What Makes Men's Friendships Stronger Than Women's?

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Women
In summary: Do I dare do the Narnia joke? Ah what the hell, I'm going for it!)So far in the closet, he's having adventures in Narnia.In summary, men are better than women because they use the bathroom for #1, #2, and taking a shower. They also do not need to make a honey-do list because they are better at sex.
radou said:
In mine neither. Actually, I thing I could go for the Guiness book for the amount of time I spend on #2. I hate sitting on the toilet.

Now there'd be an interesting record.

Physics news on Phys.org
radou said:
In mine neither. Actually, I thing I could go for the Guiness book for the amount of time I spend on #2. I hate sitting on the toilet.

It's not necessary to be doing the deed to sit on the throne. It's to get some peace and quiet from the missus and to read the paper.

It's all a cunning ruse.

xxChrisxx said:
It's not necessary to be doing the deed to sit on the throne. It's to get some peace and quiet from the missus and to read the paper.

It's all a cunning ruse.

Ssshhhh. You're giving the game away.

xxChrisxx said:

It's all a cunning ruse.

Yeah, I'm perfectly aware of that, I just have a problem with sitting above my own faeces.

Although, one of my friends (who is quite the opposite regarding that issue) has a good counterargument - it's better to sit above your own faeces than having them inside you.

Most men don't put the seat down after they are done, like, come on, it's not a hard or time consuming task. Plus... for goodness sake, make the pee go in the toilet and not every place but! A woman can do both! :)

mcknia07 said:
Most men don't put the seat down after they are done, like, come on, it's not a hard or time consuming task. Plus... for goodness sake, make the pee go in the toilet and not every place but! A woman can do both! :)

Well, if there are no women living in the house, I don't see a reason why we should put the seat down. :tongue2:

radou said:
Well, if there are no women living in the house, I don't see a reason why we should put the seat down. :tongue2:

Even then we are only saving vital energy. Women have gravity to aid them when they have to put the seat down. Blokes have to work against gravity.

xxChrisxx said:
Even then we are only saving vital energy. Women have gravity to aid them when they have to put the seat down. Blokes have to work against gravity.

You mean, women are allowed to slam the seat down our of anger? :biggrin:

radou said:

True, but when you do finally have one (female) over, you don't want it to totally look like you are barbaric.

mcknia07 said:
True, but when you do finally have one (female) over, you don't want it to totally look like you are barbaric.

Speaking of barbarism, I think we should all switch to swat closets.

When there is more than one woman a bathroom may also be used as a conference room, though the conferences could take place elsewhere, one imagines.

Now I think about it I admit that men have been known to do this, but only to escape surveillance as in spy films or maybe real life; oh well maybe the motivation is somewhat the same. At one time bathrooms were the only places Soviet scientists could speak freely to Western ones. These days it takes place only at very high level like at Davos, where I imagine the bathrooms are specially designed for conferencing. Or another case was when the then British Prime Minister Brown talked to Obama during a UN conference because that was the only place Obama couldn't avoid him.

Q. So what have we learned in the last few posts?

A. That women create unnecessary mechanical wear on the toilet seat hinge.

The force is strong in this thread.

sep1301 said:
wrong not true I am a girl

Wrong you don't put the toilet seat down?

I contend with the assertion that women take more time when peeing. When I accept the fact that women have bodily functions beyond having to "freshen up" I will assert that my girlfriend can go pee in what would have to be less time than it would take me to walk to the bathroom. I have often observed (much to her annoyance) that it is my belief that she is going on the floor once she is out of sight. She misses nothing when we go to the movie theater as she is gone and back before the current scene ends. I swear that if I sprint to the bathroom and back I can not achieve the same feat.

All this being said I will now return to my belief that women have no bodily functions and merely go to the bathroom to continue looking nice and smelling pretty... And for five days a month she is grouchy and as such doesn't feel like having intercourse... And for no other reason than she is grouchy... Yep

Pattonias said:
I contend with the assertion that women take more time when peeing. When I accept the fact that women have bodily functions beyond having to "freshen up" I will assert that my girlfriend can go pee in what would have to be less time than it would take me to walk to the bathroom. I have often observed (much to her annoyance)

Am I the only one who got to there, stopped and laughed? Something of an involuntary reaction.

Of course a woman does hold the record for longest time in the bathroom.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23595533/ns/health-health_care/"

Last edited by a moderator:
The rule in my house is "leave the toilet seat up". Violators will likely sit in pee.

Seriously though... If you don't want something peed on, why insist that its always in the line of fire for those zombie walk 3am deposits.

Pythagorean said:
The rule in my house is "leave the toilet seat up". Violators will likely sit in pee.

Seriously though... If you don't want something peed on, why insist that its always in the line of fire for those zombie walk 3am deposits.

Well logically, the man should raise the seat before peeing and then lower it again when finished. This makes way more sense than a women looking at the seat and determining whether it is up or down before sitting. Duh

Pattonias said:
Well logically, the man should raise the seat before peeing and then lower it again when finished. This makes way more sense than a women looking at the seat and determining whether it is up or down before sitting. Duh

Yes, the issues people supposedly have over the damn toilet seat make no sense. How hard is it to put the seat down? and how hard is it to freaken look before you sit?

Pattonias said:
As a woman that fell into an open toilet of freezing water at 3am because someone forgot to put the seat down, you don't want to do that to someone you hope to have relations with. :grumpy:

There's no "forget" about it. I just don't.

In fairness, all the equal rights stuff for women and yet it's the bloke who has to deal with the toilet seat, just so they don't have to think about it. Yep, that's fair and equal! :uhh:

jarednjames said:
There's no "forget" about it. I just don't.

In fairness, all the equal rights stuff for women and yet it's the bloke who has to deal with the toilet seat, just so they don't have to think about it. Yep, that's fair and equal! :uhh:

No complaints here. I don't have to go through labor. Or all those other "things."

Evo said:
As a woman that fell into an open toilet of freezing water at 3am because "someone" forgot to put the seat down...
(quote marks added)

Did you forget to put the seat down, Evo?

My ex would have killed me if I'd forgotten to put it up before I did my own brand of business. Whether I left it up or not, she really didn't care after the first month of marriage, as she learned to check. I tried to remember to put it down, but just as girls living with girls learn to leave it down all the time, guys living with guys learn to leave it up all the time.

When girls and guys get married, this issue is bound to generate a conflict.

mugaliens said:
My ex would have killed me if I'd forgotten to put it up before I did my own brand of business. Whether I left it up or not, she really didn't care after the first month of marriage, as she learned to check. I tried to remember to put it down, but just as girls living with girls learn to leave it down all the time, guys living with guys learn to leave it up all the time.

Totally agree, as long as it's clean when you're done, you can leave it any which way.

mugaliens said:
as she learned to check

This is something I never understood/will never understand wrt the toilet seat issue. Don't women see the toilet as they walk towards it? Do they backup from the bathroom door? Or what?

I always put the seat and the lid back down ( I don't want to have this giant vile mouth staring at me when I'm brushing teeth/shaving/etc.) I've had women complain about that too!

caffenta said:
This is something I never understood/will never understand wrt the toilet seat issue. Don't women see the toilet as they walk towards it? Do they backup from the bathroom door? Or what?

I always put the seat and the lid back down ( I don't want to have this giant vile mouth staring at me when I'm brushing teeth/shaving/etc.) I've had women complain about that too!
Half asleep, 3am, no lights on.

You should never flush the toilet with the lid open, the spray from the toilet goes everywhere, have men not seen that show on tv that showed where the spray went?

Newai said:
No complaints here. I don't have to go through labor. Or all those other "things."

Seems to be the get out of jail card for everything.

As bad as it may be, it doesn't cover you for everything.

Evo said:
Half asleep, 3am, no lights on.

Complaints I've gotten never specified time of day/night or lighting. It was always like "sometimes I/we really have to go. No time to check&lift lid."

Someday I will do an experiment and remove the seat, leave the closed lid to see if she falls into the bowl. I probably wouldn't survive the experiment though. :biggrin:

Pattonias said:

logically, in a free market society, you protect your own ASSets and depend on no one else to.

Evo said:
As a woman that fell into an open toilet of freezing water at 3am because someone forgot to put the seat down, you don't want to do that to someone you hope to have relations with. :grumpy:

In a man's defense, the odds of having relations at 3 a.m. are not that good to start with. On the other hand, women can hold a grudge.

Evo said:

:rofl:

The Guiness record goes to you, Evo.

Btw, I wonder what the design of that toilet was.

Evo said:
... have men not seen that show on tv that showed where the spray went?

I think shows that do that do a disservice. Think back to to how care-free you life was before you found out about that. Not only did you not know, but you didn't know that you should care. Shame on you t.v. for showing us how nasty bathrooms are and what shows up on the ceiling of a hotel room when you turn on a black light.

I say meh and just live in blissful forced ignorance of those things. Long live the five-second rule. (Or fifteen second rule depending...)

Evo said:
You should never flush the toilet with the lid open, the spray from the toilet goes everywhere, have men not seen that show on tv that showed where the spray went?

And the spray from before the flush. Sometime during my many years as a bachelor, I started sitting down. After getting married, I have been "informed" about many things that I do the wrong way, but leaving the toilet seat up has not been one of them.

George Jones said:
And the spray from before the flush. Sometime during my many years as a bachelor, I started sitting down. After getting married, I have been "informed" about many things that I do the wrong way, but leaving the toilet seat up has not been one of them.

Well in fairness, if you're sitting down too would it ever have a need to be up? It's a bit like saying I never eat garlic but no one ever complains of my garlic breath.