Why sleep is lovely sometimes

• Thread starter Jilang
  • Start date
As I grow older I'm wondering if my increasing love of sleep is in inverse proportion to real waking stimulation in the brain. Although I can't recall all my dreams, the ones I remember are quite awesome. (For example just last night I was exchanging diaries with Richard Branson, quite bizarre). Could it be a case that we become bored with the current state of the mind and crave some better stimulation? I have noticed that depressed people tend to sleep more and I myself am more inclined to snooze on a rainy Sunday afternoon.

As I grow older I'm wondering if my increasing love of sleep is in inverse proportion to real waking stimulation in the brain. Although I can't recall all my dreams, the ones I remember are quite awesome. (For example just last night I was exchanging diaries with Richard Branson, quite bizarre). Could it be a case that we become bored with the current state of the mind and crave some better stimulation? I have noticed that depressed people tend to sleep more and I myself am more inclined to snooze on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
Same here. But i have speculation when i sleep my brain activity are decreased because it only control body autonom function not think external problems such as homework. I thought sleeping is more lovely because it cure tired brain caused by external problems

I am not so convinced of that. Much processing is carried out during sleep. (Hence sleeping on a problem often leads to better solutions in the morning).

I am not so convinced of that. Much processing is carried out during sleep. (Hence sleeping on a problem often leads to better solutions in the morning).
Yep because brain have a limit like FUP in my opinion

FUP? What's that?

Fair usage percentage. That is an acronym i made for my brain limit