Why HP is helping Apple market the iPod

• Thread starter Dagenais
  • Start date
  • Tags
    apple
In summary, HP has started televising ads for their http://h10049.www1.hp.com/music/us/en/index.html .
Dagenais
HP has started televising ads for their http://h10049.www1.hp.com/music/us/en/index.html [Broken].

I heard about this merger months ago, but I don't get the point of it.

The iPod already works with Windows and iTunes (on Windows). Why does HP have to promote the iPod?

When news was first released about the partnership, HP designed their own iPod which was basically the same as Apple's, but black.

The one I see on their website is identical. HP's music site talks about the Apple iPod and iTunes.

I haven't noticed anything dramatically different about the Apple iPod +HP. AFAIK, iPods worked well with HPs running iTunes.

What are they trying to do? Are they just a merchant for Apple, in hopes that people will buy a HP Computer along with the iPod?

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
Because people like ipods and not HP it improves their image

Plus people don't know ennough about stuff to relize that HP comp isn't needed for Ipod

Why HP is helping Apple market the iPod

HP is helping Apple move the iPod because HP has a much larger marketing machine than Apple has. Part of the reason people will buy an HP instead of an Apple branded iPod is that people do not trust Apple to sell a product that works with PC's. These two things were reported in the news[/url=] stories covering this event.

Because people like ipods and not HP it improves their image

What is that comment based on?! HP has a huge marketshare. If people "don't like HP" they wouldn't be buying them. Last time I check, HP/Compaq had the largest market share.

If anything, people either like or dislike Apple.

Part of the reason people will buy an HP instead of an Apple branded iPod is that people do not trust Apple to sell a product that works with PC's.

I guess those "switch" commercials attacking Windows came back to bite them in ass...

1. Why is HP helping Apple market the iPod?

HP and Apple entered into a partnership in 2004 to increase the availability and accessibility of the iPod to consumers. At the time, HP was one of the largest PC manufacturers and saw the potential in teaming up with Apple, which was already a leader in the digital music market. This partnership allowed HP to offer its customers the popular iPod and also gave Apple access to a larger distribution network. It was a mutually beneficial decision for both companies.

2. What is the benefit of this partnership for HP?

Through this partnership, HP was able to offer its customers the highly desired iPod without having to invest in the development and production of its own MP3 player. This allowed HP to enter the digital music market quickly and efficiently. It also helped to strengthen HP's brand and image by offering a popular and innovative product to its customers.

3. How does this partnership benefit Apple?

This partnership allowed Apple to expand its distribution network and reach a wider audience. By collaborating with HP, Apple was able to tap into the PC market and attract new customers who may not have been familiar with Apple products. It also helped to increase the visibility and popularity of the iPod, solidifying its position as the leading MP3 player in the market.

4. Is HP involved in the design or production of the iPod?

No, HP is not involved in the design or production of the iPod. The partnership between HP and Apple is primarily a marketing and distribution agreement. The iPod is still solely designed and produced by Apple.

5. Will HP continue to sell the iPod now that it has discontinued its partnership with Apple?

Yes, HP will continue to sell the iPod even after ending its partnership with Apple in 2011. HP has the rights to continue selling the iPod under its own brand name, and it is still listed as one of the supported devices on the official iPod website. However, HP no longer has any involvement in the development or production of the iPod and is no longer actively marketing it.