Why do we have Electric Chairs, Gas Chamber, Lethal Injection, Hanging, Firing Squads

• Thread starter timejim
  • Start date
Originally posted by Vosh
Ppl. who take things personally and cry hot tears over it and feel the need to hit back like a baby have not reached adulthood yet. There should be a seperate forum (planet) for you folks. Call me when you're grown up.

I should not interfere, but that comment did not make you any better. Be humble and try to understand instead of throwing the same pie back.

member 5645
Originally posted by Vosh
Ppl. who take things personally and cry hot tears over it and feel the need to hit back like a baby have not reached adulthood yet. There should be a seperate forum (planet) for you folks.

Call me when you're grown up.

What is your problem? Legitimate questions were asked, but you feel the need to begin personal attacks.

Reap what you sow, sir.

Originally posted by phatmonky
Why is it that the government doesn't have the right to kill it's citizens, but it has the right to imprison them (remove their freedoms)???
Because 'removing there freedoms' is a reversable event, removing their lives, isn't.

Originally posted by Thallium
I will answer one. Everybody seems to ignore my messages so you are not alone phatmonky. The first one:

Death is the ultimate force, the ultimate punishment(if you prefer to call it a punishment), because it leaves the involved who have survived safety and the ability to reuptake their lvies from when the victim was killed. It leaves society safer as well. Though this can be discussed. If the offender is kept imprisoned for the rest of his life without ANY - ANY - chance of escape, then that is something else. Or otherwise, the decision to execute the offender is plainly revenge. And revenge is not always the solution(..??)...

The second: Deprivation of one's freedom is the worst punishment. That is the torment the offender is capable to feel over a long period. Death is just a second and then there is no more.

I agree.

Originally posted by phatmonky
Wasn't trying to change your mind - Just show you that there are two sides to every story :)
BTW- your stat about 4 alibi's? only 2 were put in court, and both deemed unreliable. :)

Yes, eyewitness testimony can be very erroneous.

Originally posted by timejim
And we call ourselves "civilized". I say get rid of all of them. A Government has no business executing its' Citizens, for any reason.

If we were "civilized," what the heck are we doing in Iraq?

"Reported civilian deaths resulting from the US-led military intervention in Iraq

As of Thursday, 22nd January 2004

Reported Minimum

Reported Maximum
9874 "

member 5645

Originally posted by Julian Solos
If we were "civilized," what the heck are we doing in Iraq?

"Reported civilian deaths resulting from the US-led military intervention in Iraq

As of Thursday, 22nd January 2004

Reported Minimum

Reported Maximum
9874 "

That's war sir. Try not to use this thread for your soapbox on a different issue