Why people enjoy learning about physics?

• Thread starter UrbanXrisis
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, people enjoy learning physics because it is a subject that governs the world around us and is very important to understand. It can be fun to learn about how the world works, and some people may enjoy it more than others.
UrbanXrisis
I was just wondering why people enjoy learning about physics? My reason is becase our world is governed by these laws and it is crutial to understand them. Any other opinions?

Physics news on Phys.org
More then one reason and I doubt my answer will fully explain it. In a nutshell I want to understand how the world works and genuinely enjoy learning how and why things happen the way they do. I mean last week after a lecture on solids I was literally jumping up and down a few times outside the lecture hall by sheer excitement because it works, it works, isn't that the coolest thing ever? (Mind, if you do engage in such activities outside lecture halls you do get odd looks but I was beyond caring at that point.)
Also I'll admit that of all the subjects I could study physics is not my forte and I could do much better in other areas. But then you don't do things because they're easy, you do them because they're hard, and there's something about finally understanding that last physics problem on the homework that is incredibly exciting.

thanks Andromeda, any other opinions?

Andromeda321 said:
But then you don't do things because they're easy, you do them because they're hard, and there's something about finally understanding that last physics problem on the homework that is incredibly exciting.

Yeah I agree with this...I'm taking My A-Levels in Physics (and it isn't my first time! :blushing: but there's summat that made me retake it!)
I feel a lot more focused than last time, and really enjoy the work. I guess its one of those subject that mystifies everybody, because very little is known in comparison to what is to be learnt!

As my teacher always says that if it stinks - its biology, if it blows up - its chemistry, and if it doesn't work - then its physics!

I have my first examinations in January so wish me luck!

james_rich said:
As my teacher always says that if it stinks - its biology, if it blows up - its chemistry, and if it doesn't work - then its physics!

Ask your teacher if he/she got that from the very same people who said

"Those who can, do... those who can't, teach!"

Both quotes are equally demeaning and insulting to the people they represent. Your teacher, of all people, should not perpetuate such stupidity.

[OK... ok... I'll go take my valium now]

Zz.

1. Why is physics considered to be one of the most interesting subjects?

Physics is the study of the fundamental laws and principles that govern the natural world. It helps us understand the behavior of matter, energy, and forces, and how they interact with each other. This subject is fascinating because it can explain complex phenomena and answer fundamental questions about the universe.

2. What makes learning about physics enjoyable?

One of the reasons why people enjoy learning about physics is because it challenges our understanding of the world and pushes us to think critically and creatively. It also involves hands-on experiments and real-world applications, making it a dynamic and engaging subject to learn.

3. How does learning physics improve critical thinking skills?

Studying physics requires analytical thinking and problem-solving skills. By learning how to break down complex problems and apply logical reasoning, students can develop strong critical thinking skills that can be applied in various aspects of life.

4. What practical benefits does learning physics offer?

Physics has many practical applications in our daily lives, such as in technology, medicine, and engineering. By understanding the principles of physics, we can design and improve various technologies, develop new treatments for diseases, and create more efficient and sustainable systems.

5. How can learning about physics help us understand the world better?

Physics helps us understand the world around us by providing explanations for natural phenomena, from the simplest of motion to the complexities of the universe. It also helps us make connections between seemingly unrelated concepts and provides a deeper understanding of the laws that govern our world.