Why do girls think everyone wants them all the time?

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Time
In summary: I thought until I started observing people here. There are a lot of people out there that are caught up in this "game" and it's not a good thing. It's just a matter of time before somebody gets hurt.this is just too funny, women (and I am sure men too) have better things to do than scheme and plot to "net"...or at least that is what I thought until I started observing people here. There are a lot of people out there that are caught up in this "game" and it's not a good thing. It's just a matter of time before somebody gets hurt.
tribdog
Have you noticed that some of the little girls on here spend most of their time in "hidden" mode? they claim to be offline, but all of a sudden pop up in some thread. I don't want to name any names buy I think Evo and hypatia might know who I'm talking about.

Physics news on Phys.org
I would understand that this is a effective protection against potential stalkers, of which I don't want to name any names either.

I'm probably the most dangerous potential stalker on PF and I'm still pretty harmless

tribdog said:
Have you noticed that some of the little girls on here spend most of their time in "hidden" mode?

Really? I haven't noticed such behaviour!

Umm, maybe because everyone does want us, duh! :wink:

Why do girls [on PF, I presume] think everyone wants them all the time? Consider two things:

1. The Law of Supply and Demand.
2. The ratio of males to females in physics.

The girls on PF are probably correct in their assumption.

HA! PF has girls coming out of it's ears. There are almost as many girls as boys here. You just don't notice them as much because they aren't as smart as the boys.

tribdog said:
HA! PF has girls coming out of it's ears. There are almost as many girls as boys here. You just don't notice them as much because they aren't as smart as the boys.

does it make you feel better to believe that? At the end of the day the reality is that boys are much more sexual than girls. While we have all sorts of random things going on in our heads, boys have one major theme on the brain. Its therefore not that unrealistic for girls to think that boys are wanting them, since somewhere one probably is.

fileen said:
At the end of the day the reality is that boys are much more sexual than girls. While we have all sorts of random things going on in our heads, boys have one major theme on the brain.

Do you have any evidence for this?

Nice try tribdog. I'm invisible because I like sneaking around the forum.

:eek: GIRLS?? WHERE??

I WANT THEM!

fileen said:
At the end of the day the reality is that boys are much more sexual than girls.

Actually, the complete opposite is true.

I could easily come up with all the evidence to show you this, but I'm too turned on to type right now: Tribdog says there are hidden girls lurking around here!

Guys WANT women and they are pretty brazen in the pursuit, though embarrassed and awkward in the end (dog catches car). Women WANT guys, make plans, scheme and use strategy to enhance their choices. There are very few guys that have "caught" women that haven't swum into their net before being selected.

The ladies have this game rigged.

moe darklight said:
:eek: GIRLS?? WHERE??

I WANT THEM!

Q.E.D.

Actually, the complete opposite is true.

I could easily come up with all the evidence to show you this, but I'm too turned on to type right now: Tribdog says there are hidden girls lurking around here!

:rofl:

Tribdog is just annoyed that they like sneaking around behind him and shouting, "BOO!" and then run away giggling when he jumps and hits his head. :biggrin:

As for me, I'm not invisible. That's because I'm a woman, not a girl, and I don't think everyone wants me all the time, I KNOW they want me all the time. One has to oblige their fans. :biggrin:

cristo said:
Really? I haven't noticed such behaviour!

They have stars by their name to you :tongue:. MIH and Evo are guilty, but so is Gokul and he's a man as far as I was aware. Shooting Star liked to be invisible when he was around as does Zz sometimes as far as I can recall. So its not just the ladies.

tribdog is just aggravated because he can't tell when the people he's stalking are online. :tongue:

I have no trouble. I guess that's because I can see their computers through their windows though.

Kurdt said:
I have no trouble. I guess that's because I can see their computers through their windows though.

:rofl: Good thing I read that now and not while drinking my coffee in the morning!

turbo-1 said:
Guys WANT women and they are pretty brazen in the pursuit, though embarrassed and awkward in the end (dog catches car). Women WANT guys, make plans, scheme and use strategy to enhance their choices. There are very few guys that have "caught" women that haven't swum into their net before being selected.

The ladies have this game rigged.

:rofl: this is just too funny, women (and I am sure men too) have better things to do than scheme and plot to "net" someone

LightbulbSun said:
Do you have any evidence for this?

only experience. I live with three guys, and no matter what anyone says, men and women are different. After discussing these topics with some good male friends its a conclusion I have come to.

fileen said:
only experience. I live with three guys, and no matter what anyone says, men and women are different. After discussing these topics with some good male friends its a conclusion I have come to.
It's good to know that three particular men and one particular woman can accurately represent the entirety of mankind.

(Wait... are you suggesting that all women are essentially the same?)

Hurkyl said:
It's good to know that three particular men and one particular woman can accurately represent the entirety of mankind.

(Wait... are you suggesting that all women are essentially the same?)

haha well played. Its possible, I know not all guys are the same but I do know that men are different hormonally from women. For example testosterone can be stimulated through the central nervous system in response to behavior, Estrogen however is not altered in this way. I know some women who are always on the look out, and I know some men who are not. My experience with male behavior has told me that in general they are more sexual in their thinking then myself. I like to think of myself as an accurate example of an average woman.

fileen said:
haha well played. Its possible, I know not all guys are the same but I do know that men are different hormonally from women. For example testosterone can be stimulated through the central nervous system in response to behavior, Estrogen however is not altered in this way. I know some women who are always on the look out, and I know some men who are not. My experience with male behavior has told me that in general they are more sexual in their thinking then myself. I like to think of myself as an accurate example of an average woman.

I totally agree with you. I have also found this to be the majority of the case.

tribdog said:

I figure you're just having fun by asking a question like that, but if you really want to know then try signing up for a forum somewhere using a female name. Make a few posts. You'll be surprised by all the extra attention you'll get.

It's been a lot of years since I tried this myself, but it was quite an eye opener.

fileen said:
does it make you feel better to believe that? At the end of the day the reality is that boys are much more sexual than girls. While we have all sorts of random things going on in our heads, boys have one major theme on the brain. Its therefore not that unrealistic for girls to think that boys are wanting them, since somewhere one probably is.

Irony in action, which of the following is true:

"we (girls) have all sorts of random things going on in our heads, boys have one major theme (sex) on the brain"

or

"ts therefore not that unrealistic for girls to think that boys are wanting them, since somewhere one probably is"

Either you are contrasting girls and boys by saying that boys think about sex all the time and girls do not, or you are admitting that girls should/do think about being sexual prey all the time.

fileen said:

As Hurkyl has pointed out, it is fallacious to draw a conclusion based on four people you know. I know a few women who constantly think about sex, but I wouldn't conclude based upon these few women I know that all women think about is sex.

fileen said:
haha well played. Its possible, I know not all guys are the same but I do know that men are different hormonally from women. For example testosterone can be stimulated through the central nervous system in response to behavior, Estrogen however is not altered in this way.
Some problems here. First, you seem to assume that women do not have testosterone. They do, just not as much as men. Second, testosterone in men is usually more altered as an anticipatory response rather than by behavior. Third, you're assuming estrogens are not altered in response to behavior. This neglects feedback loops. All hormones are regulated by the central nervous system, and all hormones have feedback effects on the central nervous system.

This thread is getting way too serious. It was started out as a joke! :rolleyes:

Look, it's pretty simple. Most men want women. Most women want men. Some men want men, some women want women. Some want both, and a rare handful want neither. Most men and women question why they wanted what they got once they have it.

fileen said:
At the end of the day the reality is that boys are much more sexual than girls. While we have all sorts of random things going on in our heads, boys have one major theme on the brain.

Why do ALL girls think that?? It is NOT true! You do realize that some of us are wannabe mathematicians/physicists etc and the thought of elegant equations turns us on almost as much as girls do?

turbo-1 said:
There are very few guys that have "caught" women that haven't swum into their net before being selected.
A man chases a woman until she catches him. I think I may be responsible for girls thinking everyone wants them all the time. Sorry.

Perhaps its not true, but male behavior can lead women to think that it is. Being a woman I've no clue what its like to be a man, and a man has no clue what its like to be a woman. We make presumptions based on the behavior we witness since we don't really know what's going on in each others heads. I personally almost never think sexually without a lot of provocation, however, my male friends appear to never stop thinking this way. All conversations head in that direction. I am not merely friends with the boys I live with, I have many friends who are male, and I can't help but believe they think differently from myself.

fileen said:
I personally almost never think sexually without a lot of provocation, however, my male friends appear to never stop thinking this way. All conversations head in that direction.
Are you sure you're distinguishing between "thinking sexually" and casual flirting?

Hurkyl said:
Are you sure you're distinguishing between "thinking sexually" and casual flirting?

There is a huge difference. But, you pretend to be a girl on here for one day and tell me that a convo with a guy doen't always seem to end up in a sexual manner. Ok, not ever single guy, but a nice good majority. I have learned this...a girl knows the difference, trust me, but you will see...:biggrin:

mcknia07 said:
There is a huge difference. But, you pretend to be a girl on here for one day and tell me that a convo with a guy doen't always seem to end up in a sexual manner. Ok, not ever single guy, but a nice good majority. I have learned this...a girl knows the difference, trust me, but you will see...:biggrin:
I have pretended to be a girl (and embarassingly, have been rather popular in the role), and my experiences do not coincide with yours. While it's possible that I am just really, really dense, I find it more likely that one of the following is the culprit:
(1) You attract/seek out that kind of person
(2) You are reading too much into peoples' actions
(3) You elicit such attitudes from others
(4) Selective recall (could be on my end or your end)
(5) Statistical variance

I *never* got hit on here in the forum. I have been hit on by PM by one person. That's it.

was it me?

If it wasn't give me a couple of minutes

tribdog said:

I thought this would be the post that would get people riled up, but you all just skimmed right past it.