Unanswered Topics: Common Issues on Physics Forums - 154374, 154373, 154375

• Thread starter ritwik06
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around the user repeatedly posting questions without showing their own efforts and not following the rules of the forum. Other users express frustration and remind the user to show their work and think more deeply about their questions. The user apologizes and explains their love for physics and desire to improve their understanding.
Physics news on Phys.org
This is not a suitable way to draw attention to your threads.

Each of those threads was simply a question, to which I had to remind you to show your work. I guess noone's looked into them yet, and I forgot about then! You should be patient in the homework forums. In future, if you show your work at the start, then this won't happen (since homework helpers normally look for threads with 0 replies)

Perhaps because you repeatedly post questions without showing your own efforts and once pushed for your working, your subsequent posts do not seem to indicate any deep thought on your part. It may also be advantageous if you were to google before posting, definitions such as uniform magnetic field can be found in seconds and questions relating to friction and surface area are well documented on the Internet. All in all we don't expect you to know how to do the questions (or else you wouldn't be here); but we do request that you have thought seriously about a question; not just taken a cursory glance at the question and decided that you can't do it.

As an aside such complaints should be lodged in the Feedback forums.

We keep on telling you to show your work, yet when you have a new question, you never do so. I would assume that you should have learned the rules by now since you've been here for a while and you have been repeatedly asked to follow them. Your threads indicate no thought on your part.

ranger said:
We keep on telling you to show your work, yet when you have a new question, you never do so. I would assume that you should have learned the rules by now since you've been here for a while and you have been repeatedly asked to follow them. Your threads indicate no thought on your part.

I am very sorry! I was waiting. I never found the rules. I think a lot about my problems but when I can think of nothing I seek your help. I think that its not to provide my thoughts when I already know they are wrong! Our teachers are just good for nothing and I want to rise high. I want get my basics cleared. I am sorry for all the rules I violated. I am a student of class IX. And I love Physics, Computers, Maths and Astronomy.

1. Why isn't my question being answered?

There could be a few reasons why your question is not being answered. It is possible that the person you are asking does not have enough information or knowledge to answer your question. It could also be that your question is unclear or too broad, making it difficult for anyone to provide a specific answer. Additionally, if you are asking your question in a public forum, it may have simply been overlooked among the many other questions asked.

2. What can I do to get my question answered?

If you are asking your question in a public forum, you can try reposting it or editing it to make it more clear and specific. If you are asking an individual, you could try providing more information or background to help them better understand your question. You could also try asking someone else who may have more knowledge or expertise on the topic you are asking about.

3. Why do some questions get answered quickly while others don't?

The speed of getting an answer to your question depends on several factors. If your question is clear, specific, and relevant, it is more likely to be answered quickly. Additionally, if the person you are asking has the necessary knowledge and expertise, they may be able to provide a quick answer. However, if your question is too broad or unclear, it may take longer for someone to provide a satisfactory answer.

4. Is there a specific format or method for asking questions to get them answered?

While there is no set formula for asking questions, there are some best practices that can increase the chances of your question being answered. It is important to be clear and specific, providing enough context and details for someone to understand your question. Additionally, being polite and respectful can also encourage others to take the time to answer your question.

5. What should I do if my question remains unanswered for a long time?

If your question has not been answered for a significant amount of time, you could try reposting it in a different forum or reaching out to a specific person who may have the knowledge or expertise to answer it. You could also try breaking down your question into smaller, more specific questions, which may be easier for someone to answer. Lastly, it is important to be patient and understanding, as some questions may take longer to answer than others.