Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Why did I receive an infraction?

1. Jun 4, 2007 #1
    I haven't logged on to this site for a while, and only today noticed that one of my previous posts receieved an infraction. What does that mean? It looks like it's something bad but there doesn't seem to be any information about it on the site.

I'd really like to know what I did wrong in the post so I know for the future. Here's the post: https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?p=1256912#post1256912

Last edited: Jun 4, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 4, 2007 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You should have received a private message explaining the reason at the time it was issued. I will send you a new private message with the text of that copied to you. In the future, contact the mentor who issued the infraction directly rather than ask in the main forums. There's no need to make such things a public discussion, especially when it's a minor issue like this one is.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?