Can't Post Links? Read Here to Find Out Why

• Thread starter ME_student
  • Start date
In summary, users on the forum are not able to post links until they have made at least 10 posts. This rule is in place to prevent spam. However, posts made in the lounge section do not count towards this requirement. This rule has been effective in reducing spam. A user was unsure if they would ever be able to post links, but it was clarified that they just need to make more posts outside of the lounge. Additionally, the user expressed enthusiasm for a thread they wanted to create about hobbies, but was unsure if they could include pictures. The term "PF" was also clarified to stand for Physics Forums.
ME_student
As the title says, "Why can't I post links?" Every time I try to post a link of some sort it says I must have at least 10 post before I can post a link.

Why?? I have more than 10 post, but it only says I have 7 for some reason...

Physics news on Phys.org
Posts in the lounge don't count. We have a 10 post limit to discourage spammers. It has been extremely successful.

Evo said:
Posts in the lounge don't count. We have a 10 post limit to discourage spammers. It has been extremely successful.

Oh nice.:smile:

So I am assuming I will never have the qualifications to post links?

I was making a thread in the general discussion area called "Hobbies you enjoy doing (please include pictures)." I wanted to post a few pictures I uploaded in photobucket, wanted to share with you all the things I enjoy doing such as working on my truck and wheeling it.

ME_student said:
So I am assuming I will never have the qualifications to post links?

You just need more posts outside of the PF Lounge, that's all.

Evo said:

I loved this idea!

PF lounge? Physics Forum?

Yes, PF stands for Physics Forums. Go to the main page and see names of the sections.

1. What is the reason for not being able to post links?

The main reason for not being able to post links is to prevent spam and malicious content from being shared on platforms. This measure helps to maintain the safety and security of users.

2. Can I ever post links on a platform?

Yes, most platforms have specific guidelines and rules for posting links. If you follow these guidelines and ensure that the link you are sharing is relevant and safe, you can post links on the platform.

3. How can I avoid my links from being flagged as spam?

To avoid your links from being flagged as spam, make sure to only post relevant and reputable links. Avoid posting the same link multiple times and do not post links in bulk. It is also important to engage with the community and not solely focus on sharing links.

4. Is there a way to appeal if my link was flagged as spam?

Yes, most platforms have an appeals process where you can explain the reason for your link being flagged and provide evidence to support its relevance and safety. However, the decision to reinstate the link ultimately lies with the platform.

5. Can I post any type of link on a platform?

No, most platforms have restrictions on the type of links that can be posted. Links containing illegal or inappropriate content will not be allowed. It is important to carefully read the platform's guidelines before posting any links.