Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Why is this happening?

1. May 4, 2004 #1
    I didn't subscribe into ANY threads, but every other, week, I am automatically subscribed. When I check my e-mail, I get 40 extra e-mails from pfs telling me I have updates on some threads that I've "subscribed" to, even thought I never have. So, can anyone please do the honors of telling me how I could make it stop?
  2. jcsd
  3. May 4, 2004 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Nose around in your User CP. There should be an option to turn off "automatically subscribe to posted threads" or some such. I believe someone is working on a fix for this.

Greg, Warren?
  4. May 4, 2004 #3

Staff: Mentor

Hi Imparticle, there was a change made a few weeks ago that reset all options back to default values. Here is the way to fix it.

Just go to User CP, edit options, Default Thread Subscription Mode: select "do not subscribe"

Then go to User CP, select “view all subscribed threads” and deselect any threads listed that you see there, otherwise you will continue to get e-mail notifications on these, even after you reset your subscription default to “do not subscribe”, that only stops you from auto subscribing going forward.
  5. May 4, 2004 #4
    [sigh] THANK YOU EVO!!! You rock!! Thanks enigma!
  6. May 5, 2004 #5

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You are like the 4th, 5th, person to start a topic on it..
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?