Why do women like flowers

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
wolram
Gold Member

Main Question or Discussion Point

Why is it that women like flowers, where as men are indifferent.

Answers and Replies

Why is it that women like flowers, where as men are indifferent.
I like flowers, I just don't like receiving them.

Evo
Mentor
They're pretty. A bouquet of kittens would be even better, but would present problems, so flowers are the next best thing.

drizzle
Gold Member
Maybe because they are eye pleasant and silent, like most women even if they talk they're still unheard, or cannot express themselves better than being silent...

You're threads are.. Unique, if I may say, wolram. :)

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
I like flowers, and I prefer flowers that are potted as opposed to cut.

Flowers that attract bees or butterflies are wonderful.

A woman is a flower.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AIfVoGUs6c

I like flowers, and I prefer flowers that are potted as opposed to cut.
There is always great wisdom in Astro's posts. I also like to have live flowers in a pot.

turbo
Gold Member
I love flowers. My wife does, too. We can't justify decorating with them, apart from maybe glads that we cut and give to neighbors.

Evo
Mentor
Flowers die, they are meant to be cut and arranged in decorative bowls and vases. I prefer cut flowers indoors.

Evo
Mentor
The problem with getting a potted flower is that they are forced into bloom under unnatural greenhouse conditions. Once the blooms die, most women just throw the plant into the trash. I on the other hand, feel commited to try to keep the plant alive, knowing that I will probably never get it to bloom even if I do manage to keep it from dying and feel guilt stricken.

Just give me the cut flowers!

I'm certainly not indifferent to flowers. I don't grow them, or put them in vases around the house, but I do stop and look at them when I encounter them in the wild.

DaveC426913
Gold Member
I on the other hand, feel commited to try to keep the plant alive, knowing that I will probably never get it to bloom even if I do manage to keep it from dying and feel guilt stricken.
tru dat!

Poinsettas are the worst!

Every year. Every year! I think I can keep it alive. I invariably give up around November of the following year when I toss the giant dried root-ball-with-sticks out in the garden.

That's why I call them...

Disappoinsettas.

drizzle
Gold Member
:rofl:

turbo
Gold Member
My wife has spent most of last fall and this last summer building a garden of perennials. I have tilled up most of the front lawn, and we have built a stone-lined space just for her perennials. I love the flowers, and I have withheld sugar-water for the hummingbirds all this year just to ensure that they take care of the plants that can take care of them.

In general women have a better sense of smell then men, while men tend to have better eyesight.

In general women have a better sense of smell then men, while men tend to have better eyesight.
There could be something to that. I've always heard that the ideal marriage is between a blind woman and a deaf man.

wolram
Gold Member
Maybe because they are eye pleasant and silent, like most women even if they talk they're still unheard, or cannot express themselves better than being silent...

You're threads are.. Unique, if I may say, wolram. :)
I am from planet Earth which one are you from :rofl:

I was so tempted at the store yesterday, by both poinsettias and Christmas cacti... but passed because we already have too many other things to take care of around here.

I'll remember this line...

That's why I call them...

Disappoinsettas.

Pengwuino
Gold Member
They're pretty. A bouquet of kittens would be even better, but would present problems, so flowers are the next best thing.
http://www.thedailytail.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/kitten-bouquet.jpg [Broken]

For Evo :!!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
The problem with getting a potted flower is that they are forced into bloom under unnatural greenhouse conditions. Once the blooms die, most women just throw the plant into the trash. I on the other hand, feel commited to try to keep the plant alive, knowing that I will probably never get it to bloom even if I do manage to keep it from dying and feel guilt stricken.

Just give me the cut flowers!
I would plant the flowers in a butterfly garden. I could to do cut flowers too.

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
http://www.thedailytail.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/kitten-bouquet.jpg [Broken]

For Evo :!!)
I see a letter T. But if I copy the url to the address bar, I find the bouquet.

Last edited by a moderator:
That bouquet is so photoshopped. The one in the middle says it all. "I'd rather be pretending to kill something."

drizzle
Gold Member
O lady:
I only remember your voice ..
Once holidays' bells ring!
I only remember your perfume ..
When I sleep on herbs' leaves!
You are a woman that won't be repeated .. In the history of flower ..
In the history of poetry ..
In the memory of Lily and basil ..!

- Nizar Qabbani