Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Why do women like flowers

1. Nov 23, 2011 #1

wolram

Gold Member

Why is it that women like flowers, where as men are indifferent.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 23, 2011 #2
    I like flowers, I just don't like receiving them.

4. Nov 23, 2011 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

They're pretty. A bouquet of kittens would be even better, but would present problems, so flowers are the next best thing.

5. Nov 23, 2011 #4

drizzle

Gold Member

Maybe because they are eye pleasant and silent, like most women even if they talk they're still unheard, or cannot express themselves better than being silent...

You're threads are.. Unique, if I may say, wolram. :)

6. Nov 23, 2011 #5

Astronuc

I like flowers, and I prefer flowers that are potted as opposed to cut.

Flowers that attract bees or butterflies are wonderful.

7. Nov 23, 2011 #6
    A woman is a flower.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AIfVoGUs6c

8. Nov 23, 2011 #7
    There is always great wisdom in Astro's posts. I also like to have live flowers in a pot.

9. Nov 23, 2011 #8

turbo

Gold Member

I love flowers. My wife does, too. We can't justify decorating with them, apart from maybe glads that we cut and give to neighbors.

10. Nov 23, 2011 #9

Evo

Flowers die, they are meant to be cut and arranged in decorative bowls and vases. I prefer cut flowers indoors.

11. Nov 23, 2011 #10

Astronuc

12. Nov 23, 2011 #11

Evo

The problem with getting a potted flower is that they are forced into bloom under unnatural greenhouse conditions. Once the blooms die, most women just throw the plant into the trash. I on the other hand, feel commited to try to keep the plant alive, knowing that I will probably never get it to bloom even if I do manage to keep it from dying and feel guilt stricken.

Just give me the cut flowers!

13. Nov 23, 2011 #12
    I'm certainly not indifferent to flowers. I don't grow them, or put them in vases around the house, but I do stop and look at them when I encounter them in the wild.

14. Nov 23, 2011 #13

DaveC426913

Gold Member

tru dat!

Poinsettas are the worst!

Every year. Every year! I think I can keep it alive. I invariably give up around November of the following year when I toss the giant dried root-ball-with-sticks out in the garden.

That's why I call them...

Disappoinsettas.

15. Nov 23, 2011 #14

drizzle

Gold Member

:rofl:

16. Nov 23, 2011 #15
    O'Keeffe always denied that.

17. Nov 24, 2011 #16

turbo

Gold Member

My wife has spent most of last fall and this last summer building a garden of perennials. I have tilled up most of the front lawn, and we have built a stone-lined space just for her perennials. I love the flowers, and I have withheld sugar-water for the hummingbirds all this year just to ensure that they take care of the plants that can take care of them.

18. Nov 24, 2011 #17
    In general women have a better sense of smell then men, while men tend to have better eyesight.

19. Nov 24, 2011 #18
    There could be something to that. I've always heard that the ideal marriage is between a blind woman and a deaf man.

20. Nov 24, 2011 #19

wolram

Gold Member

I am from planet Earth which one are you from :rofl:

21. Nov 24, 2011 #20
    I was so tempted at the store yesterday, by both poinsettias and Christmas cacti... but passed because we already have too many other things to take care of around here.

I'll remember this line...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook