Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Why sleep is lovely sometimes

1. Jan 31, 2017 #1
    As I grow older I'm wondering if my increasing love of sleep is in inverse proportion to real waking stimulation in the brain. Although I can't recall all my dreams, the ones I remember are quite awesome. (For example just last night I was exchanging diaries with Richard Branson, quite bizarre). Could it be a case that we become bored with the current state of the mind and crave some better stimulation? I have noticed that depressed people tend to sleep more and I myself am more inclined to snooze on a rainy Sunday afternoon.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 31, 2017 #2
    Same here. But i have speculation when i sleep my brain activity are decreased because it only control body autonom function not think external problems such as homework. I thought sleeping is more lovely because it cure tired brain caused by external problems

4. Jan 31, 2017 #3
    I am not so convinced of that. Much processing is carried out during sleep. (Hence sleeping on a problem often leads to better solutions in the morning).

5. Feb 1, 2017 #4
    Yep because brain have a limit like FUP in my opinion

6. Feb 1, 2017 #5
    FUP? What's that?

7. Feb 2, 2017 #6
    Fair usage percentage. That is an acronym i made for my brain limit

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted