Why do my family has to be so good?

• Thread starter rootX
  • Start date
In summary: But one thing that's for sure, they don't appreciate what they have.In summary, your family is nice because you no longer take their things for granted. You should appreciate them more and do well in life to pay them back.
rootX
Why do my family has to be so good? :(

I was wondering why parents has to be so nice?

With my purely rational mind, I am overwhelmed :grumpy:

I never recognized their love/efforts until last year. Now, more I grow, more debited I feel. I will be moving away from them pretty soon (in few years) and they know that. Is that why they are becoming more and more nice or is it just that I no longer taking their things for granted?

Physics news on Phys.org

Nah, sounds like they're being very supportive. Good thing. And a good thing you acknowledge that.

rootX, your realization is a sure sign you have become a young adult. You're not a kid anymore, you've grown past the rebelliousness and self-centeredness that is a normal part of being a teenager. Now you're seeing the world from an adult point of view.

You see clearly the sacrifices your parents have made for you. Their dedication to you is simply because they love you so much - you'll understand it fully when you have your own family. How wonderful that you have good parents!

The best way to pay them back is to do well in life.

rootX said:

I never recognized their love/efforts until last year. Now, more I grow, more debited I feel. I will be moving away from them pretty soon (in few years) and they know that. Is that why they are becoming more and more nice or is it just that I no longer taking their things for granted?
That is so nice and refreshing to hear from a young person. :smile:

Most parents tend to love their children and do whatever they can to help them succeed in life. Mostly parents want their children to be happy, that's true success.

rootX said:

I'm sure they will appreciate that you appreciate. By all means make sure they know that you do.

Wait until you are on the other side of it and you are a parent. Then you will understand even better. And lest you worry that it's a one way street, they get plenty out of it too. They've gotten to watch you and help you grow up.

The best way to pay them back is to do well in life.

Mostly parents want their children to be happy, that's true success.

one way street, they get plenty out of it too.

It sounds lot easier than I thought :smile:

I am not attached to my parents - I think it logically, so it is just asking one question: "who are those people and why they are loving me when I never loved them back with same amount of love" but it is hard for me to treat it as two way street. It is very complicated to understand why people have kids and spend all their lives on their kids when the kids (including me) would always think of them as old fashioned people etc. and would eventually move away from them. I haven't talked about other rebellious children yet.

Last edited:

1. Why does my family have to be so perfect?

It's important to remember that every family has its own unique dynamics and no family is perfect. It's natural to compare your family to others, but it's important to appreciate the good qualities of your own family and work on any challenges that may arise.

2. Why does it feel like my family is always better than me?

It's common to feel like your family is better than you, especially if they have achieved a lot of success. However, it's important to remember that your family's accomplishments do not define your worth as an individual. Focus on your own strengths and achievements and don't compare yourself to others.

3. Why do I feel pressure to live up to my family's expectations?

Feeling pressure to live up to your family's expectations can be difficult, especially if they have set high standards. It's important to communicate openly with your family and discuss any expectations that may make you feel overwhelmed. Remember that you are your own person and it's okay to have your own goals and aspirations.

4. Why do I feel like I don't fit in with my family?

Feeling like you don't fit in with your family can be tough, especially if you have different interests or values. It's important to remember that it's okay to be different from your family and to embrace your own unique identity. You can also try to find common ground with your family and spend quality time together.

5. Why do I feel guilty for not being as good as my family?

Feeling guilty for not being as good as your family is a common feeling, but it's important to remember that everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses. Instead of comparing yourself to your family, focus on your own personal growth and achievements. Your family will always love and support you, regardless of your accomplishments.