our left pinky to the gods for safe passage into the underworld. Then with the strength of a thousand oxen, we staggered into the Entrance of the Temple of Death. It was a vast and powerful room, completely empty, with a small door at the opposite end. As we admired the completely square architecture, the door opened. Oh, how I regret that moment now. It was beckoning us, seducing us...into...that quagmire of ultimate suffering. We walked on, complete cows to the imminent danger. As we stepped through that ghastly door, we were met not by solid ground beneath our feet, but a vast, undescribable emptiness. It sucked all emotion from us, and filled us back with guilt and sadness and horror and terror all mixed together. We were falling, falling into nothing, always expecting, and always being disappointed. It was like a mental roller coaster, hope would enter your mind, then a minute later as you still fell, it would be replaced with despair. Then as you slowed down hope would enter again, and yet again you would speed up into the eternal abyss... Finally we saw a dim glow. We felt it first as warmth. Then it became hot. And finally we comprehended what it was: the amalgamation of all the asses of physics put together...burning and burning and burning for being wrong. And we were going to fall in it. We had abandoned all hope. Then, all of a sudden, we stopped falling and The Great Mouse appeared in front of us. She asked us if we wanted to stop believing in physics as we know it and learn true physics. My guide didn't know what physics was, so he was eternally damned. I saw his body disintegrate, and the pieces fall, and yet the pieces were all alive...and they still are. Suffering eternal damnation for ignorance. So I told The Great Mouse, "Yes!". And even before the word was out, I breathed the cool refreshing air of PF.
...And not by searching google for "hot nude science chicks," huh.

Fly FREE!

Andy said:
I was rather bored on rainy day back in march 2003 and decided i would come here for a laugh.
Only problem is i have never been able to get away from here.
oh and i had some crazy question about ducks quack and whether it echo's or not?
And with a <*<POOF>*> (of magic) Andy is set free, fly my little one, fly :tongue2: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
LD
Pardonné Mon Humor .. .. ..O.K.?

And I thought you'all didn't have any personality...shame on me! All semantics and no fun...I was wrong. I came in a door and saw emptiness, but now I have reached the fun room! I came to PF for serious answers...and now I am having fun!

dduardo suggested this site, when i was trying to get a science section on www.neowin.net so when i joined i thought i'd contribute by posting two guides for computers and donate and be a contributer! I don't know a lot about physics, space, gravity, etc... but i come here to learn and spacetiger, turbo-1, garth, marcus, astronuc, and others make this site awesome, i don't post much here for the simple fact that i don't know much, I am just a curious noobie. but thanks for this great site.

/me kisses the internet