Why do people have children?

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Evo, you're the "cool mom" on the block! We had one of those when I was growing up and oh! thank goodness. I could ask her about stuff that I never could talk to my mother about. You should write a book!
Tsu, I totally agree with you about wanting to give them back to the parents when they malfunction. And, in truth, I'm just not into kids when they're in the "larval stage". I like them better when I can interact with them.
On a similar topic, I know an awful lot of people who adopt. I wonder what motivates this sometimes. Is it the desire to create the idealistic family? Sometimes I watch stories on the news about children looking for adoptive parents and it really does tug at my heart. I think mostly I wish I could make life a little more fair for them because their desires are so simple - just to have a home and belong to a family.

Im really not sure why anyone has kids. The thought of anyone wanting to willingly undertake this amount of responsability, risk, and constant work astonishes me.

jimmy p
Gold Member
more over, its just people being too lazy to use contraception...

Kerrie
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
jimmy p said:
more over, its just people being too lazy to use contraception...
this is an ignorant statement...many children are planned

jimmy p
Gold Member
Kerrie said:
this is an ignorant statement...many children are planned

you arent allowed to take me seriously...

Tsu
Gold Member
jimmy p said:
:biggrin: :biggrin:

Kerrie
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
jimmy p said:

sorry that i did take you seriously :redface: if your post was meant as a joke, i can dig :biggrin:

jimmy p
Gold Member
dont worry, everything i say is a joke, that is why people dont usually listen to me :(

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
zoobyshoe said:
Im really not sure why anyone has kids. The thought of anyone wanting to willingly undertake this amount of responsability, risk, and constant work astonishes me.
oh, dear. Then I guess this is the worst possible time to tell you I'm carrying our love-child, Zooby. Remember that night when you were bartending and you kept pouring those pitchers of Flying Zoobies? :biggrin:

Math Is Hard said:
oh, dear. Then I guess this is the worst possible time to tell you I'm carrying our love-child, Zooby. Remember that night when you were bartending and you kept pouring those pitchers of Flying Zoobies? :biggrin:
Concieved under the influence of Flying Zoobies it will float even in a 1G environment, like the NASA space baby.