Why do lifter's have to be assymetrical?

• Thread starter bijanv
  • Start date
In summary, lifters primarily operate on the principle of ion wind, which is a flow of ions caused by the electric field that is created between the positive and negative plates of the lifter. As for why it is better to have asymmetrical designs, it has to do with the gravitational field that is created. The real reason that makes the object levitate is the impact momentum of the electrons on the negative plate, not the gravitational field it creates. Websites such as jnaudin.free.fr and americanantigravity.com provide more information on lifters and their principles of operation.
bijanv
I'm sure most of you have heard by now about the lifters projects around the world and if you haven't then check out http://jnaudin.free.fr/lifters/main.htm

I need some help in figuring out why it is better to have assymetrical designs? I know it has to do something with the gravitational field that it creates but I still don't really understand it.

Also (again in simplicity please) what is the real reason that makes the object levitate? Is it the impact momentum of the electrons on the negative plate or is it the gravitational field it creates or...?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Sorry, dude;
Unless someone here who knows a lot more about it than I do tells me otherwise, I have to consider that to be a nut-burger site. I didn't read past the first page, but that was enough. The guy's either a crackpot or very bad at expressing scientific concepts.

Lifters to not create their own gravitational field. They primarily operate on the principle of ion wind:

http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/bpp/ComnErr.html

http://www.americanantigravity.com/documents/Stephenson_STAIF05_Biefeld-Brown.pdf

Regards,
Maaneli

Last edited by a moderator:
well English isn't his first language so give him a break but I've made a couple lifters myself... you can also check out www.americanantigravity.com

hm... what exactly is ion wind? it doesn't really explain it thoroughly in that article

The first link explains it and so does this one:

http://www.ap.stmarys.ca/demos/content/e_and_m/ion_wind/ion_wind.html

Last edited by a moderator:

1. Why do lifters have to be asymmetrical?

Asymmetry in lifters is necessary for maintaining proper balance and stability during heavy weightlifting. It also allows for the distribution of weight more evenly across the body, reducing the risk of injury.

2. Can lifters be completely symmetrical?

No, it is not possible for lifters to be completely symmetrical. This is due to natural differences in muscle size and strength between the left and right sides of the body, as well as variations in bone structure.

3. Are there any advantages to having asymmetrical lifters?

Yes, having asymmetrical lifters can provide a mechanical advantage by allowing the body to generate more force and lift heavier weights. It also allows for greater flexibility and range of motion in certain movements.

4. How does asymmetry affect lifting technique?

Asymmetry can affect lifting technique by causing imbalances and compensations in the body. This can lead to improper form and increase the risk of injury. Proper training and form correction can help mitigate these effects.

5. Are there any risks associated with asymmetrical lifters?

While asymmetry in lifters is a natural and necessary aspect of weightlifting, it can also increase the risk of injury if not properly managed. It is important for lifters to regularly assess and address any imbalances in their body to maintain optimal performance and safety.