Why is it so hard to tap this power?

• Thread starter jimmy1200
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hard Power
In summary, it seems that some people are able to access a higher level of consciousness, sometimes referred to as the "superconscious mind". It is not easy to do, and takes a lot of hard work. However, it is possible, and there is evidence that some of these powers are real. There is resistance to these ideas from a lot of people, but with enough persistence it may be possible to obtain these abilities.
jimmy1200
are there any theories out there as to why it is so hard to tap the "superconscious mind". why does it take such dilligent work to do feats such as telekinesis, psychokinesis, telepathy, etc. why, why , why and although I am sure you don't have an absolute answer, I am sure you can provide me with something that might help.

Physics news on Phys.org
Mainly because it is doubtful those things are even possible.

It is not hard to tap those powers. What is hard is how to learn to do it especially in modern day society when the above post is the most prevalent. There is little metaphysical doubt that at least some of these things exist, are even common place. There is little evidence that any of them can be controlled and used successfully with any consistency.

who is around you?

In a world where those around you help create what is and is not possible
It may be that you need to be around a strong source that has been very
Natural in tapping such powers. Family blood lines or groups that have a
High amount of people doing these acts probably could convey the knowledge
Of how to learn such things a lot better than people that don’t believe or
Have no idea exactly where to start along the path to learning such things.

In the belief systems surrounding these acts, there is a lot of talk about the
Effect those people around you have. Usually most other silly quests in life
Must be finished in order to go onto what they call higher things or whatnot.

I don’t suggest checking online, meeting people connected to this source
Probably have better things to do than be online, if they are online they are
Few and far between. New age hang outs could yield something but I would
Suggest speaking to the different church leaders [those closest to god as they
Might put it] in your city. Most people aren’t going to come out and talk about
Such things because of the huge amount of resistance and bias of skeptics
And non-believers [such denial may have an effect on seeing such feats].

I’ve never seen these things happen, I heard that the most abundant amount
Of levitation is found in loony bins, but once again, this is all 2nd 3rd and 4th
Hand information. None of it can be considered proven fact by me at all.

I hope these things exist. I hope I can do them, just like I hope I can live on
Mars and stop working and be very rich before I turn 30. These things are
Possible, if only I meet the right people and learn the right things..

[/rambling]

Suggested reading

The Conscious Universe: The Scientific Truth of Psychic Phenomena
by Dean I. Radin, Dean Radin

jimmy1200 said:
are there any theories out there as to why it is so hard to tap the "superconscious mind". why does it take such dilligent work to do feats such as telekinesis, psychokinesis, telepathy, etc. why, why , why and although I am sure you don't have an absolute answer, I am sure you can provide me with something that might help.

I spent the whole of 1998 investigating these possibilities...and I came to the conclusion that though they seem possible, but nevertheless they are still in their vague but primitive forms. The overall puzzzle that resulted from that investigation is this:

How do you tranform their primitives to proper science or field of enquiry without upsetting the science and religious communities?

Crack this one and you'll crack anything!

Okay, I just want to say I take no pride or delight in reporting the following incident, but I feel somehow strongly morally obliged to do so because it happened and this looks like a pertinent and friendly enough thread to report it.

Last Sunday afternoon I went to the kitchen to make some lunch, simple shell pasta with canned cream of mushroom. While I was idly stiring the pasta in the pan with absolutely no thought in my mind, I realized there were two consciousness, one, the ordinary consciouness that was aware of what I was doing, and another consciousness that was aware of the first, ordinary consciousness. The second type of consciousness I felt was "bigger" than the first one and it was very peaceful and quite and it lasted for a few seconds. The first gut reaction I had after the experience was "life is a waste of time", for second type of consciousness presented another reality and showed what a delusion life really is, and that is why I changed my signature a day later.

I had some other extraordinary experience before relating to consciousness and it tends to come when my mind is still. Oh I do no do drugs or alcohol at all.

:smile:

Congratulations, you have discovered the "epoche", the art of putting your lower consciousness activity "in parenthesis" and being aware of it from a higher perspective. You can iterate this (or rather some people can) too, and reach higher levels of watching yourself watching yourself. Husserl made this ability the basis for his Phenomenology, which has had a great influence on European philosophy since the start of the twentieth century.

:smile: Thank you selfAdjoint, you know everything.

Polly said:
Okay, I just want to say I take no pride or delight in reporting the following incident, but I feel somehow strongly morally obliged to do so because it happened and this looks like a pertinent and friendly enough thread to report it.

Last Sunday afternoon I went to the kitchen to make some lunch, simple shell pasta with canned cream of mushroom. While I was idly stiring the pasta in the pan with absolutely no thought in my mind, I realized there were two consciousness, one, the ordinary consciouness that was aware of what I was doing, and another consciousness that was aware of the first, ordinary consciousness. The second type of consciousness I felt was "bigger" than the first one and it was very peaceful and quite and it lasted for a few seconds. The first gut reaction I had after the experience was "life is a waste of time", for second type of consciousness presented another reality and showed what a delusion life really is, and that is why I changed my signature a day later.

I had some other extraordinary experience before relating to consciousness and it tends to come when my mind is still. Oh I do no do drugs or alcohol at all.

That's incredible. Seriously.

Sometimes i get a certain, awkward feeling, in which in a small way, i seem to look down upon my life from a tower of some sort. Everything becomes not that important -- not that vital to my life. I feel almost like a superpower of some sort.

Then it fades away.
And i return to reality.

<i><b>"How do you tranform their primitives to proper science or field of enquiry without upsetting the science and religious communities?"</i></b>

Philocat,

hope i copied your above quote right. if not keep in mind that i am a lefty.

someone will always be upset/offended by something. it wouldn't surprise me if in physics there was an "upset-offended law" that allows some atoms, molecules-whatever to offend (only in reaction, not due to emotion, i wouldn't think, hmmm maybe) another creating something that didn't exist prior to that.

maybe something similar to the chaos theory (have no clue what that is) and nuclear energy or something.

I get dizzy on this forum sometimes on the physics end, but i really enjoy it and try to learn what little i can grasp.

who knows, maybe offended/chaos/how-dare-you, is the driving force behind the universe.

nothing wrong with religion and science being offended, or meta-heads being offended by religion or science. is there? i always learn if/when I'm offended.

here's an example. i used to be deeply offended by the catholic church. the religion i was raised in. i was so offended i kept going back trying to understand why. ALL my experiences with the priests and nuns were positive. good people. once i discovered why i was so put off by it, i could walk away from it without looking back. now when i think about the bulletproof-pimpmobile it makes me smile. :devil:

Royce and Some Socks, thoroughly enjoyed your posts and, i agree.

"get in the car punk"

p.s. with all the laws in physics that can only mean there are a lot of offenses. I'm certain MANY things drive a scientist, arrogance may be one of them which might be key. i know it's something more than curiosity and something way beyond a simple need/desire to understand the entire gig. if i had been born with maximum brain power in the field of science, it would piss me off if i couldn't figure out an equation or whatever because afterall i was born with that ability wasn't i? :rolleyes:

Polly said:

Hi Polly

We know just what you are talking about. We (there are 3 of us) have been studying and conecting through these "higher" selves, to the Universal Mind, for 5 years now. Our little research group has received information as to how this works. I recently posted this received article and it has been "lost". I will post it for you here, so you may understand a little more of what you experienced.

Cheers

Malai5

How many Selves does it take to be YOU?

28/10/2002

3 Selves is what it takes.
3 Selves to participate.
3 Selves to equate, rationalise and summarise

To understand the self, you need to see from a universal view.
How do you do this, if it is not your chosen path?
Then we will say impossible, as you will see everything from a physical 3-D perspective, it will only give you a limited view, in a 3-D way.

To seek understanding, universally, does not mean you are more evolved, or more godly, it means that you choose to step back and let yourself be open to a clearer way of seeing. Without putting judgements, conditions or interpretations in place.
How does one come to a point in themselves where they can allow themselves to accept something which is outside of their own logic, their own understanding?

If it is said, that the “little self’,the self that has the emotions, the esteem, the control, the say, the way, the thought, the part that inherits, the part that takes on board judgements and itself judges, the part that loves, hates, the part of you which is compassionate and discompassionate, the part that rationalises – the “little self’’ which is influenced, indoctrinated to conform, to obey, is governed by it’s earthly laws – is within a square.

That self is the one which you live with EVERYDAY, the self that can self destruct, if it has a mind to.
It fears, fear itself, it is a self which can climb into itself, or over itself.

The “self”, a formidable companion, one that can hold on for dear life, what it knows, what it is comfortable with, what it only wants to see, be it tangible or not. To be in that “little self”, self will only give you limitations of self, if it is indulged.

Do not confuse what we say with intellect or push the boundaries of that intellect in a 3-D physical sense to understand what we will begin to say – as your intellect has nothing to do with universal unlimitedness and everything to do with tapping into that other self – the “higher self” or “bigger self”, the self that is the all encompassing self, the self that is visible, that is seen, that is contactable, that is just as “real” as the “little self”, is but with One major difference. It is the SELF which knows you best, it knows ALL there is to know, without judgements, conditions, without limitations, it is not plagued with low self esteem, not worthy or good enough, it doesn’t intellectualise, it just IS.
It is the part of you which is the most tangible, it is the part of you which can be felt, it feels like a good friend, a sincere friend, one that tells you the Truth, doesn’t lie, it’s the part that allows unhindered decisions, it gives you choices with clear intent, it’s the part of you that KNOWS, that just knows.
It’s the part of you that feels a higher compassion, a higher love, a higher self worth.
It is your HIGHER SELF.

How do you get from little self to “HIGHER SELF”?
We will tell you, it is as simple as asking for that higher connection.
Everyone has free will after all, have their own choices. We do not take that from anyone.
The journey from little self to bigger self, higher self is an enlightening one, as you visit parts to you that have never been seen before. We say journey, as it takes you on twists and turns. It shows you places within yourself that you have been “without”.

That higher universal connection is not airy fairy, it is as solid as a rock, or as liquid as water. It’s how you see it that makes it so.
So, to interpret what has been given to you, is your choice to do so. It gets back to how strong your “little self” is and how limited you are in that self – this is not a judgement, but universally speaking, the truth of it.

To see outside the square gives you everything, to live inside the square gives you boxes.

The True Being you are waits, it has waited this long, it has waited lives, upon lives, upon lives.
Maybe, just maybe, this time, this life, you were meant to “get it”, ever thought of that.
We leave you in love everlasting.

This is So!

M.A.M.

CAUSE AND EFFECT
In the Hidden Self

Consider this!

The True being Self - Cause
Higher Self - Effect
Little Self - Cause
3D Self - Effect

3D Self

The one that operates in a 3D world, who puts out in it's learned way, thru taught beliefs, who has to compromise itself in order to fit in, The one who is affected by what is around it.

Little Self

The self you are left with, to deal with, that steers you in your life, the one that causes you to react, to act out, by what is around it. It’s the self, which is a work in progress, never ending.

Higher Self

The self that emanates from a higher source is contracted to fulfill its souls journey. It is the Higher Self that is the gap between the earthly self, it is the self that is affected by directives, it cannot operate any way, but universally. It seeks to be discovered in a sense by the little self, so it can guide you into fulfilling your contract on earth. It is the knowing self, the realized self; it's your contact to higher realms. It cannot be achieved any other way. It's who you are. It is a living entity, which exists beyond earthly limitations.

True Self

The self that got you here in the first place, the self that has to exist, otherwise you would not. It is the self that is seeded from that which is G.O.D. The self that has had to agree to the lives that would be lived on Earth or otherwise, the self that has sealed your path, has agreed to the lessons that will be learned or not, the self that causes the whole process to take place, to work. It’s the self, which you return to when you leave your earthly life. To begin again, on another contracted life.

The Causes and the Affects which live within the Hidden Self are just as tangible as the causes and affects that you live out everyday with those around you, be it family, friends, acquaintances, world events, etc. To understand the hidden self first, to see why you do what you do in an open and truthful way, will give to you the steps to take in being able to address the issues in your life which you live out in a 3d world. The answers, the true answers will only be found within.

This is so.

M.A.M.

1. Why is it so difficult to harness this power?

The power we are trying to tap into is often complex and multi-faceted. It requires a deep understanding of different scientific principles and technologies, which can be challenging to grasp and apply successfully. Additionally, there may be limitations in our current knowledge and technology that hinder our ability to fully utilize this power.

2. Is this power only accessible to a select few?

No, this power is not limited to a specific group of individuals. It is available to anyone who has the necessary knowledge and resources to tap into it. However, the level of difficulty may vary depending on the individual's understanding and access to advanced technology and equipment.

3. What are some of the main obstacles in tapping this power?

One major obstacle is the lack of understanding and knowledge about the power itself. Without a strong foundation in relevant scientific principles, it can be challenging to harness this power effectively. Additionally, there may be financial and technological barriers that prevent widespread access and utilization of this power.

4. Are there any potential risks or dangers associated with harnessing this power?

As with any form of advanced technology, there may be risks and dangers associated with harnessing this power. It is crucial to conduct thorough research and risk assessments before attempting to tap into this power. Safety protocols and precautions should also be in place to minimize any potential risks.

5. Can we ever fully understand and utilize this power?

It is difficult to say whether we will ever fully understand and utilize this power. Science and technology are constantly evolving, and what may seem impossible today may become achievable in the future. However, it is essential to continue researching and exploring this power to unlock its full potential and benefits.