Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Why do girls think everyone wants them all the time?

1. Oct 18, 2008 #1
    Have you noticed that some of the little girls on here spend most of their time in "hidden" mode? they claim to be offline, but all of a sudden pop up in some thread. I don't want to name any names buy I think Evo and hypatia might know who I'm talking about.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 18, 2008 #2
    I would understand that this is a effective protection against potential stalkers, of which I don't want to name any names either.

4. Oct 18, 2008 #3
    I'm probably the most dangerous potential stalker on PF and I'm still pretty harmless

5. Oct 18, 2008 #4

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Really? I haven't noticed such behaviour!

6. Oct 19, 2008 #5
    Umm, maybe because everyone does want us, duh! :wink:

7. Oct 20, 2008 #6
    Why do girls [on PF, I presume] think everyone wants them all the time? Consider two things:

1. The Law of Supply and Demand.
    2. The ratio of males to females in physics.

The girls on PF are probably correct in their assumption.

8. Oct 20, 2008 #7
    HA! PF has girls coming out of it's ears. There are almost as many girls as boys here. You just don't notice them as much because they aren't as smart as the boys.

9. Oct 20, 2008 #8
    does it make you feel better to believe that? At the end of the day the reality is that boys are much more sexual than girls. While we have all sorts of random things going on in our heads, boys have one major theme on the brain. Its therefore not that unrealistic for girls to think that boys are wanting them, since somewhere one probably is.

10. Oct 20, 2008 #9
    Do you have any evidence for this?

11. Oct 20, 2008 #10

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Nice try tribdog. I'm invisible because I like sneaking around the forum.

12. Oct 20, 2008 #11
    :eek: GIRLS?? WHERE??

I WANT THEM!

Actually, the complete opposite is true.

I could easily come up with all the evidence to show you this, but I'm too turned on to type right now: Tribdog says there are hidden girls lurking around here!

13. Oct 20, 2008 #12

turbo

Gold Member

Guys WANT women and they are pretty brazen in the pursuit, though embarrassed and awkward in the end (dog catches car). Women WANT guys, make plans, scheme and use strategy to enhance their choices. There are very few guys that have "caught" women that haven't swum into their net before being selected.

The ladies have this game rigged.

14. Oct 20, 2008 #13

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Q.E.D.

:rofl:

Tribdog is just annoyed that they like sneaking around behind him and shouting, "BOO!" and then run away giggling when he jumps and hits his head. :biggrin:

As for me, I'm not invisible. That's because I'm a woman, not a girl, and I don't think everyone wants me all the time, I KNOW they want me all the time. One has to oblige their fans. :biggrin:

15. Oct 20, 2008 #14

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

They have stars by their name to you :tongue:. MIH and Evo are guilty, but so is Gokul and hes a man as far as I was aware. Shooting Star liked to be invisible when he was around as does Zz sometimes as far as I can recall. So its not just the ladies.

16. Oct 20, 2008 #15

Evo

Staff: Mentor

tribdog is just aggravated because he can't tell when the people he's stalking are online. :tongue:

17. Oct 20, 2008 #16

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I have no trouble. I guess thats because I can see their computers through their windows though.

18. Oct 20, 2008 #17

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: Good thing I read that now and not while drinking my coffee in the morning!

19. Oct 20, 2008 #18
    :rofl: this is just too funny, women (and Im sure men too) have better things to do than scheme and plot to "net" someone

20. Oct 20, 2008 #19
    only experience. I live with three guys, and no matter what anyone says, men and women are different. After discussing these topics with some good male friends its a conclusion I have come to.

21. Oct 20, 2008 #20

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It's good to know that three particular men and one particular woman can accurately represent the entirety of mankind.

(Wait... are you suggesting that all women are essentially the same?)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?