Why can't i get values in my data table in ansys maxwell?

In summary, the speaker is new to Ansys Maxwell and successfully verified their model for wireless power transfer, but is experiencing issues with creating a data table. Possible reasons for this could be incorrect simulation setup or convergence problems. Seeking assistance from Ansys support may be helpful in resolving the issue.
slowstart_moron
i'm quite new to ansys maxwell and i was trying to simulate coils for wireless power transfer for my project. after watching some tutorials, i was able to verify my model and actually got all checks but when i try to create data table there were no values inside ... does anyone know why is this happening?

Engineering news on Phys.org

Hello! I am also a scientist and have some experience with Ansys Maxwell. It sounds like you have successfully verified your model, which is great. However, the issue with the data table may be due to a few different reasons.

First, make sure that you have properly set up your simulation and that all necessary parameters have been defined. This includes things like material properties, boundary conditions, and solver settings. If any of these are missing or incorrect, it could result in an empty data table.

Another possibility is that your simulation is not converging properly. This can happen if your mesh is too coarse or if there are errors in your geometry. Check your convergence criteria and try refining your mesh to see if that helps.

If none of these solutions work, it may be helpful to reach out to the Ansys support team for further assistance. They may be able to provide more specific guidance based on your particular model and simulation setup. Good luck with your project!

1. Why am I not seeing any values in my data table in Ansys Maxwell?

This could be due to a few reasons. First, make sure that you have selected the correct data type in your data table. For example, if you are looking for magnetic field values, make sure you have selected "Magnetic Field" in your data table. Additionally, check to see if you have selected the correct region or object in your simulation setup. If you have multiple regions or objects, you may need to specify which one you want to view data for.

2. How can I add more data points to my data table in Ansys Maxwell?

To add more data points to your data table, you can increase the number of steps in your simulation setup. This will result in more data being recorded and displayed in your data table. Alternatively, you can also manually add data points by right-clicking on the data table and selecting "Add Data Points."

3. Why are my data values in Ansys Maxwell different from what I expected?

There could be a few reasons why your data values are different from what you expected. First, check to see if your simulation setup and material properties are accurate. Incorrect inputs can result in inaccurate data outputs. Additionally, make sure you are using the correct units for your data. Ansys Maxwell offers a variety of unit options, so double check that you are using the right ones for your simulation.

4. Can I export my data table from Ansys Maxwell to another program?

Yes, you can export your data table from Ansys Maxwell to other programs. To do this, right-click on the data table and select "Export Data." You can then choose the file format you want to export to, such as CSV or Excel. This allows you to analyze your data further in other programs.

5. Is there a way to customize my data table in Ansys Maxwell?

Yes, there are several ways to customize your data table in Ansys Maxwell. You can change the units, add or remove data columns, and rearrange the order of the data columns. Additionally, you can change the display settings to show data values in scientific notation or with a specific number of decimal places. Right-click on the data table and select "Display Options" to access these customization options.