Why men are happier than women

Evo

Mentor
icvotria said:
Here's a female-biased sexist joke off the internet Heeheehee
Where's the joke? :biggrin:

Gale17 said:
its not genetic.
There may not be a specific attraction-insecurity gene but insecurity itself has to be genetic. It is a mild form of fear, and without fear we'd do all kinds of dangerous stuff over and over and die before we were 10 years old.

Evo said:
Where's the joke? :biggrin:
Here it is:

Adam says to God: "You made Eve so beautiful! Why did you make her so beautiful?

"So you would love her."

"But she's very stupid. Whay did you make her so stupid?"

"So she would love you."

I think insecurity can take many forms. A person may become angry, or embarrassed, or arrogant or a number of other conditions. I think the point at which the ball leaves the hand, so to speak, in the fat pants quetion is where the insecurity manifests itself in vanity.

From the posts here it seems there definitely is much concern over females appearance, likely based in insecurity. Not one woman here yet has claimed that asking such a quetion is proper. I think the reason for this is a moral/ethical issue.

Is fear genetic or learned? Emotional responses can be attributed to activity in the brain and that would be genetic. The conditions that evoke these responses appear to be learned behaviors formed from society. I think insecurity is the social manifestation of the genetic capability to experience fear.

genetics, society, ethics/ fear, insecurity, vanity.