Why do girl play these stupid games? (kind of long)

• Thread starter offtheleft
  • Start date
JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Maybe, he should learn to reject people.
I'll rephrase that for you.

He should learn to get rejected by people.

im sure there is a lot of things i need to learn, im still young and dumb. the main problem was the fact that i liked the girl. and when in description i said i was "mad," "irritated," "livid," etc.. dont think i was going home and hitting my pillow because i was mad, not in that sense anyway.

im okay with rejection, especially when its flat out. like i said, i dont like to play games. if you reject me, just fuxking do it. why do i have to play a game for two weeks just to find out youre not interested? thats the thing that irritates me. young i am, immature i am not. so when someone acts like a high school sophomore, especially someone close to a year older than me it legitimately pisses me off.

Pyrrhus
Homework Helper
I agree with JasonRox and Cyrus. He needs to learn to be rejected, forget about the boyfriend thing (some girls are so insecure they won't finish a relationship until they find another guy), and understand most people are insecure (assume it until unproven).

The solution to all these "problems" is abundance of women in your romantic life. If one girl is busy one day, you have others to ask.

Good Luck.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Maybe you should re-read the paragraph where he described the situation.
Yeah, she said she was busy with homework and was going to stay in...then decided to run out for a donut, or maybe coffee (that's what Dunkin Donuts sells). So what? Maybe she needed a little more caffeine and sugar to get through her late night of working and studying. He's assuming that because she took a short break for a snack that she had the time to spend the whole evening with him. He didn't say she showed up with four other friends just coming back from a club or the movies. Even if she likes him, she's allowed to want to spend a night without him doing her own thing.

im okay with rejection, especially when its flat out. like i said, i dont like to play games. if you reject me, just fuxking do it. why do i have to play a game for two weeks just to find out youre not interested? thats the thing that irritates me. young i am, immature i am not. so when someone acts like a high school sophomore, especially someone close to a year older than me it legitimately pisses me off.
That's ironic, because actually you're the one acting like a highschool sophmore here (no offense). (1) You need to be able to take a hint. (2) No where in what I read in your description did I get the feeling she was rejecting you. (3) Never expect anyone to flat out reject you in the future.

Give credit where credit is due. This girl know what she's doing and you fell for it hook line and sinker. She was very sophisticated in how she treated your relationship. You treated it as simple black and white - which it's never going to be.

Last edited:
Evo
Mentor
Lighten up on the poor guy. He saw what she was doing, but he liked her. It's not always so easy when your emotions are involved.

Averagesupernova
Science Advisor
Gold Member
My 2 cents: He is going to have to 'grow up' as some of you put it sooner or later. What he is going through is all part of the process. He won't get there by people on this forum sugar coating stuff. I would say that she is better off without him also. If he is having a fit about this in this point of the game what is he going to be like later on if she gives in to him? What she does to him may or may not be right but OP, you need some thicker skin. Don't worry, you'll get there.