Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Why I Dislike Karen Hughes

1. Apr 25, 2004 #1
    Karen Hughes, formor member of the Bush Administration and currently working for Bush's reelection campaign, is dumb *****. I really dislike her (and no, not because she looks like an ugly man with a bad hair style). I dislike her because she is the personification of Republican spin.

She leaves the Bush administration to 'spend time with her family'. One year later she is promoting her book that explains why she left the Bush Administration (because her family was more important!) and working full time on Bush's reelection. She gets praised from stupid conservatives - no, I am not saying conservatives are stupid, just incase people do not read well - as "family oriented" when it is obvious she realized that being a housewife wasn't good enough for her (which is good, the spin is what gets me).

But this isn't enough for me to dislike the women. In fact, the above mini rant is actually incidental to something else - a side effect of my intense out rage over a very wrong, idiotic, and offensive statement she just made. Karen Hughes was interviewed about todays march for women's reproductive rights. This is what she said:

What???!!!!?!?!?!??!?!? Can you believe this? Ever since I read this everything about this women has angered me. Normally talking heads do not piss me off, but, for some reason, this women's comments did. Using 9-11 and terrorists to attack people marching for pro-choice views? What the hell if wrong with this women?

found at Daily Kos

note - the NY times edited Hughes's statements out of the article (it was there earlier today!). Her comments actually come from a CNN interview which can be found here.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 26, 2004 #2

amp

She strikes me as an elitist of the type that would subscribe to the belief - 'We know what is best for the unsophisticated masses.'

4. Apr 26, 2004 #3

jimmy p

Gold Member

5. Apr 26, 2004 #4
    She's a thug, a lousy human being, and a liar...which makes her fit in perfectly with the Bushies and their supporters.

6. Apr 26, 2004 #5
    Leading by example I see....

7. Apr 26, 2004 #6
    Off-topic. You know better.

8. Apr 26, 2004 #7
    Maybe Karen Hughes is calling the pro-choice advocates terrorists(?)

I find it very difficult to find the justification between 9-11 and abortion. To make a broad statement saying that everyone values life is premature. We value life in 9-11 because we were attacked deliberately, and most of the population would probably agree.

Abortion, however, is a completely different issue and most of the populace has split viewpoints and still remains a hotly debated topic.

9. Apr 26, 2004 #8
    She's a cretin...she's linking terrorism to a legal and mostly publically-supported medical procedure. This does a disservice both to terrorism victims, their families, and those who seek and provide abortions.

10. Apr 26, 2004 #9

jimmy p

Gold Member

So is she the left one or the right one?

11. Apr 27, 2004 #10
    I can't believe that people get away with this bs. 1984 anyone?

"Of course the people don't want war..... But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship.... Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."
    -- Herman Goering (http://www.snopes.com/quotes/goering.htm)
    ...only now, it's attached to a domenstic political gain, not just war.

The fact that she can string together such unrelated things, and in such a manner, is utterly ridiculous. I am sick and tired of republican efforts to usurp the events of 9/11 as theirs and available for whatever political use they have for it.

12. Apr 27, 2004 #11
    I think that this statement is untrue. Also, it is a clear attempt to link a personal agenda (anti-choice legislation) with an extremist politician. "We value every life" is 90% hypocritical if you're living on the business end of a JDAM. 100% hypocritical considering that the terrorist network is plenty active after 200 billion +/- taxpayer dough. She's a shill, a tool of the bush boys; they like women when they say what they're told to say... f**k

13. Apr 27, 2004 #12
    I'm rather confident that they do not value at all the lives of terrorists (I'm not saying that they should, just that this contradicts her statement). Also, they did not show much value for the lives of the innocent Middle-Easterners that they killed in invasions.

14. Apr 27, 2004 #13

jimmy p

Gold Member

She sounds like every politician I know...

15. Apr 27, 2004 #14
    I don't think that most politicians would try to link Al Queda to abortion.

16. Apr 27, 2004 #15
    No, Al Queda waits until after you're born to murder you.

17. Apr 27, 2004 #16

"The government is a necessary evil that has no right to exist".

Quote by Robert Eric Moon, Math Dept Professor M.T.S.U.

gOVERnMENt

Quote from Fools Rush In, Murfreesboro, TN Album cover

18. Apr 27, 2004 #17

amp

19. Apr 27, 2004 #18

GENIERE

Science Advisor

Hopefully Zero will delete Amp's vile link!

20. Apr 28, 2004 #19
    Cool link, amp, very interesting to hear the British perspective:

21. Apr 28, 2004 #20

jimmy p

Gold Member

Actually both posters on that link were Americans

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?