Stop Unwanted E-mails: How to Unsubscribe from PFS Threads

• Thread starter Imparcticle
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses an issue with automatic subscriptions to threads on a forum. The speakers suggest checking the User CP and adjusting the subscription settings to stop receiving unwanted emails. It is mentioned that a recent change may have caused this issue and someone is working on a fix. The conversation ends with expressions of gratitude.
Imparcticle
I didn't subscribe into ANY threads, but every other, week, I am automatically subscribed. When I check my e-mail, I get 40 extra e-mails from pfs telling me I have updates on some threads that I've "subscribed" to, even thought I never have. So, can anyone please do the honors of telling me how I could make it stop?

Physics news on Phys.org
Nose around in your User CP. There should be an option to turn off "automatically subscribe to posted threads" or some such. I believe someone is working on a fix for this.

Greg, Warren?

Hi Imparticle, there was a change made a few weeks ago that reset all options back to default values. Here is the way to fix it.

Just go to User CP, edit options, Default Thread Subscription Mode: select "do not subscribe"

Then go to User CP, select “view all subscribed threads” and deselect any threads listed that you see there, otherwise you will continue to get e-mail notifications on these, even after you reset your subscription default to “do not subscribe”, that only stops you from auto subscribing going forward.

[sigh] THANK YOU EVO! You rock! Thanks enigma!

You are like the 4th, 5th, person to start a topic on it..

1. How do I unsubscribe from PFS Threads emails?

To unsubscribe from PFS Threads emails, you can click the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any email you receive from them. This will take you to a page where you can confirm your decision to unsubscribe.

2. Will unsubscribing from PFS Threads emails stop all unwanted emails?

Unsubscribing from PFS Threads emails will only stop emails from that specific company. If you are receiving unwanted emails from other companies, you will need to unsubscribe from them individually.

3. Why am I still receiving emails from PFS Threads after unsubscribing?

It may take a few days for your request to be processed and for the emails to stop completely. If you still receive emails after a week, you may need to contact PFS Threads directly to ensure your unsubscribe request was received.

4. Can I block PFS Threads emails from reaching my inbox?

Yes, you can block PFS Threads emails from reaching your inbox by creating a filter in your email settings. This will automatically send any emails from PFS Threads to your spam or trash folder.

5. Is there a way to unsubscribe from PFS Threads emails without clicking the link?

In most cases, clicking the unsubscribe link is the easiest and most effective way to unsubscribe from PFS Threads emails. However, if the link is not working or you are unable to access your email, you can also try contacting PFS Threads directly and requesting to be removed from their email list.