Why did you choose this Career?

• Thread starter momais
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Career
In summary: However, I am currently applying for a scholarship that is important to me and not based on financial need. In summary, I have chosen sonography as my intended career because I have a personal connection to it through my brother-in-law and I am passionate about healthcare and helping others. I have also sought assistance from a writing center to improve my essay, which needs to be a short story and focus more on my personal reasoning for choosing sonography. Additionally, I may need to revise my essay to better convey my own thoughts and experiences rather than just background history. Finally, I am aware of the need to improve my grammar and clarity in my writing.
momais
What is your current career?
Why and how did you choose it? Was it your only choice? Was there any chance for you to choose between 2 or more jobs?

Please visit Link and leave your reply

< url / link deleted>

Thank you,

You're welcome :tongue2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
kamsom2009 said:
I am applying for a scholarship that is very important to me and is not based on financial need. So the essay is a make-or-break deal.
If you're already going to a school, see if you've got a writing center on campus. If so, vist and have a tutor work with you on the piece.

a) Even at 250 words, it needs to be a short story. The way you've currently got it structured, you're dropping the story half way through. You need to bring
"Words like "diastolic dysfunction" and "dilated cardiomyopathy" are no longer foreign to me, and I could not be happier. "
back to sonography, which should take a sentence or a couple more words.
b) You're really thin on the answer to "why sonography?". You spend 2/3rds of the essay on the background history, and then give your brother-in-law background as the answer. There needs to be more you, even if you have to condense some of the history.
c) You probably can cut the first or first two paragraphs and start at the third if you need the words. Figure out what information the scholarship committee will see anyway on a different form or in a different essay.
d) You've got to clean up the grammar. Even assuming the readers will make allowances because you're an ESL speaker (and that's a big if), some of your sentences are so awkward they're hurting your clarity.
e) This probably isn't the correct thread to ask your question.

What is your current career?Why and how did you choose it? Was it your only choice? Was there any chance for you to choose between 2 or more jobs?
I don't have a career, as I'm still a student.

Last edited:

I am always fascinated by the world around us and the endless possibilities for discovery and advancement. I chose this career because I have a deep passion for understanding the natural world and using my knowledge to make a positive impact on society.

My current career is in the field of biochemistry, specializing in drug development. I was drawn to this field because of its potential to improve people's lives and contribute to the advancement of medicine. I also enjoy the interdisciplinary nature of biochemistry, as it combines elements of biology, chemistry, and physics.

Choosing this career was not my only option, as I had considered other fields such as physics and engineering. However, after exploring different areas and taking courses in various subjects, I realized that biochemistry was the perfect fit for me. I was also fortunate to have mentors and professors who encouraged and supported my interest in this field.

While there were multiple options available to me, I ultimately chose biochemistry because it aligned with my interests and strengths. I believe it is important to pursue a career that you are passionate about and that allows you to use your skills and knowledge to make a difference.

1. Why did you choose to become a scientist?

I have always been fascinated by the natural world and have a strong curiosity for understanding how things work. I also enjoy problem-solving and conducting experiments, so a career in science was a perfect fit for me.

2. What influenced your decision to pursue a career in science?

Growing up, I was exposed to various scientific fields through books, documentaries, and hands-on activities. These experiences sparked my interest and passion for science, leading me to choose it as my career path.

3. What do you enjoy the most about being a scientist?

The most enjoyable aspect of being a scientist is the constant opportunity to learn and discover new things. Every day is a new challenge and I get to use my creativity and critical thinking skills to find solutions.

4. What skills are essential for a successful career in science?

Some essential skills for a successful career in science include critical thinking, attention to detail, problem-solving, communication, and a strong work ethic. These skills allow scientists to analyze data, draw conclusions, and effectively communicate their findings.

5. What advice do you have for someone considering a career in science?

My advice would be to never stop learning and stay curious. Science is constantly evolving, so it's important to stay updated with the latest research and techniques. It's also important to find a field that truly interests you and to never give up, even when faced with challenges.