Why Are Subscribed Thread Emails Not Coming? - Forum Help

• Thread starter pivoxa15
  • Start date
In summary, there has been a recent issue with users not receiving email notifications for subscribed threads or private messages on the forum. Some users have tried adjusting their settings, but the problem seems to be widespread. It is unclear if this is due to a change in spam settings or a technical issue with the forum. Some users have stopped receiving notifications altogether and have not reported the issue. It is uncertain if there is a solution for those affected.
pivoxa15
I use to receive emails for subscribed threads which is any which I have posted in or started myself but recently I haven't received any in a months or so even though I have the instant notification box ticked in my user CP.

Physics news on Phys.org
I finally had to cry uncle and turn off my notifications for threads, but until recently I was still getting my pm notifications, which seems to have stopped now.

I don't get too many PM's but as far as I know, I'm still getting the emails for PM's.

I've stopped getting any notifications also. I didn't complain about it to anywhere, because they weren't absolutely important, and I wasn't sure where's the problem. You know, maybe some spam-settings changed in my email-account, and prevented notifications coming. But if other people have the same problem, then I guess this hasn't been my fault.

So there is nothing that can be done in my case?

1. Why am I not receiving emails for subscribed threads?

There could be a few reasons for this. First, make sure that the email address associated with your account is correct. If it is, then check your spam or junk folder to see if the emails are being sent there. If they are, mark them as "not spam" to ensure they come to your inbox in the future. If you have checked both of these and still are not receiving emails, there may be an issue with the forum's email system. Contact the forum support team for assistance.

2. How often should I expect to receive emails for subscribed threads?

This depends on the forum's settings and your own preferences. Some forums may send out emails for every new post or reply on a subscribed thread, while others may only send a daily or weekly digest. Check your account settings to see how often you have selected to receive email notifications.

3. Can I choose which threads I receive email notifications for?

Yes, most forums allow you to select which threads you want to subscribe to and receive email notifications for. You can usually do this by clicking on the thread's title and then selecting the option to "subscribe" or "follow" the thread. Some forums may also allow you to unsubscribe from a thread if you no longer want to receive notifications for it.

4. Why am I receiving emails for threads I did not subscribe to?

This could be due to a few reasons. First, make sure that you did not accidentally subscribe to the thread by clicking on the "subscribe" or "follow" button. If you did not, then it is possible that the forum's email system has a glitch and is sending out notifications for the wrong threads. Contact the forum support team for assistance in resolving this issue.

5. How can I stop receiving email notifications for subscribed threads?

If you no longer want to receive email notifications for a subscribed thread, you can usually unsubscribe by clicking on the thread's title and selecting the option to "unsubscribe" or "unfollow" the thread. If this option is not available, you can change your account settings to stop receiving email notifications for all subscribed threads. If you continue to receive notifications, contact the forum support team for further assistance.