Why can I not post in the thoery section?

• Thread starter Gara
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the guidelines for discussion in the physics forum, where speculative discussions are not allowed and will be moved to a separate subforum. Users are only allowed to reply to posts in the subforum, not create new ones. The conversation also mentions the option for users to post their own silly theories in their private journals. The conversation ends with friendly banter between members.
Gara
Am I missing something?

Physics news on Phys.org
There are many open questions in physics, and we welcome discussion on those subjects provided the discussion remains intellectually sound. Posts or threads of an overly speculative nature will be moved to the Theory Development subforum without notice, where discussion may continue in quarantine.

So we can reply to posts there, but not create posts?

Thanks for your quick responsiveness.

That's correct Gara.

Gara said:
So we can reply to posts there, but not create posts?

:rofl:

So a simple way to create a post there is to tell very silly things anywhere else ?

:wink:

cheers,
Patrick.

vanesch said:
:rofl:

So a simple way to create a post there is to tell very silly things anywhere else ?

:wink:

Yes, and members can also post any silly, little theories in their own private journals.

Last edited:
This thread itself is very silly...off to theory!

Loren, you're a gem. :smile:

You're not so rough yourself, Evo.

1. Why am I not allowed to post in the theory section?

The theory section is reserved for posts that are based on scientific evidence and research. If your post does not meet these criteria, it will not be allowed in that section.

2. Can I post my personal theories in the theory section?

No, the theory section is for established scientific theories and hypotheses that have been extensively researched and tested. Personal theories do not meet this criteria and should be shared in a different section.

3. What types of posts are allowed in the theory section?

The theory section is reserved for posts related to scientific theories and hypotheses, as well as discussions and critiques of these theories. This can include new research, evidence, and debates among scientists.

4. How can I get my post approved for the theory section?

Your post must be based on established scientific evidence and research, and should contribute to the discussion and advancement of scientific knowledge. Make sure to cite your sources and provide well-reasoned arguments to support your post.

5. What should I do if I have questions about a specific theory or hypothesis?

If you have questions about a specific theory or hypothesis, you can post them in the theory section and engage in discussions with other scientists. You can also do further research and consult with experts in the field to gain a better understanding.