Can Mathematical Patterns Predict Changes in Numbers on Game Sheets?

In summary, Jim is trying to find patterns in his sheet that can tell him before the pattern may be changing from the 246 to the 2424. He is looking for indicators within the math he is doing or the patterns that can tell him this before it occurs.
Skyline69
I have several different patterns in my sheets. I use these patterns to determine whether the next number will be even or odd, go up or down in those cells on my sheets. Most of the patterns in columns STUV will mirror image themselves when you look at them. I attached a sheet with the formulas in them. These formulas get the draw number from an external book but I do not think you will need all the books to just look over this sheet and perhaps give me some suggestions. You will see some patterns in column R that may go like 246 246 246 2424 and then go. I am trying to see if there may be any key indicators within the Math I am doing or the patterns that can tell me BEFORE the pattern may be changing from the 246 to the 2424. Is there a way to see the mirror image coming BEFORE it actually occurs? Things like this. Anything to find as an indicator what may happen next

I put a lot of notes on the sheet as far as how I get my patterns and numbers for your understanding. All the numbers you will see add up either by adding or subtraction to the Game numbers in column A which is explained on the sheets too.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated. The file is too large to load herehttps://www.dropbox.com/s/h0gumjxhdy78khg/Physics Pattern Game Sheet.xlsx?dl=0

Here is a snip

Attachments

• 2015-07-24_8-32-21.jpg
    2015-07-24_8-32-21.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 354
Physics news on Phys.org
FWIW - your 'sheet' example file is very difficult to read. IF you are using a spreadsheet, then I would assume you have functions defined (macros). IF you are uisng maple, matlab, or some other programming tool then please post that.

Those might help. But as it stands, I think you will not get a meaningful answer.

PS: try querying https://oeis.org/ for your sequences.

jim mcnamara said:
FWIW - your 'sheet' example file is very difficult to read. IF you are using a spreadsheet, then I would assume you have functions defined (macros).
Those might help. But as it stands, I think you will not get a meaningful answer.

Thanks Jim, the file has been uploaded to Dropbox Were you able to download it? If you need the file with the formulas I can provide that too All the macro does is feeds the new draw numbers to the external sheets which develop these patterns

jim mcnamara said:
I can download it and cannot read the print. Try https://oeis.org/
What is oris? I went there and really not sure what to look for?

oeis.org - is an internet destination. It is about number sequences. If you enter a number sequence it can find it and give you information about it. Like its properties.

Wow now this is very fascinating. I'll take a look at it @ week 32.

1. Why do pattern events change?

Pattern events change due to a variety of factors, including natural fluctuations in the environment, human activities, and internal mechanisms within the system. These changes can occur gradually or suddenly and can have a significant impact on the overall pattern and functioning of the system.

2. What is the role of feedback loops in pattern event changes?

Feedback loops play a crucial role in pattern event changes by amplifying or dampening the effects of certain events or actions. Positive feedback loops can lead to rapid and significant changes in patterns, while negative feedback loops can help maintain stability and balance within a system.

3. Can human activities accelerate or slow down pattern event changes?

Yes, human activities can have a significant impact on pattern event changes. For example, deforestation or pollution can disrupt natural patterns and lead to changes in the environment. On the other hand, conservation efforts can help slow down or reverse some of these changes.

4. How do scientists study and predict pattern event changes?

Scientists use various methods, including data collection, mathematical models, and computer simulations, to study and predict pattern event changes. By analyzing past patterns and understanding the underlying mechanisms, scientists can make informed predictions about future changes.

5. Can pattern event changes be beneficial?

Yes, pattern event changes can be beneficial in some cases, such as natural disturbances that promote biodiversity or human interventions that improve the functioning of a system. However, in other cases, pattern event changes can have negative consequences, such as the loss of species or disruptions to agricultural production.