Can I Only See My Posts on the Newly Opened Theme if I'm Logged In?

• Thread starter Hir
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses an issue with newly opened themes on a forum. It is noted that if a user is not logged in, they cannot see the new posts immediately. However, if they use a different browser without a login account, they can see all posts without issue. The conversation also mentions the possibility of a delay before new posts become visible and the need for further investigation by the forum programmers. The thread is then closed.
Hir
Newly opened theme, if you don't log in, you can't see it?

Physics news on Phys.org
If you are reading logged out I've noticed that there is sometimes a delay before new posts become visible. I don't know why.

Likes russ_watters
If you use a different browser, a browser without a login account, and enter from the forum, you cannot see your own posts.

Hir said:
If you use a different browser, a browser without a login account, and enter from the forum, you cannot see your own posts.
Uhm,... what ARE your own posts if you are INCOGNITO?

Use the URL or browse and everything will be fine.

Likes Vanadium 50
You are right! I checked it now. We will investigate this. Thanks for reporting it.

fresh_42 said:
You are right! I checked it now. We will investigate this. Thanks for reporting it.
I can see all posts without problem in another browser I am not logged into.

DrClaude said:
Yep, me to.

DrClaude said:
See my report about the phenomenon.

It makes currently no sense to discuss this on 2 different levels, especially as we can't do much about it now.
So again: Thanks, @Hir for reporting. We will probably add a bug report for the programmers of this software.

If you wait a bit longer between logging out and checking your posts incognito (an hour or two), then there probably won't be a problem.

This thread is now closed.

1. Can I view the newly opened theme if I am not logged in?

No, you will need to be logged in to view the newly opened theme. This is to ensure the security and privacy of your posts.

2. Will my posts be visible to everyone if I am logged in?

No, your posts will only be visible to you and other users who are logged in to the newly opened theme. They will not be visible to the general public.

3. Can I change the privacy settings for my posts on the newly opened theme?

Yes, you can change the privacy settings for your posts on the newly opened theme. You can choose to make them visible to everyone, only to your friends, or only to yourself.

4. Will I be able to see other users' posts on the newly opened theme?

Yes, you will be able to see other users' posts on the newly opened theme as long as they have not set their privacy settings to only themselves.

5. Can I access the newly opened theme on any device?

Yes, you can access the newly opened theme on any device as long as you are logged in. This includes desktop computers, laptops, tablets, and smartphones.