Why are you voting for George W Bush?

• News
  • Thread starter cragwolf
  • Start date
onegermanbeerglass
(Find my counter-post for Kerry in the Why are you voting for Kerry thread)

Pro-Bush Reasoning:
1. Better, more stable economic growth, inlcuging gloablly.
2. Supports small business better.
3. Better plans for advancing, not just funding, education.

Anti-Kerry Reasoning:
1. He can't logistically do what he says he will, unknown stance.
2. Lacks understanding of economics.
3. Debt with eventually crash our economy.

graphic7
Gold Member
onegermanbeerglass said:
2. Lacks understanding of economics.
You should've seen a show on ABC this morning with George Stephanopalous (sp.). One of the many interviews George conducted this morning involved the campaign leaders of both Kerry and Bush. One question went somewhere along the lines of "What do you plan to do with the deficit, there's only 3 things you can do - raise taxes, decrease funding, or let the deficit keep increasing?". The question was targeted towards the Bush campaign leader who did not give an answer, even George stopped him 30 seconds into his response and told him to answer the question.

The Bush campaign has no plan for the economy, they said so this morning. With that said, they are still searching for one.

You should rephrase your statement to something like, "Anti - Bush 2. still searching for plan for the economy".

Last edited:
onegermanbeerglass
Well, Bush has stated his plan for the deficit. It involves growing the economy and controlling discretionary spending by congress.

My problem with Kerry's economics is that you cannot retract from global economics by avoiding outsourcing, without cutting off the insourcing of jobs.

"Foreign firms now account for 6% of U.S. jobs vs. 3% in 1987. They also produce 20% of U.S. exports." (IBD 10/20/04)

Further, his job creation initiative falls short, just by doing the math. For every worker hired at $40,000, a firm would save $3,060 in taxes, and only for the years of 2005 and 2006 under Kerry's "New Jobs Tax Credit" plan. (Incidentally, this plan is almost identical to one from the Carter Administration that also failed).

Additionally, increasing the taxes on small businesses (or returning them to their old rates) when 70-80% of new jobs are coming from small businesses, is harmful to job growth.

Lastly, if you listen to what Kerry says, he is unhappy with our slow growth steady economy and wants a faster growing economy. This is dangerous and reckless economics when the Fed. Interest Rate is so low.

Fast paced economic growth is likely to yield a fast inflation. If inflation rises significantly faster then the the Fed. Interest Rate, you run the risk of panicking the market or creating an over-valued market which will later crash. The result is a recession. Worse yet, if the Interest Rate hasn't increased enough during that time, the recession can become a depression, as the interest rate is the easiest and quickest way to protect against or dimish a recession (Props to my Man: Mr. Greenspan, for his quick witted 2000 actions, puttin' a cap in that recessions a$$).

Also, if the Interest Rate increases too fast, consumers will cut personal spending and investment levels will drop. The result is a crashing market and recession (possible depression). This can get even worse by a diminished job market due to reduction of investments.

On the topic of insourcing/sourcing jobs, consider the value of making the U.S. tax code simpler and more attractive to foreign investment instead of Kerry's further complication of the tax code.

"To make the tax code more complicated rather than less complicated is probably not good policy....More and more countries around the world are moving to more transparent and less complicated tax systems." Matthew Slaughter of the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth, sho further went on to point out that the U.S. should focus more on insourcing by foreign firms, which pay U.S. workers 31% more on average than domestic businesses.

I do agree however, that the deficit and debt are big problems for both candidates. Neither has a legitimate plan to correct the problem. More over, Kerry would be just as spendy, if not more so, as Bush, given his litany of plans.

Dont bee fooled by misusing of the religion people.W bush is doing that.
every War is bringing you As many enemy as the five time more
the world is now in the to parts one with america another against it choose a president who would try to make friend with another countries not only Allies bu´t also neutrals

Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Microburst said:
LOL! .... But seriously we never interfered in Iran Iraq war to the degree we did in that stupid gulf [protect the oil] war. Zantra you know it was wrong now admit it.... I mean really who cares? why do we go there man if not for oil??

Bush and Cheney team reminds me of the cartoon Pinky and the Brain. Cheney being the brain of course….
What ?? :eek: You can't be serious ??!!

If Zantra's wrong on this, so were the UN, NATO and all the heads the every one of the 30 odd countries that participated and the dozens more that supported the War.

So far, you (and Kerry ?) are the only ones to object to Desert Storm.

Microburst said:
LOL! .... But seriously we never interfered in Iran Iraq war to the degree we did in that stupid gulf [protect the oil] war. Zantra you know it was wrong now admit it.... I mean really who cares? why do we go there man if not for oil??

Bush and Cheney team reminds me of the cartoon Pinky and the Brain. Cheney being the brain of course….
If you save a guy's life because only he knows the password to your swiss bank account with your life savings in it, does that make it wrong to save him?